main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY I Know This Is Off Topic...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Gonna pop it this weekend if all goes well

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Heh. That's what she said. [​IMG]

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Popped it and it was as refreshing as a sand coconut after fighting a Harryhausen and as satisfying as visiting old friends at Tosche Station.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yeah. 64 is still too young.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Crimson Jack Lives! In this week's issue of Halcyon Legacy. He's not flying a refurbished Star Destroyer and he's running around during the time of the First Order/Resistance but it's him. I wonder if the encounter with him will be part of the show during the Galactic Starcruiser like it is in the comic. Still, it's nice to see a "legacy" character make it back to cannon.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I saw that. I haven't read the comic yet though. Shoot. I still am lost in the High Republic. It is a multi book / comic story that is right up my ally but I just am way behind and can't keep my jedis straight.

I wonder. So, we got Crimson Jack, and we got Valance, and we got Jaxxon.... all of whom are o G marvel; will we get any characters from legends returning who first appeared elsewhere? Like a Dark Horse Comics Conor Jax? A Lucas Arts Kyle Katarn? Bantam's Mara Jade?

Did we and I just overlooked it? Or is it more Marvel protecting its "brand" so to speak.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    You know, normally I would poo doo on the idea but with Favreau and Filoni running so much story wise I can't rule out anything. We've had Live Action Ahsoka and Bo Katan, Toshe Station, the return of Boba Fett, Dark Troopers, Cobb Vanth and probably a live action Thrawn coming and so much other stuff from all media I can't imagine much being off limits.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Happy May the 4th my Louisville peeps!

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    News
    -Thanks for coming out the other (late) night to watch ROTJ as a group.
    -There's a free showing of Rogue One on May the 4th at Iroquois Ampitheater but given that it's Thurby and the movie would let out late I don't feel super safe going.
    -Emily Swallow (the Armorer) is scheduled to be at Louisville PopCon in June.
    -Don't forget about Wonderfest and the the Star Wars guests they're bringing this year.
    -Louisville Orchestra will be showing/playing music to the Force Awakens as part of their film series Feb 17, 2024

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Went out with the wife last night to try Fork and Barrel's Star Wars themed dinner event (available all week). Food was impressive, the event less so. The menu seemed to be their usual dishes just given Star Wars names. Star Wars was playing on the TV above the bar but you couldn't see it from most of the seats in the restaurant. There were some Star Wars party decorations scattered around but honestly I've done better for Star Wars parties I've put on at my house. Like the recent Star Wars night at the Bats game it was kind of a let down. The cocktails and food were excellent though. We'll definitely add this place to our date night list of restaurants. They also offer a brunch during the week I'm eager to try now.