main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before the Saga If Only (DDC 2021 - Half Marathon) (OC - Taeyn D’levosh)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit', Jan 12, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    AWW that's terrible for him

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @earlybird-obi-wan for seeing this the whole way through. Last one.

Goodbye

Dear Bob,

I’m putting you away. Maybe one day I’ll pick you up again, but I can’t see that being any time soon. Master Indoa gave you to me to help me be a better Jedi, but I’m not a Jedi anymore and I have to face the fact that I’m never going to be one again.

Maybe one day I’ll pick you up again. Maybe one day I’ll have the courage to go back and read what happened because I’ve escaped, because I finally found my freedom.

Maybe one day I’ll even be able to show her.

But I doubt that will happen. I know this slavery is probably permanent. I will die in a fight and that will be the end of me. Unmourned and unfound by those that I love. That’s what happens to most Jedi isn’t it? We give up our lives to protect others and the Universe says thanks and then just moves on without a backwards glance. Sometimes they make statues or carve busts. Sometimes they get their own entry in the archive with people like Tara to make sure their name stays alive.

But that happens to Masters who save planets and fight Sith. Not padawans who lose their Masters and disobey their last orders.

I wonder if the Temple will even remember who I am.

So this is me saying goodbye. Goodbye to my old life. Goodbye to my dreams and aspirations. Goodbye to the Temple and the idea that I would ever be a Jedi. Goodbye to her and everything we were.

One day I might pick you up again.

But I doubt it.

Goodbye.

Kahara likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations on successfully completing this. =D= A very poignant entry in light of what we know comes later both in the short and long term. This makes the apprehension and surprise of finding his way back to the notice of past friends even more heart-warming. @};-

Kahara likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great ending. And he will be just too busy with other things I think

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.