main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards If you want to vote for the 2007 Fan Fiction Awards....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Voter_Registration, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voter_Registration

Voter_Registration Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2006
    Then you must register to vote, if you haven't already.

Last year we started registering to be able to vote in the fanfic awards. This was done so the mods could do sock checks and complete them before time came to count votes. It did help all involved in the awards.

How do you register?

Easy. Just PM this sock Voter_Registration with a blurb that you're registering to vote.

Once the mod checks out the uername, you will be added to the list from last year. You will only get a response from the sock or a mod if there are any questions we have.

If you registered last year, you need not do a thing. You would still be on the list. :)

Remember, you must register to have your votes count.

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm surprised this thread wasn't stickied. =)

3. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I think we have enough stickies for now, don't we? ;)

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Took the words right out of my mouth :p Something else would need to come down before adding another sticky. I suppose the old FAQ and the new one could replace it, if the mods were interested in stickying it.

5. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Alexis is probably just worried about this falling off the first page for the new members who haven't registered...

So with that in mind... up!;)

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Yeah, there are five stickies plus the voting up on top now. Another one would be a bit much. Perhaps after the voting. And maybe the Awards info could temporarily take the place of the Fan Fiction Update thread?

7. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Fear not, I'll unsticky the poll and sticky this one later on, so the new folk can see it.

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wasn't the voting registration thread stickied on each Saga board last year? Or am I just thinking of the awards information thread?

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Please remember folks. :) :)

If you registered last year, you need not do a thing. You would still be on the list.

10. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    =) I just can't remember if I was on the list last year, I know I didn't pay as much attention to the last go around as I had in the past.

Edit: Thanks for clearing up my little problem Leona, it's much appreciated.

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    NO worries at all.

Everyone that was on last year is registered to vote. If you don't remember if your voted, than by all means PM the sock.

Better safe than sorry.

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was concerned about. :)

Now, I have a couple silly questions , just when are these awards taking place again? Also, I PMed the sock, but have not recieved word on if I was accepted and put on the list.

13. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Um... soon... We'll let you know as soon as we've decided on the dates! :)

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think the way it worked last year was that if your PM was opened, you're on the list, but they're not sending back confirmation PMs :)

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Ok, so that's why I haven't seen the dates... I thought I was just overlooking something. :p

Oh, ok. *Runs off the thread to look at her sent PM's to see if it's been opened* :D

16. reagan64

reagan64 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2006
    If we register, are we obligated to vote for every category? I'm not always at making up my mind.

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    No, you're not :) Just the catagories you want to; on the PM you send in (or the sheet you fill out, however they're doing it this year . . .) You just leave the catagories you don't want to do blank :)

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
  19. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Once we're registered where do we vote, and where do we see what's been nominated already?

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Each era has its own thread with instructions and a list of nominees. Right now Saga is the only one already in progress, but Before will start next week, and Beyond the week after that. All the socks will be VIPed so you can find their threads easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.