main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Jaina Solo (The Great Chiss War)(Post-NJO: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri,more) Completed 2/23/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    spork: Whoo...went away for the weekend so I couldn't reply right away. I was so worried that I'd missed something, but I'm glad I didn't.

Nope, nothing. And I hope you didn't go to C3 over the weekend, because I'm jealous of enough people :p

Ooh...that's just cruel! Making me doubt myself and all that. But I'm still gonna keep that train of thought filed away.

Be sure to file it under "c" for cruel :p

*grins* I wasn't originally going to take it, but my schedule got messed up, so I was "stuck" with it. I can't wait though.

Yes, it should be fun :)

Hm...it's kind of hard to explain, but you should really watch an episode.

They talk about it on the news [face_laugh] (I don't know why)

Oh yeah...got the visuals coming in strong now. *Shudders* Poor Jaina.

Hehehe [face_devil]

To paraphrase a quote from Leia at the begining of the Trilogy, "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they got caught in the blasterfire." Perhaps not the best paraphrase in the world, but it'll have to do. *shrugs*

:p

I read that trilogy way after it was completed, so I sort of see what you mean. Hm...killing off characters is always a fun job when you're in the mood, isn't it?

Yeah, I think I'm just not as afraid of screwing things up by offing a character or two in this one. Jaina pretty much spelled it out at the beginning :p

You're not giving anything away are you? My is that infuriating. Most definetly going to give me some sleepless nights.

I don't normally give hints and when I do they're intentionally misleading (you can ask others :p), so you should be glad I'm not doing that 8-}

Hoping for a new post tomorrow, but I haven't even started working on it and I'm not sure what I'm going to write about yet [face_thinking]

2. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 2: Why I Don't Read Sovel

It's been more than a day now that I've been stuck here. Realizing that this will probably be my final resting place, that there will be no getting off of this rock that might best be described as the galaxy's armpit, is nearly as depressing as the traditional thoughts one gets when considering their own mortality. To think that this is where it will all end seems so inappropriate it boarders on perversion.

I'm sure that's the way everyone feels though, who has a chance to consider these things. The lucky ones go quick. They get firebombed in a surprise attack by the Chiss, or drown on Mon Cal when the depth charges tore apart the cities there, or blasted in a hail of green clawcraft fire like Lowie did...

Don't worry, I won't linger long.

Nieus P. Sovel? famed Sullustan writer, scholar, mathematician? wrote once that the essence of sentient life was the choices a being made. His feeling was that choices were more tangible than thoughts and really determined who a person was. "Every being can have nice and noble thoughts," he said. "Yet so many do wicked things."

"Choices have substance," he argued, "and can even be measured as height and weight are."

Sovel did this, mathematically reducing beings to the choices they'd made with a formula that I'm certain either made the Given writhe in ecstasy or snicker at Sullustan stupidity? I don't know which, but I'm sure they had a reaction.

Mathematically reduce me and I?m not sure what you?d find? I never understood the formula and I?m not sure how many real choices I?ve had, given the galaxy I was born into. That?s not a complaint, I won?t stand here and tell you life?s been more unfair to me because I was born a Jedi, the daughter of the Chief of State of the New Republic and a war hero. I'm sure you'd stop reading if I did? but try and understand that the perky benefits, fine foods, lavish apartment, and galactic fame? that stuff doesn't really outweigh the detractors when there are people constantly trying to do you and your family harm... but I'm getting away from my point again. My point is, given my circumstances, I didn't have a lot of wiggle room.

Someone might look at my actions, at the choices I seem to have made, and say that I must be very brave to have done so many noble things and all? but what else was I going to do? There was never a day where I decided to be a Jedi. When your uncle is the Jedi Master and your siblings are two of the strongest Force-users to ever grace this galaxy, that decision is as made as any could be.

It's too bad that Nieus P. Sovel isn't here so I could tell him what a crock his theory is.

There is one choice I made though, that I keep going over? things would definitely be different if I'd said "yes." I was actually asked more than once, so I had lots of opportunities. I would probably be wearing the black Chiss uniform instead of this sleeveless undershirt with the GFFA insignia on it? it's so humid here I had to peel the top of my flightsuit off to keep from dying, and tied the arms around my waist so they wouldn't dangle. Make a note of this? flightsuits are great for flying, but impractical for anything else.

Anyway, the choice I made was on Zonama Sekot about seven years ago, right after the surrender of the Yuuzhan Vong. Jagged Fel? who, let me say now while I'm feeling sentimental incase this document turns sour, I loved? Jag asked me to come with him to Csilla. It was essentially a marriage proposal, I think, and was followed by a real one a few years later. Anyway, I don't really know why I refused on Sekot? I guess my head was filled with thoughts of family and fantasies about the Jedi council.

I keep wondering what would have happened if I'd said "yes," and also if Jag knew then what the Chiss had planned for the GFFA? I don't think he did. But if I'd accepted, I might have joined the Chiss, and knowing me I would probably have fallen in love with the idea of such disciplined soldiers at my command... Everything would be diff

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    :D

Shoulda joined the Chiss Jaina...

Excellent update YK

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I'm loving this story and your characterization of Jaina. Sad she didn't marry Jag being the J/J kind of gal that I am, but then we wouldn't have this story now would we. Keep up the fine work.

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Yoda: o_O :D

This is very different... [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

It's also very good! :D :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

6. kellaina

kellaina Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2004
    Interesting... I loved the Sovel part - it's intriguing even outside the context of the 'fic. The characterization of Jaina is great - accepting her fate but still not bitter. Great work!

7. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Wonderful post. Like someone else said, I really like the way you chractarize Jaina. It seems to fit very well. :)

8. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    gah, I must know what treachery the Chiss hath commited! ...Jaina should have joined the Chiss...plain and simple.

Then, she should've had Luke put a Jedi Academy there...and then slooowly...she could TAKE OVER THE GALAXY...*take breath here* using the Chiss and Jedi as her pawns.

Madness I say.

But I definately like this post. And yet...we still don't know what the Goddess is hunting now do we? Nor do we know too much else for that matter...other then she apparently loved Jag, but doesn't anymore...but then changes her mind again at the end of the post? hehe. I really like that Savel crap...it was interesting. "if he were here I'd spit in his face"...that's tight. ;)

Okay so yeah...I'm totally like trippin on life right now...but it could be the cold meds too... ^_^

Can't wait for the next cliffhanger...I mean post :D This fic is hella sweet.

-Lee Ann

9. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Be sure to file it under "c" for cruel

*writes that down on a piece of paper, then files it away under "c"* Good advice that. I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

I don't normally give hints and when I do they're intentionally misleading (you can ask others ), so you should be glad I'm not doing that

Yes, I'm terribly glad. Otherwise I might just have had to stick a lightsaber through you if I found out I was entirely off the mark.

Hoping for a new post tomorrow, but I haven't even started working on it and I'm not sure what I'm going to write about yet

I was waiting for it, but it came when I was out. I had been hoping to snag the first post, but I guess the sixth has to suffice.

It's been more than a day now that I've been stuck here. Realizing that this will probably be my final resting place, that there will be no getting off of this rock that might best be described as the galaxy's armpit, is nearly as depressing as the traditional thoughts one gets when considering their own mortality. To think that this is where it will all end seems so inappropriate it boarders of perversion.

This whole paragraph is excellent. I think it aptly describes the sort of mind set a person who knows their going to die is in. They're depressed about dying, and concerned about where they're dying and how they're dying, then they're ashamed about thinking such thoughts.

or blasted in a hail of green clawcraft fire like Lowie did...

*bursts into tears* LOWIE! That is so not fair! I always thought he would die a heroic death like Chewie. But just being blasted out of space like that? That's horrid!

Someone might look at my actions, at the choices I seem to have made, and say that I must be very brave to have done so many noble things and all? but what else was I going to do? There was never a day where I decided to be a Jedi. When your uncle is the Jedi Master and your siblings are two of the strongest Force-users to ever grace this galaxy, that decision is as made as any could be.

The whole Sovel part is very Jacen-like, but it works nicely here with Jaina. After all, it is part of that whole, self-evaluation bit a person goes through before they die. But this is a particuarly interesting piece. It is actually right. Did Jaina really have any choice about her fame? Not really.

Ever awaitaing the next post.

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spike: Shoulda joined the Chiss Jaina...

:p I can't believe there are Chiss sympathizers here!

Excellent update YK

Thank you :D

Fatty: I'm loving this story and your characterization of Jaina.

Sad she didn't marry Jag being the J/J kind of gal that I am, but then we wouldn't have this story now would we.

It didn't actually say that she never married Jag :p Just that she didn't join the Chiss or go to Csilla ;)

Keep up the fine work.

Thanks again :D

Thrawn: This is very different...
    It's also very good!

Just as long as it's different :p and thanks :D

Kellaina: Interesting... I loved the Sovel part - it's intriguing even outside the context of the 'fic.

Thanks, I'm glad to here that. I'll have to start a new fic: "The Collective Works of Nieus P. Sovel" :p

The characterization of Jaina is great - accepting her fate but still not bitter. Great work!

I think she is bitter, but maybe not about dying ;) ANd thanks again :D

owensby: Wonderful post. Like someone else said, I really like the way you chractarize Jaina. It seems to fit very well.

Glad to hear that people think I'm getting her right :) and Thanks :)

ChissGoddess: I don't even know where to begin with your reply :p

gah, I must know what treachery the Chiss hath commited! ...Jaina should have joined the Chiss...plain and simple.

You should talk to Spike o_O

Then, she should've had Luke put a Jedi Academy there...and then slooowly...she could TAKE OVER THE GALAXY...*take breath here* using the Chiss and Jedi as her pawns.
    Madness I say.

It's a good plan [face_thinking]

But I definately like this post. And yet...we still don't know what the Goddess is hunting now do we? Nor do we know too much else for that matter...other then she apparently loved Jag, but doesn't anymore...but then changes her mind again at the end of the post? hehe.

She's complex ;) As for what she's hunting and what the Chiss have done, it will be slowly revealed :D

I really like that Savel crap...it was interesting. "if he were here I'd spit in his face"...that's tight.

:p

Okay so yeah...I'm totally like trippin on life right now...but it could be the cold meds too... ^_^

I think you're a good :p Stay away from heavy machinery for awhile, okay?

Can't wait for the next cliffhanger...I mean post This fic is hella sweet.

sporky: Yes, I'm terribly glad. Otherwise I might just have had to stick a lightsaber through you if I found out I was entirely off the mark.

:eek:

The kid who's taking fencing is threatening to stab me [face_worried]

I was waiting for it, but it came when I was out. I had been hoping to snag the first post, but I guess the sixth has to suffice.

I didn't start working on it till about 4 and had it up a little after 6. I love this fic, it's so easy to write :p

This whole paragraph is excellent. I think it aptly describes the sort of mind set a person who knows their going to die is in. They're depressed about dying, and concerned about where they're dying and how they're dying, then they're ashamed about thinking such thoughts.

Yeah, I like the shame part, good point.

*bursts into tears* LOWIE! That is so not fair! I always thought he would die a heroic death like Chewie. But just being blasted out of space like that? That's horrid!

You don't have all the details yet ;)

The whole Sovel part is very Jacen-like, but it works nicely here with Jaina.

Jacen-like? How so? I don't think I'd considered that [face_thinking]

After all, it is part of that whole, self-evaluation bit a person goes through before they die. But this is a particuarly interesting piece. It is actually right. Did Jaina really have any choice about her fame? Not really.

Yup :)

Ever aw

11. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Y'know, it would be interesting to see a compilation of Sovel's works. He sounds like a very interesting philosopher.

The kid who's taking fencing is threatening to stab me

You don't have to worry YodaKenobi, I'm not starting until next year. And anyways...I would never hurt a fly! Okay...well maybe I would if it got in the way.

I didn't start working on it till about 4 and had it up a little after 6. I love this fic, it's so easy to write

In the morning or evening? I was out in the morning 'cause the sibling had a dentist appointment to get on her bottom braces. She now has a full set of them, and looks so much like a teenager, it's scary. And then after, I went to a concert. Didn't get back till 11, but it was fun.

That's a great thing that. Writing should be fun, and is all the more enjoyable when it is.

You don't have all the details yet

But still! It's Lowie we're talking about! One of our only links back to Chewbacca. *thoughtfully* Hold it...didn't he and Waroo take on Chewie's debt to Han after TUF?

Jacen-like? How so? I don't think I'd considered tha

Er...I think it's because Jacen is really portrayed as the philosophical one. I just don't see Jaina deliberating over what choices to make. She just does whatever she thinks is right, without causing too much damage to passersby.

I'll try not to make you wait to long. Thanks for reading

Thanks! No problem.

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spork: Y'know, it would be interesting to see a compilation of Sovel's works. He sounds like a very interesting philosopher.

Yeah, ironically, Sovel's Choices and Sentient Existence was quickly followed by his less popular book, Please Don't Spit On Me.

You don't have to worry YodaKenobi, I'm not starting until next year. And anyways...I would never hurt a fly! Okay...well maybe I would if it got in the way.

Well, at least I have some time now :p

In the morning or evening? I was out in the morning 'cause the sibling had a dentist appointment to get on her bottom braces. She now has a full set of them, and looks so much like a teenager, it's scary. And then after, I went to a concert. Didn't get back till 11, but it was fun.

Aww, poor kid :p Yeah, I started at 4pm and was done with it in about 30 minutes, then went to store, came back, spell checked and posted. Easy! :p

What concert did you go to?

That's a great thing that. Writing should be fun, and is all the more enjoyable when it is.

Yups :)

But still! It's Lowie we're talking about! One of our only links back to Chewbacca. *thoughtfully* Hold it...didn't he and Waroo take on Chewie's debt to Han after TUF?

Well, they were supposed to ;)

Er...I think it's because Jacen is really portrayed as the philosophical one. I just don't see Jaina deliberating over what choices to make. She just does whatever she thinks is right, without causing too much damage to passersby.

Oh, I see. Very true, excellent point =D=

13. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Nice post. It just gets better and better.

14. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, ironically, Sovel's Choices and Sentient Existence was quickly followed by his less popular book, Please Don't Spit On Me.

*snickers* That's a lovely title. I guess the second book was writen after reading Jaina's er...documentation of her opinion of his works.

Well, at least I have some time now

And a little more than some. It's gonna take a few months probably before I become confident enough to actually use anything. On the other hand, being able to know what it feels like to do some of the moves you see in the movie will be fun.

Aww, poor kid Yeah, I started at 4pm and was done with it in about 30 minutes, then went to store, came back, spell checked and posted. Easy!

What concert did you go to?[

*shrugs* Her teeth hurt more when she got her top ones on. But I wouldn't feel too sorry for her.

Wow...that's good! It takes me more ethan thirty minutes sometimes to get out a paragraph. And don't get me started on literary responses in class. I never finish those in the 45 minutes we're given.

It wasn't for any major thing. My school was doing something, and my friend was in it so I went to see her.

Well, they were supposed to

Now I'm more worried than ever! Han's going to be added to my watched character's list. Meep! *grins* Can't wait to see them in episode 3 though...

Oh, I see. Very true, excellent point

*bows* Thank'ee kindly. I think when I was writing that it sounded all jumbled and nonsensical to me, but I'm glad you understood it.

Edit: I was rereading this line: "Every being can have nice and noble thoughts," he said. "Yet so many do wicked things."

"Choices have substance," he argued, "and can even be measured as height and weight are."
    and now I think you were channeling Ani during all three prequels. Dude.

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Jaina still refuses to marry Jag? Oh well, I'm not thatmuch of a Jaina/anyone shipper.

16. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Reva: Nice post. It just gets better and better.

Spork: *snickers* That's a lovely title. I guess the second book was writen after reading Jaina's er...documentation of her opinion of his works.

That, or a lot of people felt the same way Jaina did about his other book and he got tired of carrying an umbrella or wearing a faceguard :p

And a little more than some. It's gonna take a few months probably before I become confident enough to actually use anything. On the other hand, being able to know what it feels like to do some of the moves you see in the movie will be fun.

Yeah, Dooku kind of fences, doesn't he?

Wow...that's good! It takes me more ethan thirty minutes sometimes to get out a paragraph. And don't get me started on literary responses in class. I never finish those in the 45 minutes we're given.

Yeah, my other writing takes a lot longer. This one is just easy.

It wasn't for any major thing. My school was doing something, and my friend was in it so I went to see her.

Ahh :p

Now I'm more worried than ever! Han's going to be added to my watched character's list. Meep! *grins* Can't wait to see them in episode 3 though...

I don't think we can talk about that here [face_laugh]

Edit: I was rereading this line: "Every being can have nice and noble thoughts," he said. "Yet so many do wicked things."
    "Choices have substance," he argued, "and can even be measured as height and weight are." and now I think you were channeling Ani during all three prequels. Dude.

I'm not seeing the connection again, but I'm sure there's a good one :p *is oblivious*

Sil: Jaina still refuses to marry Jag? Oh well, I'm not thatmuch of a Jaina/anyone shipper.

Well, she didn't actually say she refused to marry him years later, just that she never joined the Chiss or went to Csilla ;) and thanks for reading, Sil :)

17. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    That, or a lot of people felt the same way Jaina did about his other book and he got tired of carrying an umbrella or wearing a faceguard

Probably did. Though I don't think an umbrella would've been much help.

Yeah, Dooku kind of fences, doesn't he?

I dunno. I guess I'll have to rewatch AOTC to decide. But Yoda was cool with all those flips and jumps. I watched it in the movies, and the whole audience gasped at that part.

I don't think we can talk about that here

I guess not, but Chewie is in all the comercials.

I'm not seeing the connection again, but I'm sure there's a good one *is oblivious*

Read the book of RoTS and you'll see what I mean.

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Spork: Probably did. Though I don't think an umbrella would've been much help.

Well, you could use it as a shield and it could protect you from people spitting off of buildings at you [face_thinking]

I dunno. I guess I'll have to rewatch AOTC to decide. But Yoda was cool with all those flips and jumps. I watched it in the movies, and the whole audience gasped at that part.

Everyone in the theatre laughed, myself included :p but I enjoyed it.

I guess not, but Chewie is in all the comercials.

Yeah, but we're not allowed to discuss the commercials ;)

Read the book of RoTS and you'll see what I mean.

I'll start it May 19th after I see ROTS ;) I'm spoiler free :D

Hey, everyone! thesporkbewithyou is now my padawan, so be extra nice to her and read her fics :D :)

Oh, and I'll try and come up with something for this fic tomorrow [face_thinking]

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    =D= I'm having so much fun!

This really is brilliantly written. I'm enjoying so much getting in Jaina's head and the tantilizing bits of information you keep dropping. I want to scream "What's happening?" but that would ruin the whole build-up thing which I'm enjoying way too much.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Very nicely done, Yoda !

The planet is known mostly by its Imperial survey number, THX-1138-42-07,

;) Nice little touch!

You're doing a nice job of being in Jaina's head...that would be a scary thought for many a brave man in GFFA! 8-}

Sorry I've been gone so long...I forgot to add this one to my cheat sheet. [face_blush]

21. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    great post!! cant wait for more!!

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Jedi_Jaina_Durron: I'm having so much fun!

That's good to hear :D

This really is brilliantly written. I'm enjoying so much getting in Jaina's head and the tantilizing bits of information you keep dropping. I want to scream "What's happening?" but that would ruin the whole build-up thing which I'm enjoying way too much.

Yeah, it might be a little more frustrating than a linear story, but I hope it will be satisfying when it all comes to light :)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Nope ;) I'm going to try and write something before I go to bed and post it tomorrow :) Thanks for reading and your comments :D

TSF: Very nicely done, Yoda !

Nice little touch!

Hehehe :p

You're doing a nice job of being in Jaina's head...that would be a scary thought for many a brave man in GFFA!

It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it :p

Sorry I've been gone so long...I forgot to add this one to my cheat sheet.

That's alright ;) [:D] Thanks for reading :D

TS: great post!! cant wait for more!!

Thankies! :D More tomorrow (I hope!) :)

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 3: In Which Jaina Tells You Who To Blame and Pauses For Your Reaction

In every great catastrophe, natural or otherwise, there comes a point where sentient nature changes from blaming the aggressors, to blaming the victims? the point at which the Holo journalists collectively scream, "we should have known!"

And we have reached that point more than once during the coarse of the Chiss War, when the people begin to wonder if their leaders have failed them. The media has put forth many theories, from documents about armament deals between SoroSuub and the Chiss that went unnoticed by Intelligence Director Ayddar Nylykerka, to former Director Dif Scaur's connections with the enemy, to Sien Sovv's mistakes at Graviss 7. Some gossip news's static has even suggested that I was involved somehow, because of my relationship with Jag.

Give credit where credit is due? most people don't believe it. Most people think the Chiss attacked us, tricked us, without any warning. An unwarranted act to wipe out the GFFA. Unfortunately, most people are wrong. As an insider into all of these things, though, I can assure you that the media is dead wrong as well? Surprise! Surprise!

The Chiss' trap was as unexpected and unpredictable as any could be. I've gone over it a million times in my head, wondering if someone should have seen it coming? as near as I can tell, there are only two people who should have known. Two people who history can look at on our side of this tragedy and point its crooked finger, yelling, "It's all your fault!"

I happen to be related to both of them, but then again, my family seems to be wound into almost everything, doesn't it?

Who are these mystery incompetents who committed such treasonous negligence against our grand government?

Why, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker, of course.

I'll pause here for a second to give you a chance to get over the shock that my uncle isn't perfect and that he might give a threat like the Chiss time to materialize and grow before taking any action...

How and when did this act of naïveté occur? About fourteen years ago on the Chaf Envoy when my aunt and uncle were invited by a Chiss diplomat to join them on a mission to examine the recently discovered wreckage of the Outbound Flight? which, of course, had been destroyed by Grand Admiral Thrawn decades earlier. He was a Chiss too? go figure.

The diplomat in question was a pudgy little Aristocra who went by Formbi. Long story short, the entire mission was actually an elaborate scheme by Formbi to get a race of slavers and pirates known as the Vagaari to attack them. The Chiss are strong believers that it is dishonorable to fire the first shot, you see, and will go to extraordinary lengths to hold true to their policy of non-aggression.

I will pause again here for your sidesplitting laughter...

Anyhow, with the Vagaari now having taken the bait and attacked first, the Chiss were free to hunt them down and utterly wipe them out with a clear conscience? which they did.

Luke and Mara knew of this, saw it happen on the Chaf Envoy. They got a glimpse into the Chiss' treachery, a warning of what would happen at Graviss 7, and did nothing? the Vagaari were the enemy after all.

Ho-hum, ho-hum.

In retrospect, it should have been obvious what would happen, shouldn't it?

So there you are. History can have its scapegoats now? my dear aunt and uncle.

24. c_owensby

c_owensby Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hmm, that's interesting. I just finished reading Survivor's Quest not long ago. Interesting way to work it into the story.

25. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Well, you could use it as a shield and it could protect you from people spitting off of buildings at you

Hm...I guess so. But what happens if the spit is from someone on the top story of a building? Wouldn't it just burn a hole through the umbrella? And what if the spit is acidic?

*claims second post* Whoopdeedoo! I'm getting closer to first here!

In every great catastrophe, natural or otherwise, there comes a point where sentient nature changes from blaming the aggressors, to blaming the victims? the point at which the Holo journalists collectively scream, "we should have known!"

Are we channeling certain, recent real-life wars here? But even if you're not, that is so totally ralistically true.

And we have reached that point more than once during the coarse of the Chiss War, when the people begin to wonder if their leaders have failed them. The media has put forth many theories, from documents about armament deals between SoroSuub and the Chiss that went unnoticed by Intelligence Director Ayddar Nylykerka, to former Director Dif Scaur's connections with the enemy, to Sien Sovv's mistakes at Graviss 7. Some gossip news's static has even suggested that I was involved somehow, because of my relationship with Jag.

*blinks* But why should a GFFA Intelligence Director care about armament deals between those two? It has nothing to do with the GFFA! But I'm glad Dif Scaur ain't with Intel anymore. He was -is- a royal pain in the Hutt, and a real screw up.

As for Jaina being somehow involved...*drips sarcasm* You don't think?

I happen to be related to both of them, but then again, my family seems to be wound into almost everything, doesn't it?

And this goes right back to the point about Jaina not having had any choice about being a hero, or in the spotlight from birth. Very nicely done.

Why, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker, of course.

I'll pause here for a second to give you a chance to get over the shock that my uncle isn't perfect and that he might give a threat like the Chiss time to materialize and grow before taking any action...

*mouth drops open* Mara and Luke? Cause that much trouble? Force, that's scary!

*more sarcasm* Luke? Not perfect? And here I was thinking he was the most perfect person in the galaxy!

I will pause again here for your sidesplitting laughter...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ...er...The bad type of laughter. Not the funny joke type. Oh boy. Now I really hate the Chiss *hisses*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.