main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I Knew I Loved You. L/M. 07-26, complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 18, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart/J_e ;) Disclaimer: Borrowing L/M, and Callista. :rolleyes:
    AN: Mara/Luke have been married 10 years, very much in sync with JL's Elusive Bliss timeframe. :cool:

AN#2: A fic-gift for Briannakin @};- [:D]

~~~~

Callista's space yacht had been attacked by pirates. She had suffered various injuries, but the worst of these was not revealed until she awoke. She had amnesia, and the healers didn't know if it was permanent or temporary. The last thing she recalled was arriving on Yavin IV with Luke. So, she was very surprised to find herself, therefore, on Coruscant, and that Luke was not in fact hovering at her bedside.

Luke and Mara were visiting the Solos, as it happened, since it was Han's and Leia's anniversary. The medics paged Luke and said a woman named Callie kept asking for him. Callie? Luke wondered. Nah! It could not be! When he asked if the stranger had asked for Mara, since she was his wife, they told him no. Luke was baffled. Mara was curious.

"You'd better go, love. See what it's all about."

Luke frowned. "Better not be some gossip hound or some Jedi groupie."

Mara laughed. "Let's hope not!"

He kissed her. "I'll be back soon, love." He promised.

Luke was in for a shocker!!

+++

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] TBC ...

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, that is a new twist on the amnesia fanfic. Lol!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Well this should be interesting lol. Thanks gal. Yes, I am using my cellphone data for this

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That looks like a fun start. :p
    Can't wait to see where you take it.

5. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Very cool, I'm looking forward to seeing this story grow. :)

6. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Wheee! New LM story! There are never enough of them![face_love]

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Oh my...

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks very much to Briannakin Hazel

newdawn12

Jedi_Lover

DaenaBenjen42 and Demendora -- @};- [:D] !!

That was a fun little twisty of a start LOL

~~~~~
    Two

When Luke strode into the med-ward room, and he gazed upon the visage of the lady recumbent in the bed, he gasped. "Callista?!"

"Luke!" She exclaimed, exuberantly. "I know you're shocked to see me like this, but ..."

"I'm shocked to see you at all!" He replied. "How ... when ..."

She smiled. "I scarcely know myself. Why I'm not on Yavin ..."

He made his way to her bedside, after feeling frozen in place by the surprise of seeing her.

"You haven't been on Yavin in ... a very long time." Luke answered, shocked. "Callista," He asked suddenly, feeling a Force nudge, "What is the last thing you remember?"

When she told him, he gasped. That was ... !

He knew it was advised at times not to counter an amnesiac's idea of current reality too abruptly, but he didn't want to lead Callista on either.

Callista knew from the medics that she had some gaps in memory, just how long of an interval ...

Luke explained that she had actually left, and why, and how.

Her eyes brimmed with remorse.

Suddenly, her eyes fell on the ring he wore, and she said: "If I needed tangible proof ... I have it now." She took a deep breath. "Who is she?"

Luke now told her that at some later point, he had begun a relationship with Mara, as the two of them had always been close, felt a connection.

Callista felt as if her world were collapsing and spinning out from under her feet, although she tried to keep composed.

Luke noticed her confoundment and said gently and sympathetically: "I've put a lot on you. I'm sorry, but you ..."

"...had to know at least that much." She finished for him. "From what you tell me, I'm the one who owes you an apology for leaving the way I did."

"It was something you needed to do." He answered. He had made his peace with her choice, and even with how she'd carried it out, a long time ago.

"You are still the most forgiving soul I know." She smiled.

Luke left her, his mind full of the post-Callista time.

Mara had come in the immediate aftermath to "talk" some sense into him, in her own inimitable way. He could sense under the snark that she really cared.

They commed each other often over the next six months, and she came by just to "make sure you're not becoming a self-absorbed recluse." [face_laugh]
    The more time they spent together, the more the latent attraction between them blossomed, until one night, he had kissed her after dinner, and that had led to a spontaneous, mind-and-heart-boggling Force encounter, mentally and physically.

He had to admit that the Force certainly enhanced things in a beautiful, spectacular fashion. [face_mischief] [face_dancing]

Now, when Luke returned to Mara, she noticed his abstraction.

He told her everything; they had no secrets, of course.

Mara naturally was as shocked as Luke. She didn't hedge, but got straight to the point.

Mara asked: "Don't tell me the idea of something like this never occurred to you?"

He considered it. "No. Even in the earliest days after she left, I never imagined. And the time for me wanting such a thing has last since disappeared into the vacuum of space."

"It better have." Mara shot back, winking.

He kissed her, long and slowly, even including her freckles. [face_laugh]

[face_love]

+++

TBC

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Time has come to stop using faces in the narrative, dearest Jade_eyes... You're relying on 'em too much and it's distracting. [/beta]

And Callista... I don't blame Luke for not even considering she'd come back after she left him. She made her choice to walk away.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You snooze you lose, Callista! Maybe you can meet a nice doctor while at the medward. [face_laugh]

Lady_Misty and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Nah! Nice medical droid is more likely. :D I mean, all those computers she has been around...you know))

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Man, this has to be awkward for Luke to be married to Mara and Callista is at a loss. Last thing she remembers was that they were together and now they aren't even an item.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Bahahaaha. Callista is found having a torrid affair with 2-1B. She was caught in the act booting up his hard drive as she murmured, "Oh your exterior metal casing is so hard. Probe me with your injector appendage you nasty boy!"

Gemma, Demendora and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm enjoying your new story a lot.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    BAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS is how this fic should end. Great job.

Nyota's Heart and Demendora like this.
  16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    interesting start, more soon?

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Well ,this has to be confusing for Callista. I really like the way Luke is handling it. :)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks very much to:

Briannakin Hazel

Lady_Misty JediFalcon

newdawn12 Jedi_Lover

DaenaBenjen42 and Demendora --

@};- :D

~~~~~

Three

What followed might seem anticlimactic, but after their vacation and family visit, Luke and Mara had no reason to stay. They had pressing mission schedules, since they were on the instructional rotation for the mobile praxeum, which they had started years ago. It was a nice change mentoring students while visiting interesting places, very much hands-on style.

Luke did check in on Callista, as a matter of compassion or altruism. Eventually, he heard her memory did return in pieces until it had all finally returned, though this took a bit of time.

Meanwhile, Mirax Horn teased Mara about the resurfacing of Callista and Luke's periodic call-ins.

"Doesn't it make you just the tiniest bit irritated, Mar?"

Mara laughed. "She's so ancient history, Mirax, and I'm not even sure she ever was relevant even when she was with Luke officially."

Mirax twinkled. "You certainly chased her out of his mind after your first time together, I'll wager."

"You'd win that one, my friend." Mara said proudly.

Mirax leaned closer. "Truth be told, you were never far from Luke's mind even back in the early days. Corran could tell; he's a guy and Cor'Sec-trained. Luke probably didn't know he was caught up in you, then."

Mara smiled. "Oh, if I'd only known. The fun we could have had."

"I can't say you're wasting much time." Mirax winked.

They laughed. "No, we try not to."

When Luke and Mara were alone on a tropical world, away from the students, they took a stroll down a beach with golden sands.

"I knew I loved you ... do you want to know when?"

"Sure."

"Back on the Wild Karrde. When I saw you that first time, I think it started then, but then everything crowded it out. But that's really, truly when it started."

She smirked. "I certainly wasn't ready for that then."

"I know, not for a long time after. But I'm glad we ended up together, anyway."

She kissed him under the triple moons.
    "I knew I loved you when you came back with Callista." She sighed. "I was too ripped when I saw you together, for it to be anything else but unmitigated jealousy."

He laughed. "She never made the Force sing for me Mara, love. Not like you."

"That's because she couldn't touch it." Mara replied.

"I have a feeling that even if she could have, you'd still be the only one who could then and still do." Luke answered, warmly.

Luke meant it in all the facets of their relationship, and it made her happy to hear.
    Mara's tummy melted. It was always a grand thing to hear that your life-mate thought you were the best lover he could have, or had ever, had.

They found a secluded cove, and proceeded to make the Force sing a triumphant chorus.

Fini

+++

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Yes indeedy it did. [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Great finish :D

20. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    You now and then hear that if a woman is jealous because her man is looking at other women it's a good sign but the same can be said if she isn't. It shows that she is secure in the fact that he loves her and only her. Mara fits in the last group she trusts that Luke loves her and wouldn't betray her.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was wonderful! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nicely done!

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great finish and loved the ending [face_love]

24. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Great Story :)

25. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    How on earth did I miss this....it's so sweet.