main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Identify please this "Wilkinson Sword Star Wars" TV ad music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Peter Dow, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Peter Dow

Peter Dow Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2017
    Wilkinson Sword Star Wars November 2017

I'm most excited about the music in this Wilkinson Sword ‘Star Wars’ promotion. [face_love][face_whistling]:D=D=

I have written to Wilkinson Sword via their webpage here and commented on their YouTube video seeking further information but meantime if anyone can answer any of my questions I'd be grateful.

Who composed this wonderful, beautiful and uplifting music, can anyone tell me please?

Is this music from a Star Wars film?

Or is the music an excerpt from a famous work of classical music?

It this "only" a quite remarkable jingle which has been especially composed for the Wilkinson Sword advert? If so, is there more to this music than is heard here? Is there a long-play version, for example?

Is this music available on line without the ad's voice-over? If so, where?

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It's definitely not from any previously released Star Wars movie. (eg. not from any of the main 7, Rogue One, TCW, or Rebels)

It has to be either a Wilkinson jingle or a piece of famous classical music.

Isn't there some kind of app that can identify famous music?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I listen to a lot of classical music and it doesn't ring a bell with me. As Darkspine said, I don't think it's from any of the films - not the PT or OT, anyway.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Peter Dow

Peter Dow Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2017
    Thank you for that information.
    Neither does it sound like it matches music from the new movie - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer Music #1 or #2.

I don't recognise the composition but technically and stylistically, the classical form seems to my ear to be most accomplished, not merely workman-like but reminiscent of the great classical composers and quite a revelation for me to hear music of the highest quality in a jingle, if that is what it is.

Do you think if Beethoven was alive today he would be composing jingles for some extra cash? :D

I've noticed reviews of those apps but I am not familiar with such apps or how to use them or their limitations.

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Nice music but I seriously doubt that it's from John Williams' TLJ. Too far removed from his sound and the french horns at the end sound synthesized.