main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO If you could live in any time period, era, age, etc. ???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    So, I decide that money is the root of all evil and wondered what it would of been like to have traded for all you needed. Unfortunately you have to go back pretty far to get away from some form of currency. Hence, this thread.

If you could live in any time period, era or age, what would it be, where would it be and what would your occupation or skill be?

For me it is the Iron Age around 500BC.
    In Ireland with the Celts of course. They let women fight in battle, were matrilineal, women and children had rights, women had voices in political decisions and could rule. And of course they had beautiful artwork and jewelry.
    My occupation would be making jewelry mostly and since it is probably connected weapons. But, not necessarily the blacksmith as I would just want to do really intricate, beautiful stuff. LOL!

Disclaimer: I am not a history major or anything of the sort. I have always enjoyed reading about the Celts and what information I have listed might be wrong. But I don't care! So, if you feel the need to give me a history lesson, go ahead. But don't be offended if I choose to ignore you.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I can see you've had a long day Leash. ;) Hope it's getting better. :)

I would have to say, see ya, I'm off to the mid 16th century where I can have my swordfights and be a musketeer and chivalry reigns and all that stuff. :D

Either that, or I would live in the 1860s, in the Civil War days. Knowing my luck, I wouldn't last long (I'd get shot, get disease, etc.), but that's some of the most interesting years I've studied about, and as I read more and more about them, I respect them even more too. They seemed, I don't know, more civil towards each other back then...

3. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Scott, You would make a great musketeer!

Yeah, what ever happened to chivalry and honor? If only the people who did drivebys would instead meet somewhere and duel to the death with swords or an old fashioned Sharks and Jets street fight. Innocent bystanders wouldn't have to die.

4. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I have long admired England's Queen Elizabeth I. She lived from 1558 to 1603 and this would the time period I would like to go back to. There were great battles and was a time of 'forward' thinking! Of course this was not a time for the independent woman by any means, and there were only benefits for the rich but I am sure I would land on my feet. LOL

One of my favorite quotes was made by Elizabeth: "Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor." :D

5. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Gotta love a woman in power who knows how to use it! :D

6. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Ok so I would love would to be the age I am now in the 1950s because I love the frame of mind that the country was in and through the 1960's. Science was in full swing. The world was opening up and there wasn't this (in my opinion) over abunance of information. I would be better if I had the knowledge that I do in this time. cause I would totally be rich. Surf guitar ROCKS!!!!!!! Heck Yeah!

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I could live in a good deal of Japan's history. But not the US's or Europe's.

8. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm with Notclown-Joker. 50's, 60's would be cool. Or I'd prefer to take my chances with THE FUTURE!!!!!! I've always wanted to meet Judy Jetson. EP OP ORK AHH AHH !!!

I think it would be cool to visit different times in the past, but definitely would not want to live there. I'm way to accustom to indoor plumbing and a certain level of personal hygene (on myself and others) :)

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm with you there. I like my AC, toilets and the like too much to give it up. Since I'm not sure what the future holds I don't want to stay there either. Visiting a couple times sounds like fun, but only temporarily. Maybe the back way back, like before there were even people (I want to see the dinosaurs), Rome in all its glory, visit the Druids, see the US before it was discovered, the Vikings, so many possibilities.

10. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    *prances off to the Middle Ages* Before or after the Black Plague, thanks.

11. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Very cool so far!!! But, what kind of job/art/skill would you do?

Oh, loving the Ventures Chris!

And to tell you the truth the future scares me a little. We will live to see 100 or more or will all the freaky, mutated strains of viruses and diseases kill us off. We seem to be able to cure one thing and something new and worse pops up. Personally I don't want to live to be 100 unless I can do all the things I can do now, without much pain or discomfort. Of course I am looking forward to dentures. It will be the first time I have straight, pretty, white teeth. LOL!:D

12. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Astronaut, because they where heroes then. Noone seems to care anymore.

Are you Man or Astroman? Dick Dale is pretty awesome as well.

13. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Astronaut?! Cool!

Dick Dale rocks too! Dick Dale used to play at Mississippi Nights all the time, now I think he plays the Pageant. Jeremy thinks he is playing this month or next.

14. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    You two may be the only people in the world who will recognize one of my most obscure Christmas CD's -

Christmas with the Ventures!!!!!!

Yep, I too, am a closet surf guitar fan. ( I got it from my Dad, he used to play the Ventures all the time when I was little) Still love playing Walk Don't Run with the windows down in the summertime.

Once saw Dick Dale at Mississppi Nights - I can't remember when, but I believe it was before Pulp Fiction intorduced him to a new audience.

15. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Tim, I have got to get a copy of that! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.