main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Ice-Fishing For A Princess

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cowgirl Jedi 1701, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Title: Ice-Fishing For A Princess
    Author: Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    Characters: Han & Leia, obviously.
    Time Period: Early ESB-ish
    Author Notes: I was listening to some good old Golden Oldies over breakfast, when this plot bunny jumped into my lap and refused to get off.

Hoth angel, Hoth angel
    Will you be mine?
    My darling dear
    Love you all the time
    I’m just a fool
    A fool in love with you

Leia didn’t know who was singing, but he sure had a nice voice. She put down the datapad she was working with and just closed her eyes to listen.

Hoth angel, Hoth angel
    The one I adore
    Love you forever
    And ever more
    I’m just a fool
    A fool in love with you

I fell for you and I knew
    The vision of your love-loveliness

The singing stopped abruptly, and the voice Leia heard behind her was one she recognized.

“Why am I singing this poodoo? Sure, I think she’s gorgeous, but I don’t stutter over it. That’s more your line, farm boy.”

“I know. Just quit griping and sing. She’ll like it. Trust me.”

“Okay, okay, fine.” He began again, a couple lines before where he’d stopped.

Leia smiled. Now that she knew who was singing, she was really going to enjoy this.

The vision of your love-loveliness
    I hope and I pray that someday
    I’ll be the vision of your hap-happiness

Hoth angel, Hoth angel
    Please be mine
    My darling dear
    Love you all the time
    I’m just a fool
    A fool in love with you

The vision of your loveliness
    I hope and pray that someday
    That I’ll be the vision of your happiness

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Hoth angel, Hoth angel
    Please be mine
    My darling dear
    Love you all the time
    I’m just a fool
    A fool in love
    With you-ooou

Leia’s smile turned into a grin. She knew this was the part where she was supposed to run to run to him and rave about how well he sang (and she wouldn’t be lying, because he did sing very well), but she didn’t want to let the scoundrel win that easily. She’d been around him long enough to know that the more she played hard to get, the more he would want her. She’d given up denying that she was attracted to him, but if he really wanted her, he’d have to work for it. Let the man stew a while. She knew it wouldn’t take long for him to react to her response (or lack of one). He was stubborn, but he was also impatient.

He reacted.

“Frell it all, Luke. Her Worshipfulness can go to Hell. And you can go there too, for talking me into doing this in the first place.”

“Don’t wait for me too long.”

Leia ignored Han’s cussing her. She knew he wasn’t really mad at her, just frustrated because his serenade hadn’t gotten immediate results. Maybe she would tell him how nice his singing was later. Maybe. Luke’s snarky rejoinder was answered by a very Wookie-sounding guffaw, and it was all Leia could do not to bust out laughing and give herself away.

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    This is why Thou Shalt Honor Thy Plot Bunnies! It was very cute, especially that Leia was pleased, but wasn't going to let him know it (yet). Not to mention Han complaining in the middle of his song. And the choice of song is a nice echo of Anakin's asking Padme if she was an angel.

Well done, Cowgirl Jedi 1701!

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701: It is amazing how much warmth you bring to a place like Hooth with just a song. ;) And while I read your story from whom Leia inherited her wicked (Carrie Fisher) humour: her daddy. She truly is Ani´s girl after all.

Kahara likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Loved the ending! More like this, please! :D

And of course she won't let him know. XD

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This is another hit!

6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This was fun! I can just imagine Han standing there, singing this cute little love song totally against his will or better judgment or something, in hopes that it will Get Results with Her Worshipfulness—but he doesn't count on Leia's cleverness in working his scoundrelly impatience and stubbornness to her own purposes. :D Yep, Mr. ScoundrelPants, you're going to have to work for this Hoth Angel—and the process of doing so is going to be one of those "two steps forward one step back" type things, so better brush up on your patience and persistence! (I know you can do it! :p )

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I didn't even think of that. Just heard the song and was simultaneously assaulted by the plot bunny.

Again, never entered my head.

Of course not.:D

Against his will, not so much. Against his better judgement, probably. The rest of your comment, oh yeah, totally.

Thanks everybody for the likes, both official and commentary.

8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This is pretty funny; I'm not sure if the interruptions added humor or ruined the mood of the song.

Either way a fun read. :)

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I can see Luke talking a reluctant Han into singing Earth Angel... and he really should have actually sung it to her. Heee!!!!!! (However, his being cranky about the whole thing? Totally in character!)

Well done. :)

10. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thanks.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] SQUEEE! and [face_mischief] very much in character for this wonderful timeframe where they are crazy about each other but trying to keep it a big secret [face_love] =D=

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you, thank you!^:)^:D

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting where your mind went after listening to some older tunes.

Nice to experience something that happened to move along the Leia and Solo relationship, with Luke and Chewie chiming in with their own takes.

I liked the action of Leia putting down her datapad - cos we know she is always working - to close her eyes and listen.

Nice job.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    LOL love it!!! [face_laugh] It's adorable and funny!

One problem, though...Earth Angel is sung by a tenor. Han, from all accounts, is a baritone. So he apparently had to change keys. :p (sorry, a minor background in music meant I *had* to bring this up)

I can't argue about his singing voice, though. Harrison Ford showed by belting out 'Some Enchanted Evening' in American Graffiti that he had some pipes on him. ;)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RIDLEY! =P~ =P~ YUM! The thought/image of Harrison Ford singing that delicious song makes me all ummhumm inside. [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and Ridley Solo like this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you everybody!

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Hilarious! And so in character for them all.

Too bad girls in RL think a guy who'll sing for them isn't boyfriend material. Been there, done that, wished I hadn't. (To Self: Don't go admitting to stuff like that in public. :rolleyes:) (And stop typing everything I think. [face_plain])

Ahem. Anyway, good old song, and good the way you incorporated it into the fic! =D=

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you.

And what even?:confused: How is being serenaded a turn off?[face_dunno] The girls you speak of have obviously never seen Phantom Of The Opera. Listen to the Music Of The Night. :D

Vek Talis and AzureAngel2 like this.
  19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender... :p

Vek Talis likes this.