main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
  2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I was on the fence about Wonderfest this year but it looks like Dr David Reynolds will be giving another presentation, this one on Indiana Jones so I may have to go.
    Facebook

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    On the fence about Wonderfest? Boss, I don't understand that sequence of words.. does not compute.. does not compute.. :)
    Wonderfest is my Christmas. If Christmass smelled like nerd armpit and resin dust (which, mine does).

So Jammies, I bet you are going to have a ton of kits for the Wonderfest contest this year, huh?
    Um. No. See, I have been opening up the boxes of my stash-- looking at the decals and details; starting assembly' planning how lighting would work; some priming' some pre shading' for every kit in my stash! Like, all of it (and it is a huge stash now). But, haven't finished anything yet.

I used to have anxiety that the pandemic would never end. Now I have anxiety that it will end before I get these X-wings done!

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I was waiting for Jammies to post but he's either still hung over from Wonderfest or he doesn't want to brag on himself but he took home a bronze and a silver this year! Out of around a THOUSAND entries. Not too shabby. Take a bow Jammies.

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  7. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    That's awesome. Congratulations Jammies

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks! I am pretty happy. That's my best haul yet, and my second Silver in a row.

Just to clarify: while I overheard the 1000 model comment, they must have included the non-contestable (I think I created a new word?) exhibit models and the judge's display models, as their were only like, 800 entries. But, still. 800.

I got a bronze for my Scariff Beach diorama, and a silver for an A-wing I did last fall for a friend I owed a favor to. I borrowed it at the last minute on Friday, after my planned second entry didn't pan out (still looking for those wingletts)... and I am glad I did!

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Don't call it a comeback? Looks like the Village 8 will be reopening. Thought they were gone for good. Thought Nortons? bought that whole area and their lease was up. Saw Nortons has taken the old Kmart up the road and turned it into a CPA labs so maybe they went another direction?

Village 8 Theatres

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Had a good time at Lexington Comic Con this weekend. Ran into Relin in line to see Ashley Eckstein. She's one of my big gets I've been trying for for years. She was so nice and being a Louisville native she was clearly happy with the Louisville Galactic Alliance patch I gave her. Shame I had to work this weekend and only could attend one day.

some bad news from this weekend...
    CharlieIntel on Twitter: "Last year, Tom Kane, voice actor behind Takeo Masaki, experienced a stroke. His daughter today posted an update on his Facebook saying he will not be voice acting again due to complications as a result of the stroke. We wish him well. ❤️ https://t.co/5UCiDNALBW" / Twitter

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Ugg. Poor Tom Kane.

I didn't know Ashley is from 'da ville! Cool.
    Y'all know how I get around celebs, when I met her at C6 I just babbled about her husbands, St. Louis Cardinal Shortstop "Sparky" Eckstein. I am so dumb.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh yeah, he was there with her! She even had her mom and dad with her. Dad went to UK. I had just been at the Slugger museum a couple of days before and saw David Eckstein's (bat) signature on their wall/hall of fame and took a snap of it I showed them. I don't know sports but I know his name.

15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I got a real phone this weekend. Just thought y'all should know. :)

16. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Welcome to the 21st century =D=

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Did y'alls ee where Marvel is doing a 1 shot comic next week for Life Day? Basicly a Han and Chewie Christmas Comic.

Swweeeettt!

18. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    But will Grandpa Chewie be in it??

19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh: I hope it has Itchy.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  22. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing Boss but didn't have the right words for it... it is too commercial.

Still want all the things though.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    IKTIOT but I miss the Star Wars Show with Andi and Anthony. I like Kristin and the Star Wars news well enough but I miss the longer format and wacky hijinks. I also miss seeing Pablo walking around with his coffee. I thought of him as I just received my Star Wars Life Day Starbucks coffee mug from Ebay. I'm sure he would have been walking around with one.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Best of luck (we're gonna need it) in 2022 gang.
    FYI Skywalker Winery has gotten their act together and is now shipping to Kentucky. I've waited years for this. I splurged and got a very nice bottle of sparkling wine with branded glasses in a nice collector's box. Even just the bottle itself is a work of art. Expensive but what the hell, I haven't taken any vacations in 2 years, I can treat me and the Mrs a little.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Same. Same. This week in star wars, or whatever, just isn't the same. I would guess that the alt right vitrial aimed at Andi Goots probably helped to change the format of the show. Sigh.

Did you try the wine yet? If so, what did you think? Or-- do you even open it? I don't know. I never had a taste for wine, just bad grape juice if you ask me.