main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Holiday Inn City Center...Post Here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    The employees in this hotel were super nice & helpful. We arrived at 11 am on Wednesday and were allowed to check-in a few hours early. The housekeeping staff did a great job. The valet service was quick. And an employee even printed out our boarding passes with no hassle.

We didn't hang out at the hotel because we were either at the con or touring L.A. Although I believe the bar on the 2nd floor was packed each time I passed by it.

The best thing about our room was the shower. The water pressure was so strong, it became my personal massager. I must've taken hour-long sessions. The drainage was so efficient, not an ounce of accumulation. And the hot water never ran out.

Also the short walk to the con was definitely worth it.

Start saving for CV Everyone!

2. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I cant agree with Miarama more...

The showers were awesome, great for a prego woman who walked around all day!!!

The staff was excellent and room service was efficient and so was the restaurant. I had no complaints, except for the channels on the TV, they sucked, thank goodness for laptops...lol.

I was glad to meet some of you in the bar, it was nice to put a face with all the verbage on the threads.

Cant wait to meet you all again at C5!!!

3. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    just got back from LA and am home now in Australia-and boy did that all go quick!!!
    Was lucky to meet a few guys on the tues night before the marathon wednes morning!!
    Had a gr8 time-flights were very good,walking was fine,actually lost weight from lack of sleep,eat,lol.
    staff were gr8 and helpful,specially the blonde girl behind the desk ;)
    shame i didnt get to meet more of u guys,maybe C5 ;)

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    ooc, what part of australia do you call home?

5. glennfett

Feb 17, 2002
    Newcastle :)

6. Grog_Starkiller

Grog_Starkiller Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2006
    Well my journey is complete. 15 Days and about 4800 Driving miles later.Here is my story as some my know I left Ohio on Sat. May 19th I stopped in Oklahoma the 1st night.The 2nd night I stopped just outside of Winslow, AZ.Making a few route 66 stops along the way.I made a stop at the Meteor creater between Winslow and Flafstaff, AZ.I arrived in L. A. at the Holiday Inn about 5:30 on Monday the 20th. On Tuesday I went to Hollywood and did some site seeing, walk of fame etc.Wensday of course I made thru the 6-movie marathon WOO HOO!Thursday Fan day at con stood in line for about 3-hours to get in. Met MR. Skinnee thanks for the DVD man!Then stood in line to get stuff, went to CIV store at 3pm and zipped thru!!Only was not able to get lapel pin and patch!Friday more line standing got my Gentle Giant stuff.Went to Opening Ceremonies RocketMan cool ,but very loud!Sat. went late not to stand in line but was able to get good shots of RocketMan out front before doors opened.Went to Carrie Fisher thing and met amidalla at hotel bar thanks for the fan badge got lots of complements on it.Rest of weekend enjoyed con tried to get some collector panel medallions got 4 of them.Went to Rebel Leagion party but they ran out of food twice while I was in line!! I left early but still missed Fan movie awards bummer.Had a Great Time even wth all the standing, sitting and walking.On Tue. the 29th I headed home to Ohio went to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon on the way i finally arrived home about 9:00 tonight.Would like to do it again but I hope it is closer to home next time. Come on INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post link to pics as soon as I get them up!!
    Greg Wroten/Grog_Starkiller

7. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Thanks Grog...yes the badges were widely known, was asked about them the second I got into the Con.

I wished I could have met more of you, but there is another hope....C5!!!

LOVE YA GUYS!!!

8. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    You're not the same glenn from Newcastle that knows a Caroline from the Hunter Valley, are you?

9. glennfett

Feb 17, 2002
    I am THAT Glenn-although i have NEVER met her before-i know of her and after 3 yrs and being so close to meeting her-we still havent met!!!Any chance you can help me out at all???I found out about her through my local comic shop-then i seen her on Tv when she was waiting in line for ROTS at Manns!!!When i went to C3,i did a Contiki tour after it which took me to Hollywood,alas she was asleep when i went to meet her.The next time i seen her was at Syd airport a week and a half ago-i didnt know it was her,lol,but i had a feeling-she was wearing The Crow jumper.Met her friend Kate at LA airport,and subsequently i never got the chance to meet carolyne still...lol.DO u know of her???can you help :)

10. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Thats just funny. But yeah.... always in motion her plans are, but PMed you about it as well

11. glennfett

Feb 17, 2002
    cheers for that Lowbacca ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.