main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need your help folks

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by offishall, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. offishall

offishall Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    First let me say this is my first official post. I joined back in 2005, but have never posted.

Secondly, I don't know where else to turn.

About 6 months ago I helped my cousin fix his computer. He is an elderly gentleman who recently retired and moved back to the region. I have never met him, but my Mom and her brothers and sisters know him well.

At the end of my repairing his system, he asked me if I liked Star Wars. I looked at him and laugh. I'm 32, of course I like Star Wars. Great he said, I have a few things I want to get rid of, I will drop them off. Ok, sure, thanks. We shake hands and that?s the end of it, I don't hear anymore until about month ago.

I come home after a day?s work, and see the van outside my house. As I pull up I noticed it?s my cousin. He asks if he can back in, because he is going to drop some things off. Sure, no problem there. He proceeds to drop of over 200 items of various Star Wars toys, books, candy, etc. There sheer volume alone shocked me. We talked hockey for a few and then he was gone, and I was left with all this. None of it opened. His last words were, sell it, keep it, store it, whatever, he just wanted it out of his house.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/offishall/Star%20Wars/Starwars2/IMGP1119.jpg]

What I need to know is, what is this stuff worth? Should I hold it or sell it? I really don't have the room for it all, and there is more than what is in that picture, I just couldn't get it all out and visible.

Thanks in advance for any advice you all can offer.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/offishall/Star%20Wars/

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/offishall/Star%20Wars/Starwars2/

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow, that's an almost unbelievable story. Did that really happen? It sounds too good to be true. You must be a lucky guy! :)

But to answer your question, I can't tell you what it's worth, I would be just happy and like [face_hypnotized], if that would happen to me, but I can lead you to the place where people know a bit more about collecting: The collection board. There are some people who love to collect SW stuff and know a lot about the worth of things. :)

3. offishall

offishall Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    Oh it's true. He was dropping stuff off at my Mothers house as well. The album labeled Star Wars 2 is stuff he left there, tis why the shots arent in as high a quality, taken with my iphone.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Offishall - that's quite a haul. It's beyond the scope here to offer suggestions on worth for that large a collection. What we normally suggest is for people to look their items up in closed auctions on eBay to get a guesstimate on value since most collecting books are out of date by the time they are published.
    We don't allow advertising here but the Rebelscum forums have a classified section. You have to register to post but it's free.

With that large a collection, it might be worth seeing if you can have it professionally valued by an auction house if you have one fairly close by. Alternatively, if you want to sell you might look into getting a vendor's table at a collecting fair if you have any going on nearby.

I think your best bet might be to start by doing an inventory of your items and if you think you really have anything rare try Googling it. The Rebelscum site linked above has a Photo Archive section which should help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.