main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    So, there is something that I think about from time to time. Mainly, I think about it when times get hard and the bills pile up and payday can't come fast enough. It's been about 5 years now since I first saw it, but I still think about it.

So. Here it is. I saw a gameshow once, I don't remember what it was called, but the contestants won 100 bucks for each correct answer in this particular lighting round. No real time limit, but if you made a wrong response you lost your turn. The question was to name as many DC villains as you can.

The guy that took first in that round won 500. Just five correct answers (spiderman is not a DC villian).

So, just to restate. They had to name as many DC villains as they could without giving a wrong answer; with no real time limit' for 100 dollars for each correct response.

Man. I think about that a lot. My Geek Points are all spent on the Warz, but I feel like I could buy a new truck just by sticking to the Batman franchise alone.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    As long as they don't ask me any current NBA NFL or MLB players. Sports are my dump stat.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It's always dangerous to dig too deep (just ask King Durin of Moria)

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Holy crap, this was an actual thing:

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That is a fever dream of some kind. It just gets weirder as it goes. They should have put the part at the end that explains everything at the beginning.

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Man-ye thanks my lord. Thoust yon Johnny Williams isith a mostith excellent bard. Ith.

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I got something to share, I finally found a podcast!!

www.blastpointspodcast.com

After the guys at RFR showed themselves to be hate mongers, oh about three years ago, I have been looking for a replacement. I love Jedi Journals, but I needed a podcast that talked about more then just the EU and was weekly not monthly. I also needed one that had high producton values. So many pods out there sound like they were recorded on a Nokia flip phone. In a tin can. In a rainstorm.

But not Blastpoints. They sound great, episodes hit weekly, they are upbeat and positives guys, best friends since childhood-- and they make me laugh a lot. Its what our pod would be like if we ever had a pod. I found them linked to JediNews while looking at comic reviews from my peers; it was an episode featuring a dramatic reading of the Ewok kids book: The Baby Ewoks' Picnic Surprise.

http://blastpointspodcast.com/2020/06/23/episode-223-ewok-storybook-audio-drama-theater/

I am going through the back catalogue of over 200 episodes now, and I am not disappointed! Good therapy in these Covid times! I haven't laughed as hard in recent memory as I did while listening to these guys review the 77 parody album Living In These Star Wars. (How have I never heard about this!)

Hope y'all like it too.
    MTFBWY
    Jammies

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    High praise from the Jammies means I'll be giving this a listen :D

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    it's good stuff.

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'd be interested to hear you (and anyone elses') thought on the pod.

I'd start with the Ewok Radio Drama and go from there.

:)

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looking at the Blastpoints podcast it looks like it's more history and cannon than news and opinion. I lived most of the history so I don't need a lot of review. I listened to the latest ep on the Power of the Force figures. Great sound quality (even the viewer call ins sounded good) and I really like their personalities. Good recommendation, I'll be listening to this on the regular...I'll just pick and choose depending on the subject of the 'cast.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    They're doing a whole month of Ewoks? Oh lordy.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well if I wouldn't have listened to the latest I wouldn't know of the existence of this gem...

They're growing on me.

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I know, right?!?
    I never heard of her before, but now I would watch Dorthee sing a router manuel. Oui oui.
    Blastpoints also learned me about 1978's Living In These Star Wars by the Rebel Force Band and now I play the album at least twice a day.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Stang. That quiz made me want to go home and rethink my life.
    32/50
    I got the Battle of Scarif star destroyer question wrong. Then got my legends/cannon mixed up.And apparently "that monkey man" "the weird guy" and "that pink chick" were not acceptable answers.

20. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I just saw the contest on the youtubes. Stang! The "name this random clone" round was pretty brutal.

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  23. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    It looks like we lost Jeremy Bulloch as well. Is 2020 over yet??

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Dang it, I was just thinking of him today as well since this BTS video was just released and you get a good look at him walking beside Lando.
    Celebrating 40 Years of Empire: Behind the Scenes - YouTube

He was so great with the fans at cons and always had a long line because he was so loved. Every time I saw him he was standing IN FRONT of his table to better interact and always dressed like a pro in khakis and a blue button down.

25. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    No spoilers but great season finale of the Mandolorian. Stay for the after credits!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk