main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I was today years old when I learnt…

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Mar 21, 2022.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The title speaks for itself. Post something about Star Wars that you just realised / learnt that you’re amazed you hadn’t known before.

It could be something super obvious that’s always gone completely over your head. And who knows, maybe you’ll blow someone else’s mind too!

I’ll begin…
    I was today year’s old when I realised Chewie was the one flying the Millennium Falcon during the Battle of Yavin.

And I was also today year’s old when I realised the medal ceremony in ANH was for rescuing Leia, not destroying the Death Star.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I was today years old when I realized Vader had no intention of killing Luke at the end of ESB.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I was today years old when I realized that the OOU reason why the Mandalorian wears shiny armor is to show off the use of the StageCraft technology.

CampOfSorgan and Sarge like this.
  4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I was today years old when I noticed that in the scene where Palpatine reveals his identity to Anakin he does a peculiar flick of his wrist, that may very well imply he had his lightsaber at the ready to defend himself on the off chance that Anakin would actually try to kill him. (Watched the scene on YouTube and several comments pointed it out).

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I was 10 years old when I realized that George Lucas had way too many flannel shirts in his closet.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  6. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I thought that was a nervous thing--after all, Palpatine is playin his biggest gamble here. But it could indeed be that he's preparing to get his lightsaber if necessary.

(OOU, I don't think so. He's making that movement with his left hand while he has his lightsaber in his right sleeve. Yes, canonically he has two lightsabers, but I suspect those two lightsabers are an afterthought.)

darth_mccartney and CampOfSorgan like this.
  7. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    ???

Are you sure? Han is sitting in the pilot seat during the Battle of Yavin in the movie.

Are you talking about when Luke and Han were firing the turrets at Tie Fighters? Even if Chewbacca may or may not have been in the pilot seat for that one the Millennium Falcon seamed to be stationary.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Whatever the case, I want an infinities comic where Anakin tries to kill Palpatine.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    What makes me say that is Han was wearing the headset like he was during the Death Star escape when he was in the gunner seat too. And someone HAD to be in the gunner seat to shoot Vader.

I could be wrong though.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  10. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm not entirely sure you're right. If you look at the background behind Han when he yells "yahoo,"

[​IMG]

you see the exact same shapes (the blue lights, for instance) as when he's in the main cockpit

[​IMG]

but you can't see those when yells "don't get cocky" when he's in one of the gunner seats. Also the head set is different

[​IMG]

Of course maybe that's just the specific shot -- maybe the implication is that hes indeed in one of the gunner seats.

CampOfSorgan and BlackRanger like this.
  11. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    The rectangular cockpit door is also visible behind Han, rather than the round opening of the turret gangway. I always thought that he was flying the Falcon in that scene (and didn't think much about where Chewie was sitting). But it might just be "movie magic" - rather like how Vader and Piett teleport clear across the bridge mid-sentence while Vader is asking Piett if the Falcon's hyperdrive was deactivated during the finale of ESB.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    If that’s the case, then I was today years old when I realised Chewie shot Vader’s ship in the Battle of Yavin!

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't know if there's any 'canon' reference to support it, but EU stories for years and years said the Falcon's weapons could be remote controlled from the cockpit. The turrets are more accurate and flexible with a gunner in the seat, but the guns work well enough when they're locked straight ahead starfighter style.

Sith Lord 2015 and BlackRanger like this.
  14. Count Yubnub

Oct 1, 2012
    Aren't there scenes in ESB where the Falcon fires while everyone is in the cockpit?

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IIRC, the only shots the Falcon fires in ESB are from the little anti-personnel swivel gun just before they leave Hoth. That one was definitely operated remotely.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I was today years old when I learned about the David Prowse's workout buddy.

18. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Speaking of Prowse. There's a story about how there was a stuntman in the Vader suit when he was throwing Palpatine down the shaft. The stuntman was struggling to lift Palpatine high enough to throw him over the rail. Prowse said something like "for God's sake let me do it" and he puts the suit on, lifts Palpatine and tosses him over the rail in one take.

[​IMG]

If you click on the spoiler tag you can see Prowse hurling Palps over the rail.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I was today years old when I realised the Yavin medal ceremony took place in the very top of the temple. I always assumed it was on the ground level. I only found out cause of the Lego game.

CampOfSorgan and Mystery Roach like this.