main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC If you've hated Star Wars since The Phantom Menace, are you still a Star Wars fan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JoJo90, Jan 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJo90

JoJo90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2021
    I don't mean to be inflammatory. This is just something I've been thinking about lately. For perspective, I was 9 when The Phantom Menace came out. And I loved it. So, I joined the fandom at an interesting time: In the middle, between the orig trig and the sequels. Because I was younger, I was able to overlook issues with the prequels, and over the years I've grown to appreciate them all the more despite their flaws. I love all Star Wars. Some movies are better than others, but I've been able to enjoy them all. I just don't understand these "fans" that have hated the franchise for over two decades and still complain about it. Can you really say you're a Star Wars fan if you dislike more movies in the franchise than you like? That doesn't make sense to me.

Far be it from me to say whether or not you're a real fan. I'm not trying to bash on anybody. I just don't understand that mentality. If you think there hasn't been a good Star Wars movie in over 20 years, why are you still so invested in the franchise? This is directed more at those people who seem to have made a career out of bashing new Star Wars media.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. JoJo90

JoJo90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2021
    Almost 40 years, I mean. Since Return of the Jedi.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    We don't need threads bashing other fans. Also please use the edit feature and don't double post/bump threads.

Sinrebirth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.