main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series If you could only pick 6 episodes of TCW & 6 episodes of Rebels to show someone else...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ghost, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So, I'm going to rewatch the saga (so far) with a friend. I want to introduce him to The Clone Wars and Rebels, and fit them between AOTC/ROTS and ROTS/ANH.

But I know it won't happen if I try to watch the entire TV series with him. So I want to treat each like a 3-hour "mini-movie"... and show him
    1. 6 episodes of the Clone Wars
    2. 6 episodes of Rebels

But which episodes should I choose?

For TCW, I'm thinking of the 3 Yoda/Whill episodes (though I'm open to alternatives), but not sure which else. (I think I'm going to stay away from the Mortis or Maul episodes since they might raise too many unanswered questions... but I'm open to changing my mind.)

For Rebels, I have no idea how to condense it to a few key episodes. (Again, think I'm going to stay away from the Maul episodes... but I'm open to changing my mind.)

Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    cwustudent and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Six episodes?
    TCW

Lawless
    The Deserter
    Brothers
    Alter of Mortis
    Rookies
    Bounty

Rebels
    Spark of Rebellion
    Rise of the Old Masters
    The Seige of Lothal
    Twilight of the Apprentice
    The Holocrons of Fate
    DUME

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    TCW (Selecting only six special episodes is difficult):
    1. Lawless - (Sids vs. Maul and Savage; 'nuff said)
    2. Kidnapped - (You see Anakin's reaction when he learns Zygerrian slavers are responsible for the attack on the people of Kiros)
    3. The Wrong Jedi - (You see Anakin's disappointed reaction as the Jedi Council, who he's had doubts to begin with, turns their back on his Padawan and she leaves the Order.
    4. Tipping Points - (In the last of the Onderon arc, you see the remnants of a fledgling rebellion; where Saw Gerrera makes his mark
    5. Destiny - Yoda passes tests as he locates the origins of the Force
    6. Sacrifice - Yoda faces his final test; he goes up against both Sidious and Dooku and learns that no matter who wins the Clone Wars, there will one day be a new hope

Rebels
    1. Spark of Rebellion - (Kanan uses his lightsaber for the first time; revealing a Jedi has survived Order 66)
    2. Rise of the Old Masters - (You learn the fate of Luminara Unduli)
    3. Fire Across the Galaxy - (The mysterious figure known only as "Fulcrum" is revealed to be Ahsoka; Tarkin assigns Vader to hunt the rebels)
    4. A Princess on Lothal - You see Leia in her pre-OT form; as a young leader in her own right using her status to assist the fledgling rebellion
    5. Twilight of the Apprentice - Essentially the defining episode of Rebels; Ezra and the party meet Darth Maul, and Vader confronts his former Padawan in a climactic scene
    6. Family Reunion and Farewell - This is really an essential episode primarily for the epilogue; where you learn what happens to everyone beyond the Battle of Endor.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    TCW
    Ambush - highlights Yoda, Clones. A bit of the politics of the war.
    Liberty on Ryloth - Mace, Cham, good ol' warfare
    Cat and Mouse - probably the best space battle. (IMO)
    ARC Troopers - more good ol' warfare, but this time highlighting the clones.
    Lawless - Obi Wan, Mandalorian Civil War, Maul and Savage vs Sidious
    The Wrong Jedi - Ahsoka's fate, highlights Anakin.

Rebels
    Call to Action - pivotal moment in the show
    Siege of Lothal - Vader.
    Antilles Extraction - highlighting recruitment for the rebellion
    Secret Cargo - the birth of the Rebel Alliance
    Heroes of Mandalore - what are the Mando's up to during the GCW, Sabine's arc
    In the Name of the Rebellion - Rogue One tie-in. IMO the most important story of the show.

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Thanks!

Any more suggestions?

6. Libs

Libs Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 17, 2018

I'm actually going through the same thing right now where I'm sort of preparing a list of CW list for me and me' dad for when Ep9 comes out. So maybe you and me can both help each other out [face_blush]

My favorite aspect of the franchise has always been the unexplained mystificism of the Force. I'm perfectly cool with concept of Midichlorians, explaining the biological aspect, but my interest mainly goes towards the things that we quite do and quite do not understand about the Force

after all the things that are left both mysterious and ambigious are the things that can leave us pondering until the end of time if we want to. No right or wrong, just what sits best with us and maybe other people as well.

In that regard I think the Yoda Whills arc is an absolute must and I think the Mortis arc as well.
    It gives us both a larger view of the Force while at the same time triggers our own imagination to find answers and meaning

Then I think we should take advantage of what expanded universes such as the show can do. Provide more character development for our heroes/villains that were either skipped over or underdeveloped in the movies.

Anakin or Vader is either the most central figure of the saga or at best the second most.
    Giving us the greater insight into his descent of the Dark Side will only enhance not only the PT, and the OT but also I think the ST, making characters such as Kylo Ren easier to understand or perhaps relate too.

Long story short, I need help in deciding which TCW episodes adds the most weight in Anakins fall from hero to monster.
    Probably the Ashoka leaving episode is the strongest candidate, any more suggestions? ;p

Ghost likes this.
  7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^The "Obi-Wan goes undercover" episodes maybe. And the episodes with Rush Clovis.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Libs

Libs Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 17, 2018

Yeah definiatly, those were in my mind as well. ^^
    I've never watched TCW whole the way through but I've seen so many clips on Youtube with Anakin mourning Obi Wan's "death" ( which is as a guy like Palpatine would find ironic ;) in hindsight ) him going ape**** on anyone he suspects, not getting 'no' for an answer
    Such good material, damn

And the one where he catches Clovis invading on his Padme without her permission. Beating him into a pulp even without his 'Jedi tricks'

really reinforced that if you touch his loved ones, he'll give you an relentless and irrational ass whooping

9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think with TCW...it would be more about storylines.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I would argue that was Anakin's breaking point; at least since the death of his mother. Even with regards to the Obi-Wan cover-up, they still had a somewhat logical explanation for him as to why they didn't keep him in the loop. They really wanted to make Kenobi's death believable.

11. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    You can just focus on the episodes that build up Anakin/Ahsoka relationship to get the most dramatic impact out of their breakup at the end.

So maybe the movie, Storm Over Ryloth, Brain Invaders and the 4 episodes of the Wrong Jedi arc. There is also Cargo of Doom, Weapons Factory and Padawan Lost/ Wookiee Hunt for more Anakin/Ahsoka moments.

Additionally if you want more juicy Anakin moments, there is also the Mortis trilogy, the Slavery arc, the Obi-Wan undercover arc and the Clovis arc.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The Slavery arc as a whole was certainly an important one in terms of Anakin's progression. Obviously he tried to suppress those feelings of anger/revenge that he had initially at the loss of his mother, who was a slave until the day she died. The first sight of the Zygerrian brought back bitter memories for sure.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    La Calavera likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Very much cherry picking for Vader/Ahsoka and Maul centric, climaxing with Twilight of the Apprentice and two wrap ups. I'd say those 3 characters are the uber-arc that crosses both Clone Wars and Rebels

TCW

Mortis arc (3 eps, Vader tease)
    Lawless (Maul's last hurrah on CW)
    The Wrong Jedi (Ahsoka Last Hurrah)
    Sacrifice (Yoda and Force ghosts, ties back to mortis at least thematically)

Rebels
    Siege of Lothal (2 parter so 2 eps, Vader)
    Twilight of the Apprentice (also 2 parter so 2 eps, Vader/Maul/Ahsoka)
    Twin Suns (Maul v Obi-Wan)
    World Between Worlds (hey, Ahsoka alive again! And mortis!)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    La Calavera likes this.
  14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Anakin's mum wasn't a slave until the day she died. Cliegg Lars freed her and married her after he bought her from Watto. We don't know when exactly this happened after TPM, but theoretically she could have been freed a month after Anakin left with Qui-Gon, so she potentially could have had up to 10 good years as a free person with a husband and foster son that loved her.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok, but he still had enough reasons to feel spiteful against slavers.

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Of course.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Mortis trilogy and Mauldalore trilogy for TCW.

For Rebels, I know Twilight of the Apprentice would be there for sure. Shroud of Darkness from S2 as well. World Between Worlds as well. S3 finale too where Thrawn owns everyone. And for the last one, the one where Ahsoka fights the 2 Inquisitors.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    I don't think I can narrow it down to six episodes for TCW, so I'll list six arcs:

- Nightsisters arc (season 3)
    - Mortis arc (season 3)
    - Umbara arc (season 4)
    - Darth Maul and Death Watch arc (season 5)
    - Ahsoka on the run arc (season 5)
    - Mysteries of the force arc (season 6)

Also gotta cheat a little for Rebels:
    - Path of the Jedi (season 1)
    - The Future of the Force (season 2)
    - Shroud of Darkness (season 2)
    - Twilight of the Apprentice (season 2)
    - Twin Suns (season 3)
    - Wolves and a Door/A World Between Worlds (season 4)