main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If the theories about Rohlan are correct...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Commander5052, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    What's going to happen to him now?
    I'm more than a little upset that a character with as much potential as Rohlan has simply been shipped off to Coruscant with no mention of him since. Admittedly, Demagol is a pretty interesting character as well, but Rohlan's character was built up too much (IMO) in Flashpoint for him to be a one-time character.
    Thoughts?

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I really like both characters, and I'm glad they didn't space Demagol yet. I'm sure Rohlan will be back... he's too bad@$$ a fellow to receive the ax yet.

I'm wondering if anyone will think that Rohlan is Demagol (as in, the Jedi Council believing that the chap in Demogal's outfit is Demagol, not Rohlan, even when he takes the mask off).

3. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    I figure we'll get an ish or few about Rohlan and Lucien or something once it's revealed that Demagol's in that suit.

4. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    If the other theory about Demagol is correct, would he be a Muundalorian? :p

5. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Funny thing is, the only people that can clear Rohlan if he is indeed on Coruscant as "Demagal" are 1. Zayne...and his word isn't all that good right now 2. The Griff......whose word probably hasn't been good for decades 3. Camper.....who probably isn't going to see anything but the inside of a Adascorp lab and 4. Mandalorians.......who probably wouldn't be allowed to stop on Coruscant to identify the man and if they did, well, they'd probably finger him as the doctor. I'm thinking that Rohlan is not enjoying his time on Coruscant getting tried for Crimes against humanity.

6. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    I really don't think he's anything other than human...

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    He could be Arkanian. That would explain his medical persuits and his interest in Jariel. [face_thinking]

8. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    He's not a Muun, at the least. No way he'd be able to fit into his helmet, let alone Rohlan's, if he was.

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Squint's seen him. Squint would recognize Rohlan as Rohlan.

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    If Demagol left Rohlan in such a condition that when he arrives in Coruscant he can tell people about what he knows and suspects, then I guess that what he says will become one of the main reasons why the Jedi Council so strongly opposed joining the war against the Mandalorians and suspected that there was some great, unknown danger involved. In that case, we might not see him again at all, he could perhaps only be mentioned later.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I do believe Havac's right -- Squint does know who the real Rohlan is. I think.

Anyway, although I really really really really really want Demagol to be a Muun, I agree that he's more than likely not. He doesn't seem very tall, and Zayne was complaining about how he had to wear all of his clothes under Demagol's armor in order to get it to fit right, and even then it was too big. Not to mention we've got another evil Muun playing around with Midichlorian genetics already.

Furthermore, JJM probably knows that all Fandalorians are racists, and he wouldn't take the risk anyway. *runs*

12. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Read my sig. Now, going by American political stereotypes, what does that tell you about that statement?:p
    Regarding Squint, when did he see the real Rohlan? Was it in Commencement?

13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Rohlan will be back for sure. His history has been explained in Flashpoint, he has a good character depth... Just too good material to be only a one-episode-guy.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    That was pathetic.

15. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    You mean to tell me that a Muun would stay tall and lanky in the hard-fightin' hard-workin' world of the Mandalorians? I'd envision Mandalorian society as survival of the fittest. A Muundalorian would just have to buff up or die.

16. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Squint never saw Rohlan's face. The closest Squint got to Rohlan was at the time when Rohlan was quite possibly Demagal...if you are talking about things that happened on screen. The only time we saw Rohlan's face was onboard the Last Resort. The only other time that it can be considered that Rohlan's mask was off is if indeed Demagal did a suit switch......at which time only the two Mandies were in the room. You could consider it possible that Squint was scanning them to embed their personalities in the force, but I'm thinking that was the last thing on Squint's mind.

I will revise my statement to include Elbee, if in fact Elbee is functional or if he recorded Rohlan's image.

17. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Unless his body was surgically/genetically altered otherwise.

18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Dang, you're right. I thought that Rohlan had taken his mask off when he brought Zayne in, but I checked and he didn't.

19. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    That's what I'm assuming will happen. No one knows what Demagol really looks like.

Man, is that going to suck for Rohlan - trying to convince people that he's not the GFFA equivalent of Dr. Mengele.

I doubt it. He talks about the Arkanians as if he's long admired them from afar.

And is known to be crazy, to the degree that he's known at all.

If no one can vouch for him, and he's going to be tried for the crimes of Demagol, I would imagine that Zayne and Jarael at the very least are going to want to save him.

Can you see the Padawan killer of Taris staging a daring jailbreak to rescue a notorious war criminal, thereby proving himself to be the person the Covenant fears him to be, and a traitor to the Republic?

JJM has constructed this really, really well. His storytelling on this whole series is tight as a drum.

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh yeah. I'm very impressed by how incredibly well-constructed the whole plotline is; he has to have done a ton of planning beforehand.

21. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Absolutely.

22. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It'd thicken the plot, maybe make Zayne start to wonder...maybe he IS who they say he is...

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Why would he start to wonder? He's got enough naivete to know that he's doing the right thing, freeing a good guy, and minimizing collateral damage to the best of his ability.

If the Mandos happened to follow him there...

24. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Heh. So does Jacen, doesn't he? [face_mischief]

25. Alpha-02

Alpha-02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.