main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Hotel Figueroa, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I believe this was asked before in a different thread:

Does anybody know approximately how far away the Fig is from LAX? And how long the cab ride is expected to be?

Thanks.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    $42.00 flat fee from LAX on Yellow Cabs, to downtown. It's 16 miles.

3. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks, Val.

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I may not being going at all now but I'll post more on that later. If not, I may have a room available at the Fig if anyone is interested. I'm assuming I can transfer it to another name. We'll see. I'll know more in the coming weeks.

5. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things work out so you'll be able to attend. Think positive thoughts.[face_good_luck]

6. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Oh goodie! Looks like the Fig thread is off and running again! :D

Oh no Grumpy_Jedi! I hope you are able to attend! [face_worried] I know you have been looking forward to it!

Amidala081499, thanks for the advice! I still have not decided whether to take a taxi or a shared van. It is really getting from the Fig to the airport the morning I leave which worries me. I hear LAX check-in and security lines are a nightmare. Add to that the legendary LA traffic. Oh no! Am I getting negative! Sorry! [face_batting]

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Our flight home on Tuesday May 29th is at 11:00am PST. Taking into account the expected morning traffic and long lines at LAX, we are checking out of the Figueroa at 8:00am. That should give us plenty of time (we hope) to arrive at LAX and be ready for our flight back home.

8. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Hi everyone! It?s been awhile but now that I have plane tickets and I?ve recently re-confirmed my reservation at the Fig, I?m posting again.

Amidala081499 is still a Figueroan ? who happens to be staying at the Holiday Inn. ;)

Grumpy_Jedi, I hope you will be able to go. [face_good_luck]

Mr. Uno suggested taking Super Shuttle to/from LAX for $15. I think that's $15 each way; I'll have to check it out.

9. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Welcome back, Anapad_Nabooine! Yeah, the only thing I haven't planned out yet is airport transportation to and from the Fig. Let's hope more folks post in the coming weeks/months and we can collectively figure out the best bet.

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Our top priority for CIV was securing a room at a hotel within walking distance of the convention. We stayed 20 minutes away for C3 and had to rent a car, which is something we did not want to do for CIV. When we saw the Figueroa was a 5 minute walk from the LACC, we jumped right on it and booked our room. So we will be taking the shuttle from LAX to the Figueroa as well.

Regardless of what the shuttle charges, it will still be way cheaper than having to rent a car for the week, especially since the convention falls on a holiday weekend. I can only imagine what the rental car fees would be in LA during a holiday weekend, plus the cost of gas...

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Anapad - I had to change hotels because I have my two kids with me and the Fig is not kid equipt. They told me there is barely enough space to move around and if you have kids and keep them boxed up all day in a conventions center, later on they will need to move. So, even though I may be staying at the Holiday Inn, I did post about the Fig and helped people get rooms. Also, I made the original Fig badge, which I changed because of money constraints. So, I may not be staying at the Fig but my heart is still there and so many of you have been so kind as to allow me to keep my honorary Fighood...lol.

Badges begin shipping by the end of this week. So look for them in your mailbox!!!

LOVE YA GUYS!!!

12. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It looks like I'll be staying at the Fig now. :) I'm rooming with someone who has reservations, and I'll be there for a couple of says to cover it for my college newspaper. (I'm also using the trip to take the family to Disneyland.) So I'll be there for a couple of days, camera in hand. :D

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Guys,

Since I moved to the Holiday Inn, I will have an open reservation for the Fig.

I do not want to transfer the reservtion until I confirm mine with the hotel in another month. However, if you are interested please PM me and I will keep you up to date when to transfer the reservation.

I want to give this reservation out to someone on TF.N instead of to the general concensus, so as to help out another fan!!!

Love ya guys!!!

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm bunking with Reble Mom so there's going to be another res open - I'll e-mail them tonight. It's for the day before til the tuesday am.

I think there will be a lot of shifting around so if you are still looking to try to stay at the fig, keep an ear out!!

Edit: OK, sent the e-mail - who ever was next on the waiting list should hear back soon.

15. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Still staying at the fig. LOL No plans on leaving, especially since this seems to be the cheapest one out there at the time. LOL Besides, I have given myself to the fig.

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Wish we could still stay at the Fig, but when you got kids they dictate everything. If only their rooms were big enough for my kids to romp around, so sad, so very sad!!!

On a good note...I can visit...and to those of you who wanna still get together, the Fig is right across the street from the Holiday Inn, so I am there!!!

LOVE YA GUYS!!!

17. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am still all for having a get together and meeting those who are staying and arn't stayin at the fig. no matter what e should all at least meet!

18. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm still staying at the Fig. Just have to confirm my reservation and I am all set. Badge, Plane tix and hotel have all been taken care of. I can't wait! Should be a wonderful weekend!

19. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Will everyone be in town Thursday for the first day of the convention? Maybe we could gather together that evening in one of the funky public rooms at the Fig...and at the Holiday Inn. It would be fun to meet all my fellow Jedis, have a few sips, compare lightsabers and speeders, contemplate why Sidious never kept his plastic surgery appointment that time [face_thinking] ...and debate the merits and/or demerits of that queen of all 'Mary Sues', Mara Jade :confused:.

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'll be flying in on Tuesday afternoon, so I'm good for whatever time it is decided to all meet.

The first round of "blue milk" is on me. :cool:

21. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Vadersmistress66 here, staying at the Fig w/ another member of my FF and my totally non-SW boyfriend. It's going to be funny (the look on his face, he has nooo idea what he's in for)! Checking in on Wens the 23rd, out on the 29th...

22. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Had to change my reservation. I will now be arriving on the 23 and leaving on the 28.

23. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I ended up changing my reservation.

We are staying at the Lemon Tree in Anaheim 21-24 and we check into the Fig on 24th and check out on the 29th. I decided that I am okay with being at the con for only half the day on Thursday. I think that I will probably only go every other day unless there is something I really have to see everyday. I absolutely hate lines, so it is an oddity for me to travel during the peak times of the year. That, and this will probably be the only time I will go to LA so there are other things I want to see/do as well.

24. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
  25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Dude, say it ain't so!!! [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.