main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends If It Works {Dare Challenge} Mara, Wes, Ghent (Comedic angst)-- Author Replies 3/6/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Feb 25, 2008.

1. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: If It Works
    Author: mavjade
    Characters: Mara, Wes, Ghent
    Summary: Mara, Wes, Ghent are all trapped together, what will they do?
    Genre: Comedic Angst
    Notes: This is for the Dare Challenge. My dare was Write a romantic comedy with a love triangle between Ghent, Mara Jade, and Wes Janson. Include the phrases ?Holy force floppin' Ewoks!?, ?It's not my fault?, and ?All the people in the universe and I'm stuck with you.? DO NOT use the words smile, red, or green.
    I hope I managed to make it a romantic comedy! This was much harder than I thought it would be! :)

I do have to say that I kinda stole the idea for this from the TV show Torchwood (Episode 1x1 Everything Changes)! Once it got in my head, I couldn't come up with another idea! If you haven't seen Torchwood you should watch it! :D

Enjoy!

5/10/15 - Truncation fix
    ~*~*~

"I think if I can manage to..." Ghent wasn't talking to anyone specifically, more to himself about what he was doing. "There, I think I got it."

Just as soon as the words were out of his mouth, a set of blast doors came crashing down.

Wes turned around and stared at the slicer. "I thought you knew what you were doing. Now you've got us completely trapped." He glanced out of the corner of his eye to look at the woman standing at the other control, panel giving her a wink as he spoke. "Though the company could be worse."

Mara did her best to control her temper and ignored the wink. "All the people in the universe and I'm stuck with you." She knew that getting angry in this situation would only make it worse, so instead she focused on trying to get them out of the very strange situation in which they found themselves.

They were part of a larger team on a mission to recover some old republic documents, and the three of them had wound up separated from the rest of the group. While trying to recover some of the documents they had accidently set off an internal security trigger and now they seemed to be trapped. All their attempts to get out only led to more security measures. Whatever it was they were looking for, someone didn't want found.

Wes figured while they were trapped, he might as well take advantage of the situation. Yes, Mara Jade was married to the Jedi Grand Master and she was a Jedi Master herself, but he figured she could use a little comfort in such a stressful situation. He also had a secret weapon up his sleeve.

"So, Mara," he started as he approached her from across the room.

The extremely patient look Mara turned upon the offending pilot spoke volumes about their current predicament. "Are you going to help get us out of here, or are you just going try to flirt?"

"I thought I might help you..."

"I'm fine, thank you." Mara snapped before he could finish his sentence.

A whoop of excitement came from the other side of the room and interrupted what was starting to escalate into an argument. Mara liked Wes Janson in small doses, but she didn't know how much more she could take of being this close to him. Unfortunately, soon after the whoop of joy, there came a loud thunk as another security door came crashing down.

"It's not my fault," cried Ghent. He was doing everything he could to get them out, it was just that everything he could do wasn't good enough. He had yet to find a computer he couldn't slice and he would get this one; he just hoped it was before Wes ended up dead.

Wes took the moment of distraction to use his secret weapon. He had come by this particular spray on some planet he not visited not too long ago. He didn't exactly remember where it was, nor whether or not it would work, but to him it was worth a try.

He took the bottle and sprayed its contents on his face. "Mara," he spoke softly.

"What? I told you--" she stopped mid sentence and the anger she wore on her face disappeared. In its place a sly, and sexy grin sprang into being.

"Holy force floppin' Ewoks! It worked!" Wes didn't speak very loudly for fear that it might undo his erstwhile solution. He didn't know if making his victim realize what they were doing would make it wear off and he didn't want to take any chances.

Not having heard much for a few moments, Ghent looked their way, just to make sure Mara hadn't killed Wes yet: just in time to see her grab him by his collar and slam him into the wall. At first, he thought she was doing so in anger--for he had seen it done many times--but he soon realized that she wasn't going to kill him. Instead, she was going to kiss him.

Most people knew that Ghent was in love with Mara. In fact, he had been since she had first joined Karrde's organization. He loved how strong and independent she was, and how much she cared for the people around her. He could see the caring behind her hard emerald eyes; he had always been able too. But she never thought any more of him than a friend and he was content with that. He knew she loved Luke Skywalker very much and that he made her happy, and that was enough for him. So all of these things made him wonder what Wes had done and why Mara was about to kiss him.

In an act which was very much out of his normal character, Ghent ran over and grabbed Wes, pulling him away from Mara. "What are you doing?"

Wes looked shocked, but before he had time to explain himself Mara jumped in. "What are you doing?" She shoved Ghent out of the way and pulled Wes back towards her, "Come here, you."

Ghent knew something strange was going on and he couldn't let this happen, so once again he grabbed the back of Wes' shirt and yanked with all of his might. He was so angry his face had turned a dark scarlet color. While Wes was stumbling he shoved him to the ground and was about to hit him when Wes took something out of his pocket.

"Well," Wes semi-shrugged, "if it helps..." and he sprayed the solution on his face once again.

Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Lightsaber123

Lightsaber123 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 31, 2007
    LOL

[face_laugh]....... X 10.

[face_plain]

:_|

Mara, Mara Mea, Wes Necabo.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh no! OMgosh!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Either that is too hilarious for words, or I'm overly tired and will laugh at anything romotely funny right now...

I think it's the former. :D

4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Lightsaber:
    LOL
    "[face_laugh] ....... X 10.
    [face_plain]
    :_| "

Thank you! [:D] I'm glad I made you laugh... comedy isn't really my strength!

Mara, Mara Mea, Wes Necabo.
    *Is confused* though that doesn't take much! I can be a little dense sometimes!! 8-}

Alexis_Wingstar:
    Oh no! OMgosh!
    Is that a... "I can't believe she went there??" :p

Either that is too hilarious for words, or I'm overly tired and will laugh at anything romotely funny right now...
    LOL! I think it could go either way! It is entirely possible that I was to tired to make any sense when I was writing it, so it was funny in my exausted mind but it might not be now! :p

I think it's the former.
    Thank you! Comedy isn't really something I'm good at, so I'm happy I made you laugh... no matter which way it was! ;)
    Thanks for reading! [:D]

5. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    LOL!!!! Very very funny Mav!!!!! Great job at fulfilling the dare!!!!

The extremely patient look Mara turned upon the offending pilot spoke volumes about their current predicament. "Are you going to help get us out of here, or are you just going try to flirt?"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha 2 Truths 1 Lie Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee!!! Oh, Mav, you're a trip!!! I'd love to see what happens next... oh, this is a one shot. [face_laugh] ;) Mara & Wes in one place for an extended period is gonna always be a hoot and a half!! I think mav needs to be the mistress of the totally unexpected [face_laugh] Hugs!!!

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was incredible! I grinned through the whole thing. :D

"Well," Wes semi-shrugged, "if it helps..." and he sprayed the solution on his face once again.

[face_laugh] =D=

8. madman007

madman007 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    ..........................Oh, I'm sorry. I'm waiting for Mara to shake off the effects and make Wes into hamburger.

This was too funny.

And wouldn't it be Wes's luck that when Ghent was hit with the solution, he would go for Mara?

9. Alkibiades

Alkibiades Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Mara being so believably OOC is hilarious. Kudos for the idea!

And poor Ghent. Poor Wes, too. He really should enjoy what time he has - once his spray is finished, he is dead meat. :)

Yours, Alkibiades

10. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That was . . . different.

I have to say that I enjoyed it very much! Great job with the dare! :D

~MJ@};-

11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    [hl=black]Irish:[/hl]
    LOL!!!! Very very funny Mav!!!!! Great job at fulfilling the dare!!!!
    Thank you so much! I'm glad it was funny... comedy is not my forte.
    [:D]

Jade_eyes:
    Hee!!! Oh, Mav, you're a trip!!! I'd love to see what happens next... oh, this is a one shot.
    LOL! Thank you! Yeah, definitely a one shot... I don't think I could get away with more! (Where it was going might just be a TOS violation! ;) :p )

Mara & Wes in one place for an extended period is gonna always be a hoot and a half!!
    Oh, yeah!! Wes is crazy on his own but add Mara and you've got a recipe for danger and comedy all rolled into one! :)

I think mav needs to be the mistress of the totally unexpected Hugs!!!
    LOL! I like that title! You think I'm unexpected in fics, you should see me in RL! :p
    [:D]

VaderLVR64:
    That was incredible! I grinned through the whole thing.
    Thank you so much!! I'm glad I made you smile! I'm also glad you enjoyed the last little bit... I was slightly conserned I might have been skirting the line a little to closely! ;)

madman007:
    ..........................Oh, I'm sorry. I'm waiting for Mara to shake off the effects and make Wes into hamburger.
    [face_laugh] Yeah.... that is probably what would happen after it wears off. Though I don't know who would be worse, Mara's anger, or Luke's!! :p

This was too funny.
    Thank you so much!! [:D]

And wouldn't it be Wes's luck that when Ghent was hit with the solution, he would go for Mara?
    LOL! And then there would be a big old fight!! Some how I don't see Ghent winning that one! ;)
    THanks for reading, madman!! *hugs*

Alkibiades:
    Mara being so believably OOC is hilarious. Kudos for the idea!
    Thank you so much, though I can't take complete credit... the idea for the spray came from the awesome shoe Torchwood!!

And poor Ghent. Poor Wes, too. He really should enjoy what time he has - once his spray is finished, he is dead meat.
    LOL! Yeah, he probably is! Poor guy! I think Ghent would be ok, he was trying to help after all!
    Thanks for reading!

Mira_Jade:
    That was . . . different.
    LOL! My brain (and muse for that matter) doesn't do normal! :p

I have to say that I enjoyed it very much! Great job with the dare!
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
    Thanks for reading!!

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    What the heck did I just read and WHY DID I LIKE IT? I mean, we all know that men love redheads, but that REAL men love...code. Except when a redhead is in DANGER, or "danger" of the kind they cannot grasp.

Thanks for the LULZ. :D

(I was totally NOT searching for stories where Ghent plays a major role, by the way...and I did NOT up a nine-year-old thread! It's the SPRAY that makes you think I did either of those things...)

mavjade likes this.
  13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] That's about the reaction I expected when I wrote this! I remember thinking there was no way Mara was going to give Wes the time of day, and I'd just watched Torchwood with that alien spray (that's honestly a little squick-y, but it makes for a convenient plot device) and thought that would be about the only way it would happen!

Thank you for reading and commenting on an old story! I love it when people dig up older things! :D

[face_laugh]

Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This is perhaps the weirdest thing I have ever read,

I pity everyone involved.

Ewok Poet and mavjade like this.
  15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, this was so cute and absolutely in character for all of them! Mara wouldn't really give either guy the time of day romantically, and at least Ghent understands that, but Wes, well, he takes it as a challenge. ("She doesn't want me? Okay, hold my beer.")

But that ending - Did I just read what I thought I read? :eek: Wes, you are SUCH A DOG. And now Mara is in the most awkward of situations!

Great to see an old story resurface!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000

I hadn't seen Torchwood, or that episode; I assumed it was something distilled from Falleen hormones... So, so funny! I hadn't seen this either! Wes must be truly desperate. [face_laugh]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Wes is going to have two really pissed off Jedi Masters on his hands when that spray wears off.

18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Luke only keeps Mara from killing Wes so he can have the pleasure of pounding him himself...... [face_laugh]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha 2 Truths 1 Lie Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Happy to see the resumed activity in this fun thread. [face_mischief] That solution Wes used is dangerous 8-}