main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Hotel Figueroa, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBarbieDoll

DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    After having reserved my room nearly a year ago, I had to cancel it for personal reasons but I'm staying with some friends at another hotel now.

2. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Sorry to hear you had to cancel.
    Nice to see you finally made it to the virtual Fig hotel Farfy!
    I just checked my balance and I was charged just this weekend for my first nights stay. They didn't notify me before hand but at least I know I'm staying there for sure now.
    [face_peace] I made my FF badge and I'm all set. Look forward to seeing you fellow
    Star Wars Fig-eans. :p

3. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    ok I'm starting to get really excited!! I check in exactly one week from today!! :)

I hope the tv has a/v hookups..

4. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004

According to Trip Advisor we'd be lucky to have remote controls and basic channels, let alone inputs. I have a feeling theyre old style TVs with just a coax in. Bring an RF converter maybe and hope they don't catch you doin stuff?

5. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    I have an adapter so we can connect a/v to a laptop, so hopefully that'll do in case there's no a/v. I'll cry if there's not though :p

6. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004
    I've got adapters of all shapes and sizes. But I'll be damned if I'm lugging my entire junk drawer with me to Cali :p

If need be, I can deal with suffering through watching stuff on a laptop screen, as that's what we're bringing with us.

7. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Lufta Shif, is your room secured? Friendly concern. :)

I called the Fig's main number a few days ago to confirm my reservation and was told that the first night had been charged the day before. At least I know I have the room but I didn't know they were going to do this. It could've messed up my finances big time but thank God it was okay. They really should inform people of this procedure at the time they make the reservation.

Hey, next week is the 'thingy,' y'all! Is everyone excited?

8. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Woo hoo! I am! :D

BTW, anyone know if there will be any access to irons or steamers? I might have to take out a few folds in my costmes.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Don't most hotel rooms come with irons? I could be wrong, but I thought they did.

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, but I think the Fig is a whole 'nother story... LOL. Iron and ironing board -- they might keep one on hand for guests; you'll just have to enquire when you get there.

11. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Sorry to hear some people have had to cancel at the Fig.

I think the Figueroa will be the hotel to be at , without a doubt. :)

It looks like there is a great group of people that will staying and I am sure when I check in on next Wednesday I will see some happy and friendly SW fans hanging out.

Look forward to meeting everyone. :)

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    So I should bring my own hair dryer then? :p

13. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I would if i were you. Bring anything you think you will need. It is a very nice hotel, neat, but it is very old!!!

14. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Uno never called me back, but he did charge my card. I will take that as a yes....or perhaps I should call him again? Part of me does not want to tick him off! :(

Wow! One week from now we will be there! I can't it! I remember when we all booked this place almost a year ago! Unreal!

15. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    They're using my sister's card, so I don't know if they've charged us yet, but I'll have her check. As for irons, we're probably all friends with someone who will be staying in one of the nicer hotels. You can always take the shuttle up to the Westin and borrow a friend's iron.

I love how we're all on a first name basis with Uno, he's so... weird.

16. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    I heard this places isnt that bad and a pretty cool place to have a few pops @

17. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I must be the only person who actually hasn't dealt with Uno - I've only emailed/talked to Elyse Omori. She's been very nice and I've never had any problems with her. Wonder how I got lucky... ;)

18. Darth_Nevoc

Dec 26, 2004
    I spoke to Uno once when he called me to confirm in March. All other times I've either spoken with or e-mailed Elyse, and you're right. She's an absolute sweetheart. A Yin to Uno's Yang.

oh that sounded wrong...

19. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Uno was really nice to me on the phone, he complimented my name, which is weird. His tone of voice is just... crazy. I don't know. It feels like I'm checking in to some scary murder mystery hotel.

20. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    FIGUEROA HOTEL
    (Downtown) - Accommodations: Downtown
    939 S. Figueroa St.
    Los Angeles, CA 90015

Toll-free: 800.421.9092
    Phone: 213.627.8971
    Fax: 213.689.0305

Very popular 12 story 285 room hotel located in the best part of downtown next to Staples and Convention Center. Realistic prices. Exotic Verandah bar, pool and jacuzzi. Eclectic party venues 50 to 2000 guests.

Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club, JCB
    Additional Services:
    Data Port, Hairdryer, Handicap Accessible, High-speed Internet Access, Iron & Ironing Board, Non-Smoking Rooms, Refrigerator, Restaurant on Premises, Swimming Pool, Wireless Access

Accommodations Number of ADA Compliant Rooms 1
    Accommodations Number of Floors 12
    Accommodations Number of Rooms 280
    Accommodations Number of Suites 6
    Accommodations Number of Total Guest Rooms 286
    Accommodations Public Space ADA Compliant Yes
    Miles from LAX 17.00
    Parking - Motorcoach Yes
    Parking - Self Fee

Parking is not Free I think it is $8

21. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    When is the Fig going to have its get together. I know I had to switch hotels, but I would love to meet all my Figgie buddies!!! Thanks!!!

22. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    That is correct. My wife confirmed parking is $8 yesterday.

23. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    lol great. I get to pay for my car to be in the airport lot here, AND for the rental in the fig lot [face_laugh]

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    There is nothing formally organized in the works. I think folks are waiting until the schedule is final. Plus, with the Fig bar and pool area's great reputation, I assume folks will simply hang out there post-con. I could be wrong, but that is what I plan on doing. :p

25. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Thank you Lufta...Looks like I may visit on Friday night, that way I can make both hotels. I hope we can meet...I would like to meet all the TF.N Figgie people.

5 DAYS TO GOOOOOOOOOO....YIPPIE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.