main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST IF Luke is killed by someone... who?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 20, 2015.

?

IF Luke is killed by someonein Episode 8 or Episode9... who should do the deed?

1. Supreme Leader Snoke

42.6%
  2. Kylo Ren

19.7%
  3. Dark-Side Rey

15.3%
  4. (Someone Else)

22.4%
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    His daughter kills him.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    [face_plain]

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about Chuck Norris?

4. ChipRock

ChipRock Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    Damn. I've been very anti Rey Skywalker, and of course we've already had Han's death by child, but that is a strong image.

I've been resigned to OT main character deaths since before TFA was released, but with Han already gone, and the fact that something will have to happen to Leia in VIII or IX, it's become more difficult to imagine Luke going too. If he is going to go, then it has to be hugely important. To me it feels that Kylo is ultimately weak so to have him kill two of the old gang seems too much. Snoke on the other hand is still too vague to call. If he really is that bad-ass then his murdering Luke would put a firm stamp on that idea, but I'm not quite sold on that yet. I guess we can rule out Leia doing the deed herself - that would surely be way too controversial. I'm not sure I like the idea at all, regardless of what their relationship turns out to be, but a death at the hands of Rey seems to me a little more likely.

5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I doubt it, because it would make everyone hate her. I know the shock effect would be big, but... How could anyone still like Rey if she is forever known as the one who killed Luke Skywalker. [face_sick]

6. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    If you've ever seen Zordon's death in Power Rangers in Space, then you'd know what where talking about.

7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    haven't seen this, so no idea what you are talking about. [face_dunno]

8. temtam

temtam Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 27, 2016
    Luke will be killed from the aftereffects of something Snoke or Kylo does, but he will do so in a self-sacrificial Vader-type way in order to save another character or the Jedi Order itself.

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Maybe a Rathtar snuck on the Falcon and will eat Luke just as they're leaving to go meet up with the Resistance.

10. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    At least his death won't be like Captain Kirk on Star Trek Generations.

11. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    better if he doesn't die. [face_sigh]

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Luke will be killed in a random hit and run speeding accident, highlighting the absurd nature of the Force.

jaqen likes this.
  13. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Oh man, I just looked on this thread and realized I voted for dark side Rey a long time ago... what even.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It might be nothing, but I've heard episode 9 is titled "Revenge Of The Wampa". Make of that what you will.

15. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    it will be Poe. Luke will go to the resistance base and while he is about to meet with leia again Poe will accidentally land on him.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    nah, it will be R2. R2 is so heartbroken that Luke did shut him down, so in an outburst of force lightning R2 kills Luke. o_O

vncredleader likes this.
  17. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Sucker punched by his own mechanical hand due to Y10K-bug,

jaqen, Artoo-Dion and Dra--- like this.
  18. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Here are my possibilities:

Kylo Ren

Snoke

Hux (my personal theory is that he's another apprentice of Snoke)

Rey

Finn.

Maz Kanata
    Also, I'm sure Luke is at the first Jedi temple for the Whills. At the beginning of the Episode VII novel, a quote from the Whills is mentioned, and I can't think of why except to hint at the storyline to come.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Episode IX: Revenge of the Rancor

20. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    maybe he will let Kylo kill him so he can ascend the way obi wan did.

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Gotta be Snoke.

22. S73

S73 Jedi Master

Dec 21, 2014
    I don't get the whole " Snoke is afraid of Luke" thing. I think it's much more of a "Luke's a badass, so why not keep him on the sidelines as long as we can or kill him to maximize our chances for success.
    With that said, I fully expect Snoke is also a major badass & the writers have led us to believe (I feel) that the showdown is coming. But...we shall see.

I guess in the grand scheme of things, I see no reason why Luke shouldn't be involved in the final battle for the galaxy (in this trilogy anyway) and then die a peaceful death signaling the end of the OT characters and clearing the next trilogy for new blood.

Satisfies the old generation to see there hero ride off into the sunset as well as tells the new generation that moving forward your heroes will be the focus.

23. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Jango Fett III will kill Luke to avenge his grandfather Bobba Fett/Jango Fett (as Bobba is a clone of Jango).

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

More and more thinking they're setting up Rey versus Luke in Episode IX

25. mufclee90

mufclee90 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 23, 2017
    Honestly it’s not looking good for Luke. From all the leaks trailers etc we know Rey leaves Ach To and joins the resistance/gets captured by snoke. They are either keeping Luke’s whereabouts massively under wraps or he dies. Also there we have no idea where Kylo Ren is in Act 3 either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Legions of Lettow likes this.