main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Happy 40th anniversary Star Wars!!
    Let's all promise to be here for the 50th.

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    The Force is with me, I am one with the Force, I will be here for the 50th.

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  4. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah that’s pretty cool, hope to do that someday now that they’ve added a Star Wars flavor to the cruises. I never would have guessed I would have become such a consumer of Disney even after the sale. But they sucked me in with Star Wars Disney runs and Adventures by Disney trips to Lucasfilm. Soon (next couple of years) I’ll be hitting their expanded Star Wars areas in the parks. Star Wars just makes everything better.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but with the announcement at D23 that they're going to have a Star Wars themed resort at Walt Disney World I went ahead and applied for a Disney Rewards credit card. I figure by the time the resort opens I'll have enough Disney points to catch a break on the cost.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    There's a new con coming to town. "Days of the Dead" Sept 1-3. Looks like mainly a horror con. No big Star Wars connection yet but it sometimes there's some crossover. Bai Ling is listed as a guest and she was in a deleted scene in ROTS so it may pay to keep an eye on the guest list.
    http://www.daysofthedead.net/louisville/

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Was the Bai Ling scene ever on DVD ?

As I recall, she was stripped (pun intended) after doing a nude for Playboy with a star wars theme.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, R.I.P. eu character who was also on film. We loved you in the X-Wing series of comics and novels.

(Maybe a Spoiler, if you haven't seen Empire Strikes Back)

Since the legends announcement we knew the star wars universe would look a lot different, but new Rouge Squadron adventures were always a possibility. And a lot of us who have read the Empire Strikes Back novelization, or the radio drama, or the Making Of type books, knows that there was intended to be a scene where Hobbie takes an ATAT hit and crashes his speeder in the walker's face. There is even a "I'm not really dead!" joke in one of Aaron Allston's books. After reading through a newly published book today, I think fans of Hobbie can give up hope of any X-wing stories with our favorite squadron cut up.

The NU cannon is placing G-level ideas at the top of the story pyramid, and that includes the snowy but fiery death of Hobbie. He is eulogized in the new jason fry picture book on warfare. Deleted scenes are cannon (unless they are not: looking at your Shak Ti), and so is the off screen death of Rouge Three (sometimes Two). Meanwhile, Wedge is changing his facebook status to "it's complicated" after falling for a married, but estranged, Y-wing pilot; and building a new squad out of wash outs called Ghost Squadron (the not-wraith squadron). We are getting X-Wing stories set in the ST: the Poe Dameron comic is very Black squadron heavy, and a new kids book series is too. Still, it is not (yet) the same humor as eu Hobbie.

Rest in pieces Bacta Breath.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    "Ghost Squadron"? sigh
    I've been meaning to take a look at that book, is it worth it? I'm running out of shelf space.
    Poor Hobbie

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  13. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    When we doing another meet and eat? Been a long time since I've seen any of you.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Would love to see you. It's been a while since a Meet and Eat or since we've had a big group together. 11-11 moved away, Relin lives across the bridge, Zan and Appo haven't been active in a while, Dar is up and down, and I know you were working 2nd/3rd for a while. Most times it's just me and Jammies. Maybe we could do it in conjunction with a book club? Discussion then go out to dinner. What's your schedule like these days? I could also reach out to Mindtwisty.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Book Club with Ribs? Love it! Miss you Vox.

16. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    I work M-F 0600-1400. Ribs, books, beer. Sounds fun.

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    There is an 0600?

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yes, this is Mark Hamill doing ALL the voices in this short.

19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    JLA Mark Hamill is pretty hunky looking. Almost as hunkey as 1990's POTF action figure Mark Hamill.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  21. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
  22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Nice! I like that it's an adult show. I've never been to either Bards Town or Kaiju. Are they good locations for a show and are they easy to find?

23. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I am not familiar with Kaiju/.The Bard's Town is not too hard to find but it is in the Highlands area so parking isn't always the best. I think it is a good location. The show is usually upstairs and there are plenty of tables instead of regular "play" seating. It is a small venue but I don't think there is really a bad seat. If I recall correctly, seating usually starts about half-an-hour before the show (first come, first served basis).

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I forgot to ask you the other night if you went to this Relin.

In line for TLJ I mentioned to Jammies that Dave School put together a "trailer" for THE Star Wars. Here it is.

25. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I did go to it. It was actually pretty funny although it did last closer to 2 hours (started a few minutes late and had a 15 minute intermission) than 90 minutes. The Bard's Town wasn't that hard to find and does have a big sign overhead and sits on a corner. I was also able to park in the lot in the back but I'm sure it being on Sunday helped.