main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I went to the National D-Day Museum today...

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by LeeKenobi, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Wow.

If you're a history or military buff, and are ever in New Orleans, you have to go!

I'll post some pics probably tomorrow...need to edit a few of them--some of the artifacts behind glass came out a bit blurry, so I'll see what I can do.

Also, a bit of trivia--they had FDR's address to Congress...or rather the first draft of it, that had been typed, scrawled over by FDR and refined for his final speech...

What's interesting is that the famous "a date which will live in infamy" line...started out as "a date which will live in world history."

Wow. It was AWESOME. I can't wait for the second building to be completed and opened.

2. Dudemeyster

Dudemeyster Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    That's awesome. I went to Pearl Harbour, it was pretty damned cool. :D

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I love that place!

4. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I've been to Pearl Harbor too, I think it's very well done. It's quite humbling to stand above the Arizona.

5. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    That is pretty cool. I've always been a fan of wartime history, although considering I live in New York, a trip to New Orleans would be a little tough for me at the moment. :(

6. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    New Orleans sucks. was just there a few months ago. What a crap hole. I know they made the higgins boats there, but they couldnt pic a better city. And I stayed in a $800 a night room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.