main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If You're Staying at the Hotel Figueroa, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
  2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Now that is one heck of a unique hotel. I'm even more excited about staying there after seeing that video.

Thanks for posting it, Lufta.

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok, IM JEALOUS...

I will just go back to my box every night...one small sacrifice for having children...BOOHOO!!!

4. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Sweet pool and veranda. I'm going to have to remember my bathing suit.

5. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yes, the place looks pretty unique! I think it is great setting for Star Wars fans - sort of reminds me of a movie set. Can't wait to go!

6. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Wow! Just Wow! I am so glad that I was patient and was willing to put up with all the BS. If that place hasn't hasn't been used in a movie yet, it needs to be.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *sshhh* It's actually a space/time continuum thingy - The entrance to the Fig is actually a wormhole to Corellia... [face_whistling]

8. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Glad you are all liking the video I found!

DarthBreezy - how have you been? Too bad Hayden is not showing up, huh? I still remember you sharing your GQ article of him with us at TGIF's in Indy.

Hope to see you at the Fig! Instead of ice cream this time, I was thinking Mint Julep. I guess the Fig is famous for them.

9. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks Lufta Shif for that video.

I like the music from "A View To A Kill" playing while the camera captures the hotel's atomosphere.

The hotel almost does look like a hotel from a James Bond movie.

Also I may require some assistance from someone on Wednesday.

If I am unable to get my head shaved before I arrive I am bringing hair clippers and if anyone has some experience with them I would appreciate some help with that. :)

Oh yeah I need a little left because I am sport'n a mohawk for the con.

Either post or PM me if you are available and up for the task.

Thanks,
    Chris

10. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    You can't shave your own head? Expecially with clippers? I shave mine once a week with professional "balding clippers" (although they could use a need set of blades at this point since I have had them over 5 years). As long as you have a bathroom mirror and a small hand mirror it's not hard at all. If if you are trying to go for a 'hawk.

11. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    Gettign ready and going to start packing tommorrow.
    See u all there

12. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I'm feeling stressed and agitated, and that's not what a vacation is about. Too many last minute tasks! I tried to avoid this. :( I'll just have to, as Yoda said, 'learn to let go.' Not everything has to go exactly as planned. In fact it probably won't. I'll attend C4, see some of LA and come home. And it will be fine. I just have to relax; I feel like I'm about to have a heart attack or something. [face_sick] It's not worth it.

I need to follow the advice in my own sig! [face_idea]

13. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    I know exactly how you feel! I am stressed out right now! I promised myself I would prepare early, but noooo....I wait and wait and here it is past 9PM my time and I am still packing! [face_worried]

14. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, the rooms aren't that bad. Didn't get in until nearly 3am (stupid delayed flight) but things aren't too bad. Not the biggest of rooms, but most of the functional stuff is here, there's wireless net access, and apart from the contruction workers waking me up early I've nothing to complain about so far.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Glad you made it in Dingo :)

Do they have hair dryers or microwaves in the rooms?

16. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Not in mine, but I don't know if mine is typical, or if there are different types.

17. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Lufta...us teachers always do things in order and are prepared, whats wrong with you...lol. You will be ok, I have faith in you!!!

Anyway, all packed up, except for a few odds and ends that I cant pack until the last minute. Cleaning the house again today so I dont have to come home to a dirty one, I hate that. Then all that will be left to do, it feed the cats and stock them with food, and finally get into bed around 9ish, so we can be up at 2:00 a.m. Because we are traveling with the tiny tots, we figured a very early flight may be better, that way they sleep...so no "JEFFRIES" on that flight. Remember Bill Cosby Himself, well that will be me....lol.

Cant wait to see everyone there, we are going to have the time of our lives!!!

18. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] @ Amidala081499

Jeffery will you get down from there.. oh look what you did to the man's pants! Jeffery stop that! Jeffery get back here!... [face_laugh]

Don't worry Lufta, I can identify! Man I haven't packed a thing :eek: as soon as I can wrap up work-stuff I've got to get in gear - so much to do... [face_worried]

19. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Still not fully packed, still stressed out! :_|

What are the breakfast options at the Fig?

20. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    They have a decent set up for that. The Cafe just has a range of items on the bench that you can choose from and then pay for what you want. There's cerials, breads and muffins, eggs, bacon, potato, hotcakes, sausages, OJ and tea and coffee (or at least that was this morning's fare). I got a full plate and it only cost me slightly over $6, and it was comparable to breakfasts I've had elsewhere on this trip that were 3-4 times as much.

21. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    No buffet available?

That doesn't sound too bad at all for breakfast.

I am at Disneyland still and won't be checking in until tomorrow.

Got to go to will call tomorrrow also.

I can't remember the star and closing of it but I need to find out so I don't miss it .

Any other good and affordable places to eat nearby the hotel?

22. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    It is kind of a buffet, but instead of a flat fee you get charged by what you grab (eg, $X for 1 hotcake, $Y for 3 pieces of bacon, $Z for a single serving of eggs, etc.). The prices aren't too dear for what you get.

In terms of others, the Denny's just up the road was close to being called gutted when I walked past. Supposedly the renovations will be completed by Sunday. Further up the road (less than 2 blocks, or about 5 minutes depending on lights) there's a decent sized food court that has some okay food. Haven't really checked out too many of the restuarants or cafes yet but check Valeda's latest visit thread for some good info on places. While some of the walking you'll have to do is uphill, most of the places are within a reasonable walking distance of the hotel, or otherwise a short cab ride if you want to go that way.

Will Call is open from 7am to 8pm tomorrow. Just turn right as you walk out the doors and go to the South Lobby. The walk is only 5-10 minutes. It took only about 10 minutes to get my stuff from about 5th in my line when they were doing it for the first time. They're letting people into the lobby in blocks to keep things somewhat orderly in there but as long as they don't get too flustered you shouldn't spend too long in there in off-peak times (it will be a wait regardless in peak times).

BTW, I've taken to sitting here in the lobby with my laptop and badge, and so far I've spent nearly an hour chatting to a few of the other people here for C4. No TFNer's yet but depending on what I end up doing tomorrow between other things just look for the guy with black and blonde hair in one of the couches in the lobby, mezzanine, or pool area and come up and say hi.

23. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Sounds like we can eat there without breaking the bank. Yay!

If you asked I couldn't tell you why it's taking me hours to pack for this trip because I just don't know. :confused: It's 10:15 now and there are still several tasks left to do. The shuttle van is picking me up at 5am. [face_tired] Well, I guess I'm sleeping during that six hour stretch on the plane; and frankly I wouldn't mind being unconscious for that.

I'm excited about C4 but right now last-minute stress has the upper hand. In a few hours it'll be all over though. :)

24. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks for the info Dingo you have been very helpful.

I am doing all my posting and PMs from my pda phone we left our computer at home this time around..

So looking up stuff tends to be a little difficult on my phone.

25. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Thanks for all of the last minute info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.