main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I, Rebel (Hal Horn survives to join the Rebellion, AU, Author's Note 02/11/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *chuckles at the last line*

As usual, that was fantastic. :D

Hope Tycho gets better! [face_worried]

2. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Yet another nice update ;)

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm looking forward to their arrival at the base as well. :)

4. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Poor Hal. Poor Tycho. Poor Corran. I could go on...:p

Am anxious to see how Corran continues to react to the news about his Jedi heritage and his father's lies. (Hehe, I call my mom "Mother" when I'm mad at her.)

I wonder how easy/hard it is for Hal to go back to being a Jedi. Is using the Force like riding a bike? :p

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    "I said clear your mind, Corran, not wonder what to do next," I answered, frowning at him.

"And then what?"

I was beginning to see why we used to train Jedi at birth.

LOL!!! Your satire amuses me to no end, Lunes. It reminds me so much of... well, me. :p

I'm always "father" when he's annoyed with me

Oh yeah, that's how it is in my house. Except we add the "YOUR" bit.

"Mother, YOUR husband did this... YOUR daughter did this..." :p

And LMAO! I love Hobbie. :D

Great job!!

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    RedGold:

I just finally got around to reading this.. sorry it took so long... It's alright :)

Anyway, I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I love your dialogue. Thanks! :D Had help with those from Jes and Myri...:)

I can't wait to see what happens when he reaches the rebellion! :D

GreatOne:

Just popping in to let you know I'm enjoying this story very much. (even if there isn't any H/L in it, usually one of my main requirements for reading!) Awww I'm flattered then! Well they'll be in it... :)

Jesina_Dreis:

I love your explanation of why Hal needed Corran Thanks! :)

And I think you wrote him telling him very well...poor Corran, having his entire identity shaken up like this Yeah....*dashes off to hug her baby*

CodeName_Targeter:

*snickers* That definetely amused me. Hehehehehe poor Corran ;)

*giggles* Awww, poor Hobbie. That's why I love him though, Hehehhehe, he was just a bit out of it. ;)

Hmmm, well this is defintely going to be interesting... Hal remembering how to be a Jedi and trying to teach Corran at the same time... Hehehhehe could be tough ;)

talkingbanana:

*chuckles at the last line* Hehhehehhe

As usual, that was fantastic. Thanks :D

Hope Tycho gets better! We'll have to see ;)

Arin_Atona:

Yet another nice update Thanks newbiewanmine :)

RebelMom:

I'm looking forward to their arrival at the base as well. Thanks Mommy :D

SweetPea:

Poor Hal. Poor Tycho. Poor Corran. I could go on... lol! Poor Hobbie, Poor Wes, Poor Wedge? ;)

Am anxious to see how Corran continues to react to the news about his Jedi heritage and his father's lies. (Hehe, I call my mom "Mother" when I'm mad at her. HEheheh same here...and you'll have to see... :D

I wonder how easy/hard it is for Hal to go back to being a Jedi. Is using the Force like riding a bike? lol! Absolutely ;)

Miana Kenobi:

LOL!!! Your satire amuses me to no end, Lunes. It reminds me so much of... well, me. LOL! Get off my wavelength! ;)

Oh yeah, that's how it is in my house. Except we add the "YOUR" bit. lol! Same here!

And LMAO! I love Hobbie. Hehehehee me too!

Great job!! Thanks! :)

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    This is so wonderful! Hal is so similar to Corran, but still distinct. I love it!

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    AvenKiel:

This is so wonderful! Hal is so similar to Corran, but still distinct. I love it! Aww thanks! That means a lot ot me because I really studied up on Hal's character, and am hoping to do him right :)

Here is Chapter Four!

Chapter Four

It was late by the time I finished with Tycho, and I was more exhausted then I'd been in years. I left him in the care of Hobbie, who'd set up a cot in the room. Despite the fact that I had told him I was a Jedi Knight, he had little faith in that which he could not see, and I feared he would not leave his friend's side until he could be certain that he would be well. Regardless of the late hour, I headed toward Corran's cabin, wondering if he was still awake. I was surprised to hear my own voice coming through the door, and realized that he must have found the recording I'd made for him five years ago.

"I am making this recording for you, Corran, because there are things you should know. Being in Corsec can be dangerous and I don't want anything to happen to me that would prevent you from learning about our family. I hope and trust right now that we're sitting together watching this, laughing at how young I looked when I recorded it. If not, I want you to know I love you and have always been very proud of you."

Well, we weren't sitting together, and since it'd only been five years, I could hardly have looked that much younger. At least, though, I was still alive to tell him first before he saw it. Although that blaster wound in the cantina had nearly stopped that. It wasn't an experience I'd care to repeat. Yes, Corsec life was dangerous, but the life of a Jedi was even more so. Particularly in these troubled times.

From the room, my message continued.

This will sound like a wild tale, but it is all true. Your grandfather, Rostek Horn, is really your step grandfather. As you know, he partnered with a Jedi before the Clone Wars, and that Jedi died serving away from Corellia, right after the Clone Wars. That Jedi, Nejaa Halcyon, was my father. He served as my Master and Knighted me just before he went away, promising to hold the ceremony when he returned. I was all of twenty years old when he died, and Rostek Horn saw to it that my mother, my wife and I, wanted for nothing. My mother and Rostek fell in love and married, and Rostek claimed me as his own son. More importantly, when the Empire began to hunt down Jedi and their families, he managed to destroy records and fabricate new ones that insulated us from the Emperor's wrath."

I closed my eyes, suddenly dearly missing my own father.

Relentlessly, my recording went on.

"I know this is quite a secret to keep from you, but the deception was necessary. I know you, Corran, and know you would have been very proud of your heritage. You would have told others of it, sharing it with them, and that would have been your destruction. Lord Vader and the others hunting Jedi have been relentless. I have seen the results of their handiwork. Keeping you ignorant is keeping you safe. It's a terrible bargain to make, but the only one that can be made.

"The Halcyon family is well known among the Corellian Jedi. We were well respected and many were the tributes to Nejaa Halcyon upon his death. You can find no record of them now, of course. What the Empire did not destroy, Rostek did destroy or hid away--he won't even tell me where the records are, but I cannot believe he would have allowed all traces of his friend to perish. The Halcyons were strong in the Force but not flashy or given to public displays of power. A word here, an act there, allowing people to choose between good or evil at their own speed and peril was more our way.

"And so, here, with this message, I give you a choice. I will be proud of you and love you no matter what you choose. The fact that you say you want to join Corsec has filled me and your grandfather with more pride than you can imagine. There is no greater honor you could show us than

9. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    great stuff..wish i could post soo frequently..but my typing is so slow...btw..great story...i've never heard of the horn's or the halcyon's but i assum they are from post AOtC era...hmm? and after ROtJ this is good...like qui- teaching ani about midichlorians.. in TPM really good

10. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Love the incorporation of Hal's message to Corran about the family history.

*wishes Hal luck in getting Mister "I trust no one and nothing" to trust him and the Force*

Hal shouldn't doubt himself so much. :)

Jes

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I think that Luke is going to appreciate having another Jedi around to help him carry the load. :)

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Dad's given himself a big task... I hope he does good too!

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Good luck Hal!

That was a good task you set out for your son.

Corran won't let you down!

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You are doing a nice job tweaking the EU to put Hal at the age you want and giving him more skills. :)

15. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Oooo... nice incorporation of the message there... and glad to know Whistler there, someone's got to take care of Corran! :p

"Are you going to drop it?"

I think my youth was starting to disturb him. "Close your eyes, then, using the Force, your sense of me, I want you to tell me when I do."

*giggles* Okay, that amused me greatly for some reason.... :p

~Jenn

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Lovely job, Lunes!! :)

Yay for Tycho being all right!! :D

17. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Oooo, nice working in of Hal's message to Corran.

Corran looked doubtful. "I'll try."

"With an attitude like that, you won't," I said, frowning at him. "I'd like you to tell me you will

Hehehehe. [Yoda voice] There is no try! [/Yoda voice]

Luke can prank with the best of us pilots
    Reeaaaalllly...will we get to see any of this? ;)

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    son-of-kenobi:

great stuff..wish i could post soo frequently..but my typing is so slow...btw..great story...i've never heard of the horn's or the halcyon's but i assum they are from post AOtC era...hmm? Ooh thanks...and well technically I guess they are post AOTC, since teh stories come first from Corran Horn, because in the EU, Hal Horn died. But Hal would have lived at the same time as Anakin and probably been the same age, since Corran and Lukie are. :)

and after ROtJ this is good...like qui- teaching ani about midichlorians.. in TPM really good Thanks :)

Jesina_Dreis:

Love the incorporation of Hal's message to Corran about the family history. Aww thanks :)

*wishes Hal luck in getting Mister "I trust no one and nothing" to trust him and the Force* lol! No kidding!

Hal shouldn't doubt himself so much. Yeah, he shouldn't. :)

GreatOne:

I think that Luke is going to appreciate having another Jedi around to help him carry the load. Definitely :) Thanks :)

RedGold:

Dad's given himself a big task... I hope he does good too! lol, ooh yeah! Thanks :)

jade51999:

Good luck Hal! hehehhee

That was a good task you set out for your son.

Corran won't let you down!
    We can only hope... ;)

RebelMom:

You are doing a nice job tweaking the EU to put Hal at the age you want and giving him more skills. Thanks Mommy, had fun figuring it out... :-D

CodeName_Targeter:

Oooo... nice incorporation of the message there... and glad to know Whistler there, someone's got to take care of Corran! lol! Yes, he's a good little nurse maid. ;)

*giggles* Okay, that amused me greatly for some reason.... Did me too...Corran's being rather stubborn. ;)

Miana Kenobi:

Lovely job, Lunes!! Aww thanks :)

Yay for Tycho being all right!! Hey...who says? ;)

SweetPea:

Oooo, nice working in of Hal's message to Corran. Oooh thanks :D

"With an attitude like that, you won't," I said, frowning at him. "I'd like you to tell me you will
    Hehehehe. [Yoda voice] There is no try! [/Yoda voice]
    Hehehehehe Yoda's such a great influence. ;)

Luke can prank with the best of us pilots
    Reeaaaalllly...will we get to see any of this?
    Hmm...would *I* write Lukie into a story? ;)

19. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Aww... a little father-n-son training. Nifty!

*patiently waits for things to blow up*

20. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    You know my thoughts on the first part, Luney...

Second:

[face_love] Love the father/son interaction and Hal looking younger. :p

Poor Corran... hopefully he can let go soon. :D

21. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wonderful story Luney! I'm so glad to have found another story by you! :)

I filled one duffel bag with that, and the other with memorabilia such as wedding holos and embarrassing shots of Corran.
    Can?t forget the embarrassing holos!

I laughed, somewhat awkwardly. This was an interesting situation I'd found myself in, exchanging pleasantries with Wedge Antilles. "Breakfast with Wedge Antilles...what's next? Sabaac with Han Solo?"

Antilles grinned. "You'd lose." He shrugged. "But why not? He's a Captain."

"Really?" I asked, incredulously. "How have they managed to keep him in one spot?"

"He keeps threatening to leave."

I was intrigued. "What's stopping him?"

Antilles pursed lips thoughtfully. "A lot to do with his friendship with Luke, I think, but mostly that he's probably in love with Princess Leia."

Now
    that nearly floored me. "And she..."

"Denies it enough that she's probably in love with him too," Antilles answered with a grin. "I don't think he's going anywhere soon."

Hehe! Great stuff!

"You know," Janson was saying as we reached the hangar where the Rogues had kept their cruiser, "I take showers on my own. That's what refreshers are for."
    Hehe! :) Poor Wes. But he deserved it!

There I went, being much too blunt again.
    ::giggles:: You have a wonderful sense of humor!

And to top it off, as though coming out of a daze, Hobbie asked me, "Did you just say Jedi Knight?"
    Heh. Took him long enough, didn?t it?

"Apparently this rebellion of yours teaches insolence."

"Janson's an incredibly good teacher."

Nice line.

22. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Good post.

*submits vote / heartfelt beg for a Skywalker vs. Halcyon sparring match*

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey...who says? ;) You did. :p

24. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    I think this is a really good idea, and you write it very well, can't wait for more.

~JMM~

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Arin_Atona:

Aww... a little father-n-son training. Nifty!

*patiently waits for things to blow up*
    Hehehhe between them or the Rebellion? ;)

Myri_Antilles:

You know my thoughts on the first part, Luney... Quite, thanks ;)

Second:

Love the father/son interaction and Hal looking younger.

Poor Corran... hopefully he can let go soon. Yes ;)

Jaya Solo:

Wonderful story Luney! I'm so glad to have found another story by you! Hehehehe thanks! Hey, weren't you around for I, the Jedi's Daughter? ;)

Can?t forget the embarrassing holos! Certainly not! Has to have SOMEthing to show to Corran's future wife. ;)

Hehe! Great stuff! Thanks :D

Hehe! Poor Wes. But he deserved it! He did! ;)

::giggles:: You have a wonderful sense of humor! *grins* Thanks :D

Nice line. Thanks :D I thought so too ;)

JalendaviLady:

Good post. Thanks :)

*submits vote / heartfelt beg for a Skywalker vs. Halcyon sparring match* lol! Tis possible... ;)

Miana Kenobi:

Hey...who says? You did. Ooh shoot, I did... ;)

*~Mineraé of the Crest~*

Jedi_Master_Mouf:

I think this is a really good idea, and you write it very well, can't wait for more. Hey just noticed this! Thank you very much. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.