main
side
curve

If You're Staying at the Hotel Figueroa, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm sorry. I was quoting Grumpy from last week. I was just expressing my emotions on him not being able to go.

Angry, worried, not talking and back to angry.

We still love him though.

2. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I thought you were at the Omni. Is this a secret code message to see if people are paying attention? :)

Anyway, I hope things work out.

edit: I knew that sounded familiar. As usual I was interrupted while replying and my response was lagging! [face_blush]

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh ok. Whew, close one there.

4. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah I'm still in. I have WAY TOO MANY things planned already. Now my wife is trying to get me to go see Judge Judy. :_|

So, I hope I don't lose anyone else. We are too close for people to bail out now.

Althought, it's not like there won't be 30,000 more excited fans.

5. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Sounds like you've got a busy plate scheduled for your CIV trip, pwinkle. Just make sure you budget enough time to see everything at the con! :)

6. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I will. I'm going to move teh rest of my response to the social thread.

7. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    getting back to the Fig topic - is it the bottom line that rooms will have no access to a fridge? looking for ways to save $ on food, I am.

8. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    "Red 5 standing by............."

Uh, I mean,

Jay Tee standing by.

The Force is at the Figueroa. I'm there 23rd until the 29th.

I wish I was arriving in time for the entire movie marathon. Alas, even if I bother to make it at all, I will probably have missed at least half of it by then.

For those who attend the whole thing, don't forget your commemorative badge or pin or whatever it is they give out!

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    When I made my Figueroa reservation, I asked about having a fridge. I was told that every available room has a fridge in it and a hair dryer.

10. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Yay! That'll be a big help financially.

11. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I've got a free room, we had some people in our group cancel, if anyone wants/needs it I'll be happy to transfer it, otherwise I'm just going to cancel the reservation.

12. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    My roommate and I have a 1-3AM Celebration Store reservation for early Friday morning. (The first available as of yesterday afternoon...) Are we crazy to go out at that hour? Will the walk from the Fig back to the convention center be safe? Any one else staying at the Fig have the same insane time? 8-}

13. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Poor Lufta, how did you get that horrible time?

I would say travel in a small group. I mean I am not saying that you will be unsafe, but any big city at that time of the night is not good. If you see a group of people going from your hotel to the convention center just ask if you can walk with them for safety. I have a good feeling that noone is going to turn you down.

Just be aware of your surroundings and be aware that you may be taunted by on-lookers because most people out at that time of the evening are not into Star Wars and may pick on you, this happened to a few people I know in Indy, but it was more like comments and no confrontation.

14. FlyingCasual805

FlyingCasual805 Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2007
    Hey y'all! I've just decided this week that I'm going to CIV and I'm so excited! So now I'm looking for a room -and roommates so I can cut the costs of the trip as much as possible! Is anyone looking for another roommie??!! I'm a 41yr old single mom, non-smoker, usually pretty quiet until someone starts talking about Star Wars! My current plans are to go from the 22nd-29th.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Just as a heads-up: I received a phone call earlier this morning from Uno at the Figueroa confirming the details of my reservation. He was extremely polite on the phone and wished me good luck on my travel. That really put me in a good mood knowing I was 100% set with my reservation.

So hopefully he will be getting around to calling more fans to confirm their rooms.

16. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    LOL...Justin he called me around 3:31 today.

I told him the reservations were still up in the air. I wanted to give the reservation to someone on the forumns instead of a joe schmoe. So, I told him that if I do not hear from anyone by next Tuesday, I would cancel my reservation. Uno did say that there is a waiting list to get into the hotel, so my guess is that it is going to be a packed house.

So, that being said, is there anyone who want a Fig reservation? PM me if you want it!!!

17. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I also received the confirmation call from Uno earlier today. He was very kind to me on the phone and even asked how I was getting to the hotel from the airport. I told him I would probably check into a cab or shuttle and he recommended my taking the Super Shuttle to the hotel as the best transportation from the airport. He was extremely polite and helpful.

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Uno called my friend today to confirm our reservations. My friend told him that of the 4 rooms he reserved, 3 were going to be transfered to different names for those of us taking the rooms off his hands. In addition, he told Uno that their room might also be transfered to another name as he isn't 100% sure he is going. Apparently Uno didn't like that, told him he shouldn't be acting as an agent for other people, that all 4 reservations were cancelled, and promptly hung up the phone.

What a &!@#%*) nice guy! :mad:

I'm sure Uno isn't losing any sleep after being such a jackass knowing that he can sell those reservations to the next people on the waiting list for a much higher price....

19. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    OH MY GOSH...HE DID'NT!!!

That was not right at all, I mean if you already purchased tickets and transporation and then you have no room, what the heck!!!

He was very nice to me. However, the hotel prices have gone up since we all booked our rooms, so I am wondering if maybe he cancelled your reservation because he could make more money. I personally do not know, but this is unexpected and unfortunate.

What will you guys do if you cant find a room? I mean that could be a problem for you. Dang, Frack, this is terrible.

If I can help ya out I will!!!

20. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    My roommate and I have a 1-3AM Celebration Store reservation for early Friday morning. (The first available as of yesterday afternoon...) Are we crazy to go out at that hour? Will the walk from the Fig back to the convention center be safe? Any one else staying at the Fig have the same insane time?

aye - I am there at that time too! I'm hoping that Official Pix and Gen Con will cut us some slack and allow us to pick up tix etc early (Tuesday p.m, I'm hoping) as Wednesday is totally booked for the movie marathon.
    and that was the next time available.....I want to be in the store before the hordes of the Hoth descend.

21. Anapad Nabooine

Jun 19, 2005
    I have an 11pm(Thur) to 1am(Fri) Celebration Store reservation and while it's not an ideal time, I was thinking that there would be lots of fans milling about since the Fig is only about a block or so from the convention center.

22. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    yeah, I got 9-11 on Thurs. I figure there will still be quite a few people milling around.

23. Anapad Nabooine

Jun 19, 2005
    I have no idea what I want to buy! I just figured I'd reserve a time as early during the convention as I could just in case. I'm not going to have a large bankroll for collectibles but what I'm interested in right now is something simple that was probably abundant during Celebration I and that's Podracer Ani close-up t-shirts. Since this is a celebration of the entire saga, I hope that there will be some Phantom Menace merchandise. Also, more Padmé items in general would be nice.

24. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Well I just talked to Uno, and he was very pleasant. He also asked how I was getting to and from the airport. I have heard other horror stories about him canceling reservations for no reason. I word of caution I wuold not try to cram the room full of people; I have heard that he is willing to throw everyone out if you have more then 4 in the room.

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I've heard they will not check you in if you have 4 people. Their rooms only hold 2 or 3 people, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.