main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay I'm stealing this idea from another forum. Sometimes we just have something to share that doesn't need it's own thread or a random thought (I have lots of those) or something that doesn't fit in anywhere else or something non Star Wars related.

So I'll start...

I know this is off topic but I bought a 2012 Nissan Murano to replace my totaled Escape. It's a 2012 but it's new...showroom floor model, only 4 miles on it...but I got a good deal because it's last year's model. I don't know if I love it but I'm satisfied (so far) with it.

IKTIOT but Mrs. jedimika and I ate at the yummiest place on Friday night before gaming. It's adjacent to the Stoneybrook shopping center. Great, creative food in a somewhat casual atmosphere. "Mussel and Burger Bar". There's a good review here...
    http://louisville.metromix.com/rest...view/review-mussel-and-burger/3408356/content

They open for dinner at 5PM, we got there about 5:30 but when we left at 6:30 they were lined up outside the door waiting. So get there early!

2. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Well now, this is an O.K. subject for us. Food is what's on the menu, and thank you Mika for the tip. Maybe we can try it out for an LGA Meet and Eat night. [face_batting]

Also, I'm happy to hear you have yourself a new ride. Maybe the Force worked in a somewhat unusual way to spur you to get that new ride. Can't wait to see it. And by the way, Appo and I went and procured us a new Star Destroyer. We dubbed it the SSD Tucks. ]-}

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    SSD Tucks? Like the hemeriod whipes?
    or
    You mean you all got a new pick up?

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Groan....=D=

5. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh muh gerds!!!! :cool: I meant the SSD TUX! ... runs away!! :p

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I will get a dog, just to make it a Tauntaun.

Fan-made audio drama. Doesn't sound like it would be very good-- but you all need to check out Star Wars In The Shadows
    http://www.starwarsfanworks.com/dramas.html
    Dani Pepin just does such a great job, a lot better then some of the licensed Audio Dramas (excluding Brian Daley of course).
    She has also done a Republic Commando one, I just haven't heard it yet.

So, while her stuff is fan-made, and thus non-canon; she does follow continuity very well.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's on iTunes so I was able to download it from there and give part 1 a listen on a long car trip I had this weekend. Pretty good stuff, I'll definately be listening to the rest of it. Thanks for the recommendation.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but...

I saw a commercial that Mark Hamill will be a guest star on tonight's season finale of "Criminal Minds". This isn't a show I normally watch but I'm going to DVR it.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Is he going to play the Joker?

11. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    :eek: No way! I just saw him on an episode of The Outer Limits this morning on Chiller(scary good)! He was a scientist and his CAVE fell in love with him. :p

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That would have been cool but no he just played the psycho du jour. Not worth sitting through 2 hours of a procedural cop drama.

13. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Mark definitely has a thing for caves. [face_batting] Or at least the writers think he does. [face_laugh]

11-11 likes this.
  14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Finished this up this weekend on a road trip. Pretty good quality, a little derivative but a nice twist at the end. Thanks for the recommendation.

15. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
  16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Nifty!

17. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Hahahaha.[face_rofl] You are so right!!!

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Wow, thanks for that-- but wow. This thing is going to be a big mess untill all the bridges are up. I know I am never on time for anything, but a lot of that is due to the bridges-- I think I just need to buy a speeder bike.

\Why are they not building the East end bridge first? That way downtown isn't messed up, and when they do work on down town we will have an alternative bridge. I blame Indiana.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but Pacific Rim is my favorite movie of the Summer. Yes, I liked it better than Superman. Good story blended well with big action sequences and quiet moments. There's more humor in it than I would have thought as well. Emotional without being too grim or emo. Family and sacrifice play big parts and there are big colorful personalities. After seeing this I think they should give Guillermo del Toro a crack at a Star Wars movie, I thought it was a better movie than JJ's Star Trek.

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You know, I saw the trailers and though "meh. I might download this later, but I'm not paying to see it" but with all the positive press it has been getting, I might have to go see this. And then this-- if Mika liked it, it must be good. :)

22. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Off Off Off Topic:
    (sorry)
    I need money.
    Now, I am pretty sure the TFN boards have a rule against using the boards to sell stuff-- and that is not what I am asking.

What I am asking is: where, how, or what, is the best way to sell Star Wars comics? I have all of them, and I would like to sell them (except my Marvels).

I've also got some MOC convention exclusive figs I think I could part with too. Other than E-bay, is there a good place for those?

What about the WOTC miniatures?

Best,
    Jammies

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    WOTC minis...when I wanted specific minis (without getting random packs) I always used "Popular Collections". http://www.popularcollections.com/ They'll also buy your minis from you. I've had friends use this but I'm not sure how easy it is or how much you get but they seemed pretty happy with it. Another one is Miniature Market http://www.miniaturemarket.com/

Your MOC Con exclusive figs I would probably try Brian's Toys http://www.brianstoys.com/ I've bought stuff from them but they'll also buy your collectables. http://www.brianstoys.com/custom.aspx?id=2

Comics are tough. Most comic shops will look at your collection and just want to cherry pick out the good stuff/want they want/need and leave you with an incomplete collection. I've never used an online comic shop but they might be an option to look into.

You might check in on the Kentucky Star Wars Collecting Club. They might allow sales on their forums. I know they usually have a Fall Festival/Swap meet where they sell a lot of stuff. I've been to it once but everytime since then I've had to work on whatever weekend they were holding it. If nothing else they might be able to give you some good selling tips/sites. http://kswcc.com/home/

Yeah, gonna see it again this week with the wife. Do yourself a favor and see it on the big screen, it is MADE for it.

Pacific Rim Rotten Tomatoes 71% positive...$37.3M this weekend
    Grown Ups 2 Rotten Tomatoes 7% positive...$41.5M this weekend

Sigh...just no accounting for taste...

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but last year when they announced Celebration Europe2 I was like “meh” but since then I kind of wish I had made plans to go. Since then we’ve had Kathleen Kennedy take over Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm being sold to Disney, 3D releases of AOTC and ROTS “postponed”, new Star Wars movies announced, the Clone Wars canceled, Lucas Arts closed, a new Star Wars video game deal with EA announced and a new Star Wars cartoon announced. It’s been a very interesting year and CE2 looks like it’s shaping up to be a good time. We have Kathleen Kennedy making her first appearance at a Celebration, they’re showing the 3D AOTC we didn’t get to see in the states, a sneak peek (presumably) at the new cartoon “Rebels”, (hopefully) EP7 announcements, there’s going to be a “Cantina Crawl” (oh, those GermansJ) and the usual fun stuff like vendors, displays, an art show, a Star Wars tattoo pavilion and costume contests.

I’m hoping they’ll announce Celebration 7 at the end of CE2 but we’ll see. I’m hoping it will be in Orlando again but there is the possibility (in my mind) that it could be on the west coast, perhaps Anaheim where Disney has their “Disney Celebration” (D23 Expo).

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008