main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ignorance is Bias: The Diversity Manifesto

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's 99% total bollocks, with 1% of maybe useful stuff.

The 1% that won't get any attention from said MP or the media are the terrible messages aimed at kids, with particular strands of venom aimed at boys, girls - if a kid feels ill at ease in the box they've been slung into? An extra helping of venom.

But it's been going on for decades, won't stop now and is very, very entrenched.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's a well-known fact that 90% of crime was committed by women before the lady Ghostbusters showed up.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  3. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Contessa, Vthuil, CooperTFN and 6 others like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I found this tweet interesting regarding the Tuskin's and Star Wars because of the latest Book of Boba Fett episode

and there response in terms of what direction Star Wars is going compared to the other franchise

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    This just reminds me of what a great story Kenobi was and how JJM was out front humanizing Tuskens immediately after ROTS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Kenobi came out in 2013, eight years after RotS. Or do you mean IU?

7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Don't forget the KOTOR missions if you choose the Light Side.

8. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    In-universe.

And yeah, KOTOR too. Then later DOTJ gives us a glimpse of Tatooine being conquered by the Rakata.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  9. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    There's also Tahiri who was raised by Tusken Raiders, going all the way back to the Junior Jedi Knights books in 1995.

10. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    God it would be great if they bring her back somehow... after TBOBF it't be nice to see some humans among Tusken more regulary and one bridging cultures kinda like Tahiri.

TCW shied away from using A'sharad Hett sadly which was such a great addition to the comics and Anakin's story (before they ruined him in Legacy because they were too afraid to use other characters that could have been Darth Krayt)

That said, a TCW special event, the Kenobi show or flashbacks can still bring A'sharad back! There were some rather cinematic scenes in the comics between Kenobi and him and the Tusken. And it'd be very relevant to Anakin / Vader too maybe.

Golbolco likes this.
  11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The presumably female Tusken warrior made me think of One Eye from Kenobi.

We seem to be getting Fett in a Hett role with this band of Tuskens.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Boba Fett becomes a Dark Sider post Sequel Trilogy :p:p:p

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They weren't "too afraid" to use other characters as Darth Krayt, it was planned to be Hett from the start.

BobaMatt likes this.
  15. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    A weird thing happens sometimes where a writer will base a culture on particular real world indigenous cultures or history but seems somehow unable to imagine a different outcome than the real world historical one. I've seen a lot of people comparing what happens to the Tuskens in BoBF to real world communities wiped out by settlers, or to Western movie source material, but the idea that, post-Empire, the Tuskens might be an emergent power on Tatooine and get control of some of their lands was an interesting development that could have borne fruit in future stories - in fact, I had been anticipating that Boba Fett was going to solve some of his, er, staffing issues by enlisting the Tuskens to help drive out the Pykes and gain control of Mos Espa. There's nothing inevitable about the extermination of indigenous communities, and it's boring to keep reinscribing that narrative - makes me wonder why the creators are even interested in touching these issues to begin with.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Whether or not this Job will have any real power is one thing but they are hiring. If anyone with knowledge of Corporate structure would have insight feel free to let us know.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2022
    CooperTFN likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's sometimes less structure and more culture that can matter more in this respect.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well as long as it’s a positive step

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Honestly, now that GL isn't around to object, I would like a Tusken jedi that isn't a human raised by them.

Similarly, while BobaMatt is right about how BoBF was a wasted opportunity in regards to the Tuskens, there are still other opportunities to improve on this moving forward, especially considering that Freetown has good relations with a group of Tuskens and has been rising in prominence. Since this is all still relatively close to Endor, I would like to see the Tuskens in a better spot by the time of the ST, perhaps even have some Tuskens in positions of leadership on Tatooine as a whole.

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    If I'd been writing BoBF the Tuskens would have been running Tatooine outright by the end of it.

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    That said, Freetown's relationship to the Tuskens is even more reason that the Tuskens should have been a big part of that final battle.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed.

Honestly, Boba ending the series by giving the Daimyo position to the Chief or Warrior and ending with a shot of them on the throne mirroring the BoBF teaser after Mando season 2 would have been amazing.

Definitely.

Honestly, between Freetown and Boba's connections to the Tuskens I was utterly shocked at them not showing up for the finale.

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    They didn't show the one really badass one dead, so I assumed she would be at the head of a Tusken contingent that showed up to help.

Mia Mesharad and Jeff_Ferguson like this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I thought they did?

25. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    They didn't show her corpse, but I'm pretty sure Boba placed her particular gaffi stick in the cremation fire.

MercenaryAce and BobaMatt like this.