main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I'll see you again in 25 years" - The Twin Peaks thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Mar 11, 2014.

1. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Sherilyn Fenn, Madchen Amick, and Lara Flynn Boyle circa early 1990's. Yessir.

2. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    Never thought I'd ever wish I was a cherry stem.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    With rumors of a revisit 25 years later to Twin Peaks, WA (although with teh interwebz, there are rumors for friggin everything) I wonder what they would do with the casting. Frank Silva (Killer BOB) and Don S. Davis (Maj. Briggs) have passed away*; and while the years have been kind to folks like Kyle McLachlan, Madchen Amick, Michael Ontkean and Sherilyn Fenn, the same cannot be said of Lara Flynn Boyle.

Hmmmm...maybe they can keep going with Moira Kelly?

*Although, in my "fantasy canon," before he died, Major Briggs revealed certain truths to young Robert: that the program to contact alien lifeforms was so wildly successful that several teams regularly explore planets in at least two galaxies. In fact, they've successfully repelled a major incursion by alien invaders, and that he's no mere Major, he's in charge of Homeworld Defense. Oh, and the name "Briggs" is a cover identity to protect his family; the name is actually "Hammond."

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002

Sarah's doppleganer's reversed screams might be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on TV.

AgentCoop and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Well, it's been 23 years since the finale of TP aired in Spring 1991, so even those who are still around have aged quite a bit. Not really interested in seeing them again, but that's just me.

Case in point - though I know Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer) probably wouldn't be in a potential sequel to the series (unless she were in a flashback), I saw her a while back in the excellent independent flick Winter's Bone (2010), and honestly didn't recognize her....

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Sherilyn Fenn has aged quite gracefully, IMO. She hasn't become a botox monster like Lara Flynn Boyle.

No one has aged as well as Ray Wise, though. Probably because we were used to his white hair. :p

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I just googled Lara Flynn Boyle. I hate you two, jerks.

8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Don't say you weren't warned :)

9. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
  10. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    To see LFB in her heyday, check out the extremely underrated & excellent thriller Red Rock West (1993) - also starring Nic Cage & Dennis Hopper, IMHO this is one of the best thrillers from the '90's....I don't think it saw much of a theatrical release...

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    ]-}

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That's not even close to the ones I saw.

13. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i chose that one for the best representation of the permanent slack-jawed countenance.

jp-30 likes this.
  14. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    She looks like she's had a stroke. :eek:
    Agreed. She's rather MILFy.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  16. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Wait...wait....the hour and a half of deleted scenes are all from Fire Walk with me? The movie itself was over 2 hours long.... I guess it now could be considered a mini series in its own right.

The scenes look great though...

AgentCoop and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I think the original cut was something ridiculous like 6 hours long or so.

18. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    That's amazing, but very "Lynchian."

I wonder with current technology how possible it would be to truly revisit Twin Peaks? I bet there are still hours worth of original footage that could be merged with the actors now.

19. Isotope217

Isotope217 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2002
    Great news about the extra footage being released after all these years. In other news, I learned today that Fire Walk With Me was booed unrelentingly when it premiered at Cannes.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. I think it's a great movie, but it was panned back in the day.

21. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    Fire Walk with Me has certainly increased in status, but I think it should have waited a couple of more years from when it was released. Most of all because it needed more Kyle MacLachlan, who, if the accounts are accurate, vastly scaled back his participation in the movie because he didn't want to be typecast. If a couple of years would have made MacLachlan more willing to increase his role, it would have been worth it.

I would have dumped the entire opening half hour or so with Chris Isaac and Kiefer Sutherland, and started more when Cooper tells Chief Cole about the dream he had.Maybe not dump those scenes all together, but certainly started with Cooper and used their scenes as background.

Then, focused more on resolving the other place/Black Lodge at the end of the series than making it a prequel in general. The Cooper/Palmer outworldly scenes we did get were superb. Some stuff about Laura Palmer would have been ok, but I liked it better when Laura Palmer was more of an unknown/enigma. Certainly, Fire Walk filled in ALL of the blanks about Laura's past, probably moreso than the audience would care to know.

22. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    audiences wanted to see cooper drink coffee and eat cherry pie and when that didn't happen everybody started crying.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it needed more log lady.

24. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    those deleted scenes look like they're going to be amazing. i am PSYCHED.

25. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    ah ok, here's a bootooze version:

AgentCoop likes this.