main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I still absolutely do believe in sequel trilogy getting RETCONNED

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Alatar Skywalker, Apr 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alatar Skywalker

Alatar Skywalker Jedi Padawan

Jan 29, 2020
    Yeah, I know they announced 3 new movies in SWCE 2023 and one of them is supposed to be a post-sequel movie featuring Rey.

However, I wanna remind every person here that Lucasfilm has quite a record of canceling Star Wars movies and shows. Lets see some examples:

Rian Johnson’s movie trilogy
    Kevin Feige’s movie
    Patty Jenkins’ Rogue Squadron movie
    D.B. Weiss’ & David Benioff’s Old Republic movie trilogy
    J.D. Dillard’s movie
    Josh Trank’s movie
    Rangers of the New Republic show
    Star Wars Underworld show

Also originally Boba Fett and Kenobi shows were supposed to be movies, not shows. Kenobi was even supposed to be a whole trilogy.

Also one of those announced movies is supposed to be directed by James Mangold, but he also got his Boba Fett movie canceled some years ago.

And then there's bunch of shows and movies whose future seems weak, for example Lando show and Taika Wattiti’s movie

Also Disney has lately been canceling a bunch of shows, movies and firing directors/writers.

So my point is that whatever can happen. Absolutely whatever. Cancellation, endless production hell or movie becoming a show or vice versa. So honestly, I really am NOT convinced at all that any of those 3 announced movies will see daylight. They might, but they as well might not. I think only Dave Filoni’s movie is most likely to happen. I really don’t believe the Rey movie is happening AT ALL.

And I’m still absolutely and totally 100% looking forward to the sequel trilogy getting retconned.

Do you guys really think every single person on Lucasfilm loves sequel trilogy from their heart and wouldn’t want to retcon it even if getting a chance to do so? Really guys?! You really think every single person on Lucasfilm works as some kind of collective intelligence that does not have any kind of disagreements at all? Holy s.

I believe Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni hate the sequel trilogy and want to retcon it, but Kathleen Kennedy is a big obstacle in the way, cause she doesn’t want to let retcon happen. Kennedy is boss so Filoni and Favreau have no chance than to wait.

However its getting closer and closer. I even have concrete evidence: In Mando season 3 intro all the sequel trilogy helmets were removed. This might have passed without Kathleen noticing it, and when she did, it was too late. So this is clear evidence from Filoni and Favreau that they are gonna get rid of the sequel trilogy.

Now, what’s the deal with that upcoming Rey movie? I think there's a civil war and race in Lucasfilm, who's gonna win the battle, the sequel retconners or the sequel lover Kathleen Kennedy. Rey movie has come from Kathleen’s end, but announcing Rey movie could as well be just a test move to test how masses would react to hearing about it.

Now some of you might think Kathleen is a dictator who could fire whoever she wants like snapping a finger. That’s not true at all. Even if there’s bad blood between Favreau and Kathleen she cannot fire Favreau and Filoni like snapping a finger. Also Kathleen has her own boss, Bob Iger, who has been firing and canceling like crazy lately and it’s been said Kathleen has had a meeting with Bob and it is very close to get Kathleen fired once and for all. Heres some versions and one of these is the very truth:

- Kathleen will retire in 2023 sometime after Indiana Jones 5
    - If Indiana Jones 5 will not make enough money (about 900 million ?) she will be fired
    - If Kathleen cannot make a Star Wars movie at the end of 2025 she will be fired

So announcing all those movies and especially Rey movie might as well be just a panic move from Kathleen.

I think the final boss Bob Iger gives 0 f about will sequels get retconned or not, he just wants to make great bunch of money, but then there's Filoni and Favreau who love and understand Star Wars at its very core and want to retcon and possibly even reboot sequel trilogy but there’s Kathleen Kennedy who doesn’t care a one bit of fans and doesn’t understand Star Wars at all and is so arrogant that it hurts my head thinking of it.

But now there's limits being set for Kathleen and if she doesn’t meet those limits she will be fired and Lucasfilm gets a new boss, and it might be Favreau or Filoni and in that case they have a clear way ahead of making sequel retcons and possible reboot.

2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Mike Zeroh, is that you?

In all seriousness, I'm all for retcons but the entire ST ain't being retconned. There's a few small ones that could make a huge difference in the long term, that I think could happen, but the ST as a whole is here and part of the show.

And I'm tired of KK being fired theories.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow. Your retcon is dead, son. Accept it.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If you want to talk about the new announced films, go to the Future Films forum or the Sequel to the Sequel Trilogy thread in this forum.

We do not need a separate thread for yet another “ST being retconned” theory.

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.