main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

if only qui gon had listened to the council...

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by CodeVader1, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeVader1

CodeVader1 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2005
    THERE WOULD STILL BE ONE!!!

2. Darth_Sheba

Darth_Sheba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    That goes without saying. :p

3. Darth_Mimic

Darth_Mimic Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Man, how many topics can one guy make?

Besides, the council was right. No training Anakin = no Vader.

4. okage101

okage101 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    ya i agree if qui gon had listined to the counsil then there would be no darth vader then the empire wouldent be as strong then the rebles would have bettin the empire in like one movie then well i have no clue wut the hell im talkin bout

5. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Anakin would still have had his destiny as the Chosen One, you know. Even if they'd refused his training, events would have conspired. The Sith were rising anyway; Palpatine would have taken control and made his Empire anyway; Anakin's destiny was the Chosen One, and he'd have been swept up in it anyway, and Vader would probably still have been born.

Trust me, you shouldn't underestimate the wisdom and philosophy of Qui-Gon until you've seen all six movies. ;) If only the Council had listened to HIM ...

You also have to bear in mind that the Jedi have become arrogant and detatched, too focused on the higher Force, they ignore things in the moment, and they can't see the threat of the Sith right in front of them. The Jedi in the PT are following the wrong philosophy - their Code is WRONG. It's not coincidence that the way Obi-Wan and Yoda teach Luke in the OT is more along the lines of Qui-Gon's philosphy than the Jedi Code. The Code is so useless that the Jedi collapse, they're unable to face the evil of the Dark Side. Only when training Luke in the ways of the living Force - the life around us, nature, living in the moment, compassion, allowing love - do they finally start to combat the Dark Side, and beat it.

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    If Qui-Gon had listened to the Council, Anakin would have not been trained. He would probably be returned to the Tatooine. He would would have not been assigned to protect Senator and they wouldn`t get married. Palpatine would probably succeed in his ambitions without Anakin`s help. There would be no Chosen One, the most powerful of all Jedi to save the Galaxy. Luke and Leia would have not been born, and there would be noone left to put things in the right place. I doubdt that old-timers such as Yoda or Obi-Wan could do anything.

All in all, Qui-Gon made a right choice.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    If Qui-Gon had lived, there might have been Jedi Anakin but no Vader.

Anakin lives
    /LM

8. Mandos

Mandos Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2005
    Even if Qui Gon had listened to the counsil, the sith would have still risen. Naboo would have been captured, there would have been no on to stop the Sith army, because Qui Gon and Obi Wan would have died on Naboo(that is, IF they went back to Naboo)
    I'm glad Qui Gon did not listen to the counsil, because it saved the Universe.

9. The_Jedi_Will_Die

The_Jedi_Will_Die Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2005
    If Anakin was indeed the chosen on fate would have conspired to assure that he forfilled his role. It was his destiny.

10. swfan4life_1979

swfan4life_1979 Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2005
    I guess the lesson is always listen to Yoda!

11. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Anakin being found by Qui Gon was fate. He had his destiny to fulfill no matter what. Hell, for all we know the Force may have intended for him to go dark side all along. Nothing the Jedi could have done would have stopped it. Perhaps Anakin's choices could have helped him do the better thing, but we don't know that.

What choice did the Jedi have anyway? Once Anakin was found, he was revealed to *all* Force users...that *includes* Palpatine. In fact, Palpatine is one of the first people Anakin meets when they come to Coruscant. Had Qui Gon listened to the Council and led Anakin back to his mother (which would've been damn cruel, too), the Sith would have just snatched him right up after him.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I was gonna reverse this thread title: If only the council had listened to Qui-Gon...

But ultimately, no Jedi training of Anakin= no hope at the end of the saga. Can you imagine what Vader would've been like if he hadn't had that early & vital installation of Jedi ethics? He certainly wouldn't have turned on the Emperor.

13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I also belevie that if Obi-wan was killed by Maul, Qui-gon would train Anakin and Anakin may have not turned to the Darkside of the force.

14. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    So very true.

15. ObiWanKaitobi4

ObiWanKaitobi4 Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    If Qui-gon would have listened to the council about not training Anakin, there would be no Vader, and with no Vader you really have no Star Wars movie. Although perhaps there would still be Darth Maul if Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had decided not to enter The Royal Palace, which also means that Qui-Gon would still be alive, but I'm twisting the whole plot. Qui-Gon "concentrated on the moment" and "used his instincts" in his decision in training Anakin, and although it had it's consequences, it was all for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.