main
side
curve

If You're Staying at the Hotel Figueroa, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Yes, yes....sounds like fun. I am sure (hope) we will all meet before that. Does everyone have their namebadges printed up?

2. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I have to get my badge printed out. I will hopefully be getting that done soon.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I were planning on walking to the Omni from the Fig, but the distance was greater than we had expected. The Omni is over a mile away (1.2 to be exact) from the Fig, and that just won't fly well with me at 5:30 in the morning. ;)

Hopefully we can all grab a shuttle from the LACC to the Omni. I'm definitely up for going as one large Fig crowd on Friday morning.

4. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    We printed badges up for our club, but I've still got to do the fan force one with our names though. We are going to both breakfasts - and I think my friend has rented an SUV-like vehicle. Depending on how many people are going, maybe we could all go that way.

5. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Agreed...There be costumes that are needin' a finishin!

6. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    That would be great!

7. DARTHVADERUSA

DARTHVADERUSA Jedi Master

Jun 1, 2002
    My son & I also will be going to breakfast friday. A mile walk that early doesn't sound like fun. Maybe we can get a minivan for the group?

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I believe there will be a shuttle service to/from the LACC to the Omni. So at worst, we could all use that mode of transportation to/from the breakfasts since we are only 2 blocks away from the LACC.

9. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
  10. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    so did anyone else have the problem with them charging you for your first night without telling you?

I mean, I dont arrive for a week and a half, and there's this mysterious charge from the Fig on my statement.. I called and they said it's a hold fee. I was rather annoyed, I get paid right before c4 and that 300 bucks was going to go for my car payment.

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The Fig called me a few days ago to let me know they were going to charge my card. They verified my reservation details & room rate and then went ahead and charged my card the next day.

No big deal to me. In fact, it made me rest very easy knowing my reservation was all good to go.

12. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Same here. It's a deposit for the room. When I booked it, I remembered reading something about them charging you one night if you canceled after two weeks before the reservation - but didn't remember reading that they went ahead and charged it upfront. When they called, they were nice about it though and it make me feel pretty much like JediJustin - at least I know for sure I've got a room!

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yep, I thought they were going to charge me about a week before, not two. Made me overdraft :(

14. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    well I AM very happy that I have a room, it's not really a problem I just wish they'd notified me.

I'm excited though! it's gonna rock!

So do we have any formal plans to meet up and socialize at the fig bar? My group is checking in Monday, so we'll be around :)

15. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    Out of curiosity I just called the Fig and re-confirmed my reservation as well as to check if they had already charged my deposit, which they did. Everything is a go for me :)

Edit:

Tofu, do we really need any formal plans? We've got the whole darn hotel. I'm pretty sure we'll all be rosey cheeked for the duration of the stay. Just head on down and look for the FF badges! hehehe

16. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    lol good plan. note to self: make FF badge :p

17. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking. The Fig (hopefully) will be the place to be after the con.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Our group canceled our reservation at the Fig now we are at the Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown

19. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    My group has also canceled our stay at the Fig. We have now moved to the Bonaventure.

20. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Sorry to hear you folks will not be joining us at the Fig! :(

I, too, just called the Fig to confirm - I called the toll-free number - and they said the reservations folks were not available at this time. (I have not been charged yet and this worries me....) They transfered my call to Uno's answering machine. Yikes! [face_worried] I left a very polite message (and talked v-e-r-y slowly as he requested in his out-going message) and left my information. I hope he responds soon. [face_praying]

Anyone else out there have a reservation, but have not been charged yet?

21. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I did not recieve a call to give me the heads up I was being charged, but after checking my credit card activity online it was charged yesterday. Just have patience, I know I was not in a hurry to have a CIV balance on my card already. Ah but I am sure it is just the beginning!

22. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    JediYvette and I are the other 2 staying with AmmersVI at the Fig! We're pretty much it female-wise for the Seattle FF! :p

JF

23. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Well H-E-L-L-O Farfy!!

24. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am staying with Tofu so Iknow my room is secure. :D That comes with having awesome friends. :D Can't wait to meet everyone though
    This will be awesome!

25. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I'm quoting myself, how lame is that! Anywho...I have not heard back from Uno, but he did charge my card. So I will take that as a confirmation! I can't believe it - we are so close to going! Soon, it will be a week away! Get those namebadges ready! I have mine taped to the back of my badge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.