main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I have a bad feeling that Viqi Shesh is actually Ysanne Isard

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Admiral_Lelila, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    What we really need in the NJO is the return of Admiral Daala in the "Death Crusher", which is a hyperdrive-equipped battle station the size of a small moon with an outer shell that is completely impervious to all forms of energy and projectile attack and armed with star destroying torpedos and a high-energy laser capable of the total destruction of a planet. Then Daala could take out the Vong in one fell swoop. [face_mischief]

Where's KJA when you need him....

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention the Death Crusher has a single vulnerability - it has a womp-rat-sized diameter ventillation shaft that runs directly from the power core to the outer surface.

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Isard is indeed alive, but I don't believe she is Shesh.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Definatly not shesh.

4. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Interesting theory, but can't we just have Shesh as a whole new baddie villian? It makes it more refreshing than re-hashing old baddies, like a clone of a clone twice removed etc etc :)

5. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    KJA should write an NJO book.
    It would include the mighty Darkstar, a huge ice cream cone shaped thing with quantum armour, a star destroying superlaser and it has a superstructure large enough for fighters to fly into...

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't think Shesh=Isard is likely, but either way I'm betting that Shesh is pulling the ol' Palpatine maneuver. Borsk will be out of office in the NR one way or another very soon and I think Shesh is playing both sides in order to become Chancellor and then declare herself dictator for life.

7. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    I don't think Isard lived. Here is my evidence, to lend support ot whatever Bib might or might not have given:

page 327-328:

The blaster in Iella's right hand remained steady, however, and the shot from it caught Isard square in the stomach. She felt herself snapping forward, then flying back. Pian shot down her legs as she struck the wall, then stars exploded before her eyes as her head rebounded. She heard the distant clatter of her blaster on the floor as she slid down the wall...

...She looked up at Iella and opened her mouth to make yet one more taunt about Diric, but her lungs couldn't project as much as a squeak...

...Then, before she could any other way to try and hurt another human being, the world grew dark around her. In that last moment, in the sanctum the Emperor had given her, she realized she had failed him. With that realization held solidly in her mind, she admitted to herself that death would not be so bad after all.

page 336
    Wedge smiled as she slipped her hand on his arm and laid his left hand over her. "We both eliminated a Ysanne Isard from the galaxy and, after that, together, there's nothing that can beat us.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    First part is Isard's own thoughts, same kind of thoughts that go through corran horn every time he has a so-called death.

No one else says she died. People on earth go through near-death experiances, but often times it's the dillusions, or the effects of a coma, of blacking out.

"page 336
    Wedge smiled as she slipped her hand on his arm and laid his left hand over her. "We both eliminated a Ysanne Isard from the galaxy and, after that, together, there's nothing that can beat us."

Locking her away were she will never be a threat again, is elliminating her from the galaxy. Elliminating her from the galaxy's affairs.

So no shesh is not isard.

9. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    You can make a good case for it on circumstantial evidence, but I don't think it will hold water.

10. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Isard is alive. It is implied as heavily as can be without outright saying it.
    That doesn't mean Shesh=Isard.

11. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    Why couldn't Isard have died the first time, and stayed dead? As a villain, she was never satisfactory to begin with. Then she came back, and sucked some more. If Shesh is Isard, I will be very, very angry...

Too bad that evidence is crappily convincing enough that Del Rey might actually think of it. And get KJA to write it.

12. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, I always liked my theory that Shesh may actually be a daughter of Palpatine's.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Isard is alive! Isard is alive! Isard is alive!

*Does a victrory dance*

She's Shesh. Has to be. Shesh was... interesting, to say at leas´r.

I haven't thought it so before, most likely because I usually start to sniff when they 'killed' her. I've been too mortified.

I agree on the fact that it's written like every one of those 'Corran is dying' scenes we've had so often. I rember starting to cry when reading Onslaught, the part where he almost died, DESPITE the fact that I had heard dthat he DIDN'T die, from a chat with Mike (One of the coolest experience of my life...)

Isard DID NOT die. I refuse to believe that my idol is dead. UNless I get to replace her :)

And when you think "What kind of a sicko wants to be Isard?" I'll tell you what kind of sicko. The kind of that yesterday avoided getting thrown into top-security psych ward by the skin of her teeth. (The cow of a doctor was already rising from her chair to write the thing that would have sent me to unvoluntary treatment... thank the Force that my famous hysterics saved my a**.)´

I consider Isard a really cool person, and would like to be her, MINUS her bias against aliens...

Ara
    (Psychotic Isard-wannabe, hysteric, actress and stuff)

14. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Ysanne Isard is not Viqi Shesh.

15. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Very interesting theories. I'm definitely on the side that Isard is still alive here. Don't know about Shesh though, that would be stretching things a little to bring her back once again.

Another thing to consider though is that I'm pretty sure the Lusankya was eventually scrapped(the reference in the BFC i think), which would imply that Isard would've been moved to another, possibly less secure, location.

That's assuming she didn't die from the blaster wound.:)

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Lusankya is still around, but she's been recalled to defend key Core worlds, which is why we haven't seen her in the NJO battles yet.

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Lusankya was not scrapped, mon mothma may of ordered it, but NRI is not bound to listen to a civillian. and would have hid the ssd from most everyone since it held top secret info, and was a science ship from the modifications made to it.

18. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh please, theres no way they could run an SSD without the fact it still exists leaking out.
    If they say they've scrapped all the SSDs they've scrapped them. Or do you think Mon mothma is to stupid to notice an SSD sized whole in the scrapyard?

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Oh yes they can. The same thing that was going on in Borleias, except in grander scale. It's a big Galaxy...

Ara
    (Sniffling... Aargh! I thought it was over, but no...)

20. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    According to the Essential Chronology,the NR still has two SSDs.the Lusamkya and the Guardian.Don't tell me they were scrapped,because they helped repel an Imperial attack that occurred AFTER the BFC.

The one mentioned in the BFC was probaly captured soley by NR Forces.That SSD was probaly the Aggressor,the only known SSD who's fate is not known.

21. _admiral_kettch_

Oct 3, 2001
    That just doesn't make sense though. First of all the Aggressor has never been mentioned to have been captured by the NR at all. And secondly, the Lusankya was well known to have been in service to the NR prior to the BFC, so if the NR did happen to have two SSDs at the time of the BFC(Lusankya and Aggressor) and they made a statement that their one SSD had been scrapped then wouldn't it be incredibly stupid and a blatant lie if the Lusankya, under the same name continued service??

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Oh, you would be surprised what goverments and military does. For instance during the cold war there was a weapon reduction plan signed with the russians.

It was meant to dismantle atomic weapons on both sides. The president said yes he did. But evidence exists post that time period that we never did dismantle much if any of our nukes.

Well, who knows it could have been the same in russia?

Politicians lie, they fill the people with propaganda, and misinformation. "What you don't know, can't hurt you."

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Mon Mothma gave the order, but that order may not have been carried out.

24. _admiral_kettch_

Oct 3, 2001
    That's nice, but you would think she'd notice that their SSD was continuing on in service. That's usually a good sign that it hassn't been scrapped.

25. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    When did she gave the order ? She no longer has any authority on such things after JAT. And since the Lusankya is still in activity by SoA, it means she could only have order such a thing during her short return to Chief of State during BFC (it was during BFC, right ?). And I think when she replaced Leia, she just calmed things down, because she knew Leia was acting the good way, and she didn't want to interfer with her managing of the NR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.