main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Icon Thread--Version 8: The icons are fine, we're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DVeditor, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    >>Theron: I like your 501st Stormtrooper ^^ Boba Fett and the second Carth are cool too!

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very cool new thread, I love the title as well. :cool:

ThrawnRocks: Cool update, very good job. My favs are the Rebel, the Stormies, tall Cade, the Hat and Rav.
    Wiggins: Good job, the "Prophet of the Dark Side" would be my fav. [face_mischief]
    Starwalker: A nice update as well. I like the Lukes

It's generally cool to see everyone's getting better. And the next vote's gonna be both big and tough. [face_peace]

=======STARTING==TRANSMISSION=======
    Sent: 65:5:13; 1716 GST
    To: Whoever might be interested...
    Subject: Re: Update!

21 new icons from me.
    I will never making be icons again if that Legacy Stormtrooper doesn't make it. Period.
    =======END==OF==TRANSMISSION=======

[face_whistling] :p

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Thanks, guys :)

Corran_Fett: Uh oh. :p That isn't my favorite of your update (I prefer the tall Luke and all of the Cades) but I'll try to remember to vote for that one to keep you around :p
    Reynar_Tedros: Haha. Nice :p

4. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    [face_laugh] Well, thanks. Might I asked what could be done better with the Stormie?

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It isn't really your fault. The problem is with the source image, so it takes me a second with all the strips of white and black to make out what it is :p

6. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Thanks Starwalker.

I hope the Ben B. Icon gets chosen.

Now all we need is one of Dennis.

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm still looking, but I'm having a hard time getting a good picture of him.

8. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Greetings all, here are a few updates for the new week - I had college graduation stuff this weekend so I wasn't around as much as I'd hoped. 8-}

Results from the Mara voting are in, and this was the image that won out. I'm considering using another format as an additional one for the gallery but will have to mull that over a bit since I'm trying to avoid duplication...many thanks to y'all for being willing to put it up for a vote and such. Says a lot about this little icon community!

New vote is up - yes there are many more in the queue. :p

Uploads for GL's birthday and a few other things will be done this week. Have a good one!

9. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    [face_dancing] That's my version, yeehaa! :p Thanks a lot to everyone who voted, there were quite good variants of this image up. [:D]

I do hope so, considering I don't see one of my icons up there. :oops:

I know you split icons up for different votes, but I still like to ask, just to be on the safe side: did you include my second-last update (from 23-3) in your selection?

10. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Corran-Fett, don't worry about your updates being in the current vote, I'm still at least five updates ahead of this vote. :p

BTW, please vote for this one, and this one. :D Of course I'd like all of my icons from this vote to be uploaded, but I can't see that happening. :p

http://evilkingwiggins.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1112422179

16 new Icons, enjoy. ;)

that makes me 10 updates ahead... [face_mischief] :p

Evil.

11. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks for the Mara/Sacrifice Icon "upgrade."

Now I can't wait to see the Jan Duursema Mara Jade Skywalker icons come rollin' in. 8-}

Seriously. :-B

:D

12. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    [face_laugh] Yeah, I wasn't totally serious, anyway, just checking. ;)

Good update, btw, the wide K'Kruhk kicks ass. :cool:

[face_mischief] As cool as the artworks in the new Legacy issue are, they aren't so easy to iconize. I made one, but I bet other icon artists will make more of her. ;)

http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/icon/07-05/MaraLeg.gif

13. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Corran_Fett, Thanks, I think that of my update the Luke's are my favorite part too though I also like the demonic looking Sidious. I love your tall Luke and the third Cade as I think it does a great job of capturing Cade's brokenness.

Evil_King_Wiggins, I voted for the Malak since it's the only one in this update. :p

14. HanSolOKniser3

Dec 10, 2003
    The more Mara the better I always say. [face_batting]

15. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice update, Wiggins.

I have to say this one is my favorite of them all.

:)

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Request:

[image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v258/grandadmiraljello/th_VaderROTS.png]

That's the thumbnail view of THIS from the ROTS cover. I'm quite surprised that it's never been made into an icon, because Vader looks awesome.

I guess nobody had access to a scan, so I went ahead and scanned it. Ignore the quote at the top. :p

Anyway, I think this would work equally well as a 50x50 or a widescreen icon. It's a stunning composition. I look forward to seeing what you icon artists can do with it! :D

(remember, use the link I provide and don't click on the thumbnail--it's just there because the actual version of the image is 5megs, and that'll make people sad if they had to load it to view this thread) :p

EDIT:

Also, the Star Destroyer from the JCC banner background has fantastic coloration and a good angle, even if it's just a model. It would do fantastically as a 50x50 icon if it was given a background or something. :)

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Any chance of some more Jason-Court-as-Kyle-Katarn from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight icons?

E_S

18. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I have two from my last update; one, two.

Evil.

19. HanSolOKniser3

Dec 10, 2003
    Page 2 of results from a search for Vader in the Icon section has that particular Vader Icon I believe.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    How embarassing. And after I searched myself to check for it. :p

Well, then, at any rate--it would look nice as a 50x50. :p

21. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I know Master Starwalker is working on it, but could anyone please make an Icon of Dennis Murren?

Starwalker managed to produce a nice one featuring Ben B. that I hope will get chosen, but I think it's a shame that there isn't a single Dennis Murren icon under the cast and crew category.

And how about this picture? Could anyone make this one into a 30x90, Widescreen icon?

[image=http://daily.greencine.com/archives/70s-directors.jpg]

or how about making an Icon out of this?

[image=http://indysaga.free.fr/images/portstevhargeo.jpg]

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Dear lord, why haven't these been added yet! DV, don't maek me liek cause Comms drama!!1! :p

E_S

23. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    By the way the Warriors were elminated.

24. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    My gripe with this new update is why is that icon of Yun on the upload page when there are far better looking versions E_K_W made. Yes I know that icon was made by E_K_W but why that one over his better looking ones.

Also that Biggs Darklighter with the four votes has a version already uploaded unless you plan on deleting it and replacing it with that one.

As for the others most look okay but a few just look uninteresting, even a few I've made I'm wondering why they are considered.

Anyway good job on some of the icons haven't looked at any of the new updates by the iconmakers but will do sometime in the future.

25. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.