main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

I have been up for 16 Hours, and need to go another 16. Any Suggestions on how to stay up?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Quickstrike34, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I have been awake since 2:02pm EST, Friday Afternoon. It is now 6:09am EST Saturday Morning, and I wish to stay awake for another 16 Hours at least, or at least enough to get me through to 8pm and mabey if I'm lucky 9 or 10.

One Might ask Why I'm doing this? Well I myself dont even really know, for one thing I have been on a night schedule and wish to switch back because I am going to have some time off of school and alot of the things I need to do over the next Three Months will require me to be up during the Daylight hours, rather than lurking around the house at the wee hours of the morning.

In Short, I am asking my Fellow Jcers for suggestions on how to stay up another 16 hours minimum, if it be through a Caffinated Beverage or if it requires Physical Effort please post any suggestions or experiances of Staying up all night!

Thanks!

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I have some pills you might want to consider...no, wait, those are aspirin. Sorry, can't help you.

3. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Not sleeping in LONG TERM could cause you to DIE... I am not kidding!

32 hours maybe fine... but more = Extremely dangerous...

Your body has to has some sleep, if u don't then it affects everything your body functions.

It also depends on how much sleep you had last time, was it A LOT MORE (Better) or also short (Worse)

EDITED

4. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    That is True, but a less than 48 Hour Stretch couldant Harm too much, Collage Studants do worse During Finals to my understanding ;)

Besides, when it comes to staying up all night I've sort of gotton used to it form when I would party with friends. This may wind up being my Second longest Stretch though.

5. JediRedi

JediRedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Do you really need to stay up continuously to return your body clock to normal?

6. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    Do you really need to stay up continuously to return your body clock to normal?

No, Actully I dont

However, its this or do it in a way thats bassically go to sleep an hour earlyer each night and wake an hour Earlyer, But wheres the fun in that! 8-}

I like a challange :)

7. Anvia_Fett

Anvia_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Drink coffee. Run, skip and jump around the building only when necessary. You need to save your energy, so restrict any elaborate arm movements.

:D

8. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding, I edited.

hell yes, 16 is definatly fine!! But, I strongly recommending against driving!

9. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Like typing. ;)

10. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    JM22, Last time I slept (6:30am EST to 2:02pm EST Friday) I had about 8 hours of un-intrupted sleep, only waking a couple times form things such as the bathroom or someone walkign down the hallway too hard.

I think 8 hours is about a decent nights sleep, though 10 woule proabbly have been better, but unfortuetly I had to get up an do a few things. :)

11. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    JM22, Dont worry about, I have done the same in other Threads. :)

12. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    A Gamer died playing game nonstop (Don't sleep, eat right)

[link=http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/10/10/1034061260831.html]Story[/link]

13. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    How about playing the SW drinking game with a caffinated drink instead of alcohol. ;) That should keep you up for a while. [face_mischief] :D

Well, works for me anyway. ;)

LittleJedi

14. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    If you like a challange you should drink loads of coffe and eat some coffeinepills and then try to sleep. That is waaaay harder than to stay awake... You could always sit on a small chair that you will fall off every time you fall asleep and thus will injur yourself. Pain keeps you awake! (to some degree and when it passes that certain point it knocks you out)....

Okay, those where not any good ideas but if you don't get any better.... ;)

15. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    Use the force. :p

I'm deeply sorry, but it had to be said.

16. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    watch all yer star wars movies.
    watch the sun rise.
    go outside and do something.

17. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    I keep a bucked of almost ice cold water in the tub...everytime I feel a bit drowsy...I plunge my head in there and keep it in there for three four minutes...it works...
    -------------------
    [hl=powderblue]~~MS64 Loves Taun We[/hl]
    [link=http://www.swnyc.com/]Star Wars NYC[/link]: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10103]Visit the Big Apple Boards[/link]

18. Quickstrike34

Sep 27, 2001
    Lol, Some of these Suggestions sound like Fun. Give them a Try I will have to :)

19. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    moe, you can hold your breath a long time!

:eek:

like a scuba diver!

20. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I have two words for you Quickstrike my old buddy.

Red...Bull.

21. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    Throw on a highly intense action movie with lots of noise, then put on your Stereo with some heavy metal music. That oughta keep ya up ;)

...and a Jango

22. DarthCrambette

DarthCrambette Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Don't watch movies. It my experience this puts me to sleep.

23. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Sex.

24. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    Dr. Pepper and coffee grinds.....and try to get at least 5 hours of sleep...or you might hurt yourself.

25. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Two Things: Coffee and Loud Music

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.