main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Jaina Solo (The Great Chiss War)(Post-NJO: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri,more) Completed 2/23/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    thesporkbewithyou: [face_laugh] Great name!

The Chiss betraying the Alliance? Well, that's a shock, although I'm actually not that surprised. After all, they would probably want to get back at the Alliance forr Vergere's sabotage of Alpha Red.

That's true ;)

I think the first post was written very well YodaKenobi. The tone is exactly the sort of tone you'd expect to hear from someone telling an account of horrific things that have happend to them, but are very reluctant to do so. And it sets the tone for the rest of the story as well. Very realistic, unlike some other Jaina action centered fics I've read.

Thanks :) I hope it doesn't seem too bleak. A lot of it will just be little stories and Jaina editorializing, but I hope it comes off right.

I feel very bad for Chewie's family now. First Chewie's death is connected with the Solo family, and now Lowie's is! Poor guys. I am confused about one thing though. Does this mean Jag and Kyp and everyone else are dead? I hope not.

No, it doesn't mean that. They may be alive ;) As for Chewie's family, you're right :( I don't think I would ever kill Lowie in my regular fic series.

Thanks for reading, spork :)

2. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    YodaKenobi, it's been a long time since I've commented on your stories, but I noticed this one and felt the need to say something. You are an excellent writer who thinks up really interesting ideas to write about. That's like fifty billion times superior to me and I want to acknowledge that I will try to catch up on your trilogy and reply, then work on the other stuff you've written.

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    YodaKenobi that is quite the intriguing prologue. I can't wait to see where you take this.

4. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Rodian: Good to see you again :)

it's been a long time since I've commented on your stories, but I noticed this one and felt the need to say something. You are an excellent writer who thinks up really interesting ideas to write about. That's like fifty billion times superior to me and I want to acknowledge that I will try to catch up on your trilogy and reply, then work on the other stuff you've written.

Thanks [face_blush] :) :D Glad you like the stories. Don't worry about catching up, it's not a race ;)

BigFatty: that is quite the intriguing prologue. I can't wait to see where you take this.

Thanks, Fatty :) (I never thought I'd be calling someone that online :p)

New post will be up later :D

5. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Thanks I hope it doesn't seem too bleak. A lot of it will just be little stories and Jaina editorializing, but I hope it comes off right.

Hm...no. Not too bleak, particularly when writing something like this. But then again, that might just be because I'm in the mood for reading something like this.

No, it doesn't mean that. They may be alive As for Chewie's family, you're right I don't think I would ever kill Lowie in my regular fic series.

May be alive? That's a comfort. For Kyp at least. Jag's gotten way too much of the good spotlight, though I'm not talking in terms of J/J or J/K. I'm still not converted to any of them.

Thanks for reading, spork

No problem. It's actually my pleasure. It actually helped me fend off a bout of insomnia.

*plops down on a couch and waits for later*

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spork: Hm...no. Not too bleak, particularly when writing something like this. But then again, that might just be because I'm in the mood for reading something like this.

:D

May be alive? That's a comfort. For Kyp at least. Jag's gotten way too much of the good spotlight, though I'm not talking in terms of J/J or J/K. I'm still not converted to any of them.

Yeah, it took a long time for Jag to begin to grow on me... like a cancer! :p

No problem. It's actually my pleasure. It actually helped me fend off a bout of insomnia.
    *plops down on a couch and waits for later*

Well, it's later now ;) You might want to save it for later though if you need help sleeping :p

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 1: Beginning at the End

I really don't know where to begin, short of going back to my birth and all that, which seems like too much of a cliché? if this is my last account, I think I'd rather be remembered as a bad storyteller than a cliché.

But where do I start? With our victory over the Vong? With Jag? By telling you about Tahiri and Ossus or the Chiss and their non-aggression?

I really can't decide, so I think I'll just tell you where I am now. The planet is known mostly by its Imperial survey number, THX-1138-42-07, like most worlds in the Unknown Regions, but we've learned that the Chiss call this world Chafour. My father could probably come up with a better name for it, but I'll spare you. Needless to say, this isn't Tafanda Bay.

What's it like, you ask? It's not a very large planet, but it has an oxygen rich atmosphere and is hospitable to life? hospitable in its most rudimentary sense and whether the life in question is truly intelligent or not is still on the table. It's hot and sticky here, most of the planet is covered in jungles with rivers cutting through at sometimes-dangerous speeds, and there are all sorts of critters moving about. The towering jungle trees actually make Chafour an excellent place to crash your starfighter, but I really don't want to get into that.

It's really not so bad, not much different from Yavin 4, really. When the sun is out, it is nearly unbearable, but at night you can see the flashes around the stars as the Alliance Fleet is still battling the Chiss in orbit.

Two days and counting...

In many ways, it's not much like Yavin though. There are long stretches of swampy marshes, the foul smelling bogs attracting hoards of flitnats. My arms and neck are covered in their damned bites. I figured they?re getting a head start on me becoming a part of this world...

Perhaps it's the temples hidden in the jungles that remind me of Yavin 4? great ancient constructs of volcanic rock, architectural achievements like few exist, all the more impressive when you consider how primitive the people were who constructed them, long before hyperspace travel. Or what is left of them is impressive anyway, having fallen victim to the natural decay of time, and perhaps even battles.

They were built by a race of Chiss who were native to Chafour, not the Chiss homeworld Csilla. These Chiss were fairer of skin and hair, and may have been shorter than their relatives? they are all gone now.

I can't help but wonder what happened to them, what could have wiped out a race with the determination and ingenuity it took to construct the towering temples?

Probably the Chiss? I wish they would all suffer the fate of this ancient society.

As I write this? wait, let's stop there to clear this up now? when I say write this, I mean that I'm talking into a mic that transmits back to my astromech droid, who's recording this onto a datacard in text. I could use a datapad, but that would tie up at least one of my hands, making travel more difficult. It's also one of the few functions poor Artoo can still perform, but I'll come back to that later.

I also want to keep my hands free so I can get to my lightsaber or blaster unimpeded.

Why?

What am I doing here?

Why, hunting, of course.

Guess who.

8. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    I wish they would all suffer the fate of this ancient society.

Wow, those are some strong words there. And good ending, I really liked it. Can't wait 'til your next post! :)

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hunting eh? Yeah, I wonder who :p

10. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    YK: wow, this is good!! :D :D :eek: :cool:

I like what you're doing with the narrative, in every sense...

And, let's see - hunting?

Jacen or Jag, at a guess? o_O [face_thinking] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

11. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Nice post, but why does she have Artoo and not Luke? [face_thinking]

12. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Sweet post!

Hunting who??? hmm...I think that it should be Jacen AND Jag...and she should catch them and kill them both...I-I mean...*cough* the chiss....yeah....right...she's hunting the chiss or something. ^_^

And what have you done to poor artoo? He is the best character ever...he's saved the day in like every one of the movies!...*sniff* you've gone and made him all discombobulated in the crash haven't you?

hah, I'm totally in a weird mood now...but I loved the post. ;)

-CG

13. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, it took a long time for Jag to begin to grow on me... like a cancer!

Jag's not quite grown on me yet, but I do think he's more logical than say...Kyp or Zekk. *thoughtfully* Are you implying something by that? Because the last time I checked the dictonary, cancer has a negative connotation.

Well, it's later now You might want to save it for later though if you need help sleeping

*shrugs* I was going to do that, but the urge to check back got the better of me. Even skipped out on watching The Apprentice. Of course, Star Wars is way better than The Apprentice, so it's really no loss.

On to the post.

First off, it would be just like Han to come up with a *cough* better name for the planet. I can just imagine it now. Though, that would only infuriate the Chiss more, causing Leia to save him from some political -political mind you, not just warical(er...that's not even a word...)- situation.

Second of all, beautiful discription. I'm actually getting a picture of a sort of modified Yavin with a little Endor mixed into it, courtesy of: When the sun is out, it is nearly unbearable, but at night you can see the flashes around the stars as the Alliance Fleet is still battling the Chiss in orbit.

They were built by a race of Chiss who were native to Chafour, not the Chiss homeworld Csilla. These Chiss were fairer of skin and hair, and may have been shorter than their relatives? they are all gone now.

I can't help but wonder what happened to them, what could have wiped out a race with the determination and ingenuity it took to construct the towering temples?

...More Yavin comparisons? Reminds me of the Massassi race. And a little of Stonhedge. Both drawing from the same source?

It's also one of the few functions poor Artoo can still perform, but I'll come back to that later.

Poor Artoo! I LUFF the little fellow. Why is it always the astromechs that suffer the worst damage? And to repeat an already asked question, what is he doing with Jaina and not Luke?

14. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Is it just me or is the tone of this story really creepy?

Eh, I like creepy.

15. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    More superb writing, YK.

The planet is known mostly by its Imperial survey number, THX-1138-42-07,

LOL!!

Great cliffie.

**settles down on sofa to wait for next post**

oldj

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Reva: Wow, those are some strong words there. And good ending, I really liked it. Can't wait 'til your next post!

I don't think she likes the Chiss ;)

Spike: Hunting eh? Yeah, I wonder who

Wabbit :p Thanks for reading, Spike :D

Thrawn: wow, this is good!!

I like what you're doing with the narrative, in every sense...

I actually wanted to do this with EOTH, telling it from Jaina's POV at a point near the end, but it just created a lot of problems because EOTH is sort of a mystery, and having a character tell you the story who already knows everything doesn't give her a good reason for withholding things, so I had to scrap the idea.

And, let's see - hunting?
    Jacen or Jag, at a guess?

You're just saying that because you think I don't like Jacen or Jag :p I don't know how these rumors get started...

Fatty: Nice post, but why does she have Artoo and not Luke?

Thanks, you can infer what you like about Artoo ;) Of course, Luke has let the Solo's borrow him plenty of times, as Luke has borrowed Threepio.

ChissGoddess: Sweet post!

:)

Hunting who??? hmm...I think that it should be Jacen AND Jag...and she should catch them and kill them both...I-I mean...*cough* the chiss....yeah....right...she's hunting the chiss or something. ^_^

[face_laugh] Yeah, I hear ya loud and clear.

And what have you done to poor artoo? He is the best character ever...he's saved the day in like every one of the movies!...*sniff* you've gone and made him all discombobulated in the crash haven't you?

Basically, you've got it.

hah, I'm totally in a weird mood now...but I loved the post.

You're goofy :p And I mean that in a positive way ;)

spork: Jag's not quite grown on me yet, but I do think he's more logical than say...Kyp or Zekk. *thoughtfully* Are you implying something by that? Because the last time I checked the dictonary, cancer has a negative connotation.

I can't give away plot spoilers :p

*shrugs* I was going to do that, but the urge to check back got the better of me. Even skipped out on watching The Apprentice. Of course, Star Wars is way better than The Apprentice, so it's really no loss.

I've never seen the Apprentice, but it looks pretty bad :p

On to the post.
    First off, it would be just like Han to come up with a *cough* better name for the planet. I can just imagine it now. Though, that would only infuriate the Chiss more, causing Leia to save him from some political -political mind you, not just warical(er...that's not even a word...)- situation.

That's all right, I think I got the gist of it :p

Second of all, beautiful discription. I'm actually getting a picture of a sort of modified Yavin with a little Endor mixed into it,

You might want to throw in so Dagobah, but with greener grasses and more sun.

...More Yavin comparisons? Reminds me of the Massassi race. And a little of Stonhedge. Both drawing from the same source?

Did I get the idea from Stonehendge? Not really. I probably did get it from the Massassi and Yavin.

Poor Artoo! I LUFF the little fellow. Why is it always the astromechs that suffer the worst damage?

I'm sure Threepio would tell you there's no one more picked-on than he is.

And to repeat an already asked question, what is he doing with Jaina and not Luke?

Well, Luke could be dead ;) Or Jaina could just be borrowing him the way the Solo's have lots of times.

Thanks for reading :)

Rodian: Is it just me or is the tone of this story really creepy?

It's just you, Disney is paying me to write this.

Eh, I like creepy.

Good :D

oldj: More superb writing, YK.

Thank you :)

LOL!!

I'm surprised you're the first one to say anything about that ;)

Great cliffie.
    **settles down on sofa to wait for

17. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    I like what you are doing with this story so far. That was a great cliffhanger. Now I can't wait to find out who Jaina is hunting. :)

18. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    I can't give away plot spoilers

Ah-ha! So I've picked up on something. Better keep that point tucked away somewhere safe. *opens up a dictionary and bookmarks the page with cancer*. Meh. Too bad the OED print is so small, it's almost impossible to read.

But then again, impossible isn't for anyone who wields the Force like I will next year. *brightens* I'm taking fencing for an elective.

I've never seen the Apprentice, but it looks pretty bad

Actually, it's one of the best reality shows out there. It actually has a point to it, that doesn't mainly focus on what goes on behind the scenes. We got hooked on it first season.

You might want to throw in so Dagobah, but with greener grasses and more sun.

Not that Dagobah had any sun, or any real grass either. Hm...less swamp or more swamp? And should I stick a couple of half drowned X-Wings as well? *blinks* Why am I getting a sense of de ja vu?

Did I get the idea from Stonehendge? Not really. I probably did get it from the Massassi and Yavin.

So...basically the same type of ziggurat structure as the great temple, and the one Corran blew up in I, Jedi? Did they even have the same type of architecture?

I'm sure Threepio would tell you there's no one more picked-on than he is.

Yes, I guess he would. Though the worse bodily damge he really suffered was on Bespin when those thingers took him apart.

Well, Luke could be dead Or Jaina could just be borrowing him the way the Solo's have lots of times.

I'm not liking that train of thought YodaKenobi. I'm going to have dreams now of who could possibly dead. And since Jaina's hunting someone...I'm assuming it's either Jag or someone aformentioned. I smell a non-Chiss traitor in the group.

Edit: Forget about the swamp question. I just reread the post. Yeah...now that bit of Dagobah is coming in crystal clear.

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    owensby: I like what you are doing with this story so far. That was a great cliffhanger. Now I can't wait to find out who Jaina is hunting.

Thanks :) My plan is working perfectly *rubs hands together evilly*

:p

spork: Ah-ha! So I've picked up on something. Better keep that point tucked away somewhere safe. *opens up a dictionary and bookmarks the page with cancer*. Meh. Too bad the OED print is so small, it's almost impossible to read.

I may have been joking about it being a spoiler :p

But then again, impossible isn't for anyone who wields the Force like I will next year. *brightens* I'm taking fencing for an elective.

:eek: Cool. I always wanted to do that. *is jealous*

Actually, it's one of the best reality shows out there. It actually has a point to it, that doesn't mainly focus on what goes on behind the scenes. We got hooked on it first season.

I really don't watch any "reality" TV, so it being the best really doesn't sell me on it :p

Not that Dagobah had any sun, or any real grass either. Hm...less swamp or more swamp? And should I stick a couple of half drowned X-Wings as well? *blinks* Why am I getting a sense of de ja vu?

Heh, maybe not Dagobah so much as the Dead Marshs from LOTR, but with fewer dead bodies.

So...basically the same type of ziggurat structure as the great temple, and the one Corran blew up in I, Jedi? Did they even have the same type of architecture?

No, they're temples, but probably a completely different design ;)

Yes, I guess he would. Though the worse bodily damge he really suffered was on Bespin when those thingers took him apart.

"We seem to be made to suffer."

I'm not liking that train of thought YodaKenobi. I'm going to have dreams now of who could possibly dead.

Since this isn't my normal AU storyline, I do feel a bit of an itchy "trigger-finger" [face_mischief] [face_devil]

And since Jaina's hunting someone...I'm assuming it's either Jag or someone aformentioned. I smell a non-Chiss traitor in the group.

Maybe :D

Edit: Forget about the swamp question. I just reread the post. Yeah...now that bit of Dagobah is coming in crystal clear.

Yeah. Maybe some of the marshes you see in jungles like in Vietnam would be a good visual.

20. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Jaina? Hunting? Interesting.

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Jaina? Hunting? Interesting.

22. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Hmm, so I'm guessing Jaina crashed, but crashed after somebody, kinda like Luke and Mara did? And R2 got all messed up :( poor little dude. And she's hunting after whoever she shot down.

23. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002

This is one of the most interesting stories I have seen on the boards in quite a while. Great job, please keep at it. :)

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Dev: Hmm, so I'm guessing Jaina crashed, but crashed after somebody, kinda like Luke and Mara did? And R2 got all messed up poor little dude. And she's hunting after whoever she shot down.

Very good, Mr. Binks ;) You've got it nailed down pretty well. Thanks for reading :D

Kettch: This is one of the most interesting stories I have seen on the boards in quite a while. Great job, please keep at it.

Wow, thanks a lot :) Glad you're enjoying it.

New post should be up in a day or two :D

25. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Whoo...went away for the weekend so I couldn't reply right away. I was so worried that I'd missed something, but I'm glad I didn't.

I may have been joking about it being a spoiler

Ooh...that's just cruel! Making me doubt myself and all that. But I'm still gonna keep that train of thought filed away.

Cool. I always wanted to do that. *is jealous*

*grins* I wasn't originally going to take it, but my schedule got messed up, so I was "stuck" with it. I can't wait though.

I really don't watch any "reality" TV, so it being the best really doesn't sell me on it

Hm...it's kind of hard to explain, but you should really watch an episode.

Heh, maybe not Dagobah so much as the Dead Marshs from LOTR, but with fewer dead bodies.

No, they're temples, but probably a completely different design

Oh yeah...got the visuals coming in strong now. *Shudders* Poor Jaina.

"We seem to be made to suffer."

To paraphrase a quote from Leia at the begining of the Trilogy, "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they got caught in the blasterfire." Perhaps not the best paraphrase in the world, but it'll have to do. *shrugs*

Since this isn't my normal AU storyline, I do feel a bit of an itch "trigger-finger"

I read that trilogy way after it was completed, so I sort of see what you mean. Hm...killing off characters is always a fun job when you're in the mood, isn't it?

You're not giving anything away are you? My is that infuriating. Most definetly going to give me some sleepless nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.