main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm going to be away for 2 week, so don't forget to post!

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I post this message every time I go away, it used to be that I would ask all the posters not to trash the place and post naughty words, but since there's not that many people around nowadays, i'm going in the opposite direction.

Post away and let rip!

By the time I come back, I want us to have passed the Scottish total and be knocking on the door of 10,000!

Ok, that might be a bit much, but please try to keep the place active and healthy.

Tim is going to take over for the time being, but if there are any Welsh posters who fancy being a junior temp CR for 2 weeks, let me know.

Well have fun without me guys!

But not too much. ;)

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't worry everyone, I have had words with the pilot of his aircraft, they'll drop him off somewhere remote so he can't get back. Even by swimming for months. The sharks won't eat him so we have to strike that off the list of Welshguy removal tactics.

Notice how when I was looking after the place last time, all the Welsh posters came back? I think they fear his wool pulling powers! :p

I'll look after it for you (again) dude. Though I may stick some English flags up to keep myself cheery, that ok? :D

3. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Arrr we dont want no english flags! *eats Tim's english flags*

[image=http://www.britishcouncil.org/kis-trenduk-welshdragonflag-330x220.jpg]

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
  5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    This place is pretty much dead withought Welshguy.

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    *peaks in from a land far, far away*

Looks like i'm badly missed.

Don't know if thats a good thing?

Come on you lot, post!

7. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    There seems to be no one to post with, I'm afraid that if I post something no one will reply. :p

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    odj, I'm around lol. Just being RSA now means I am keeping a beady eye on everywhere ;)
    So post away, maybe we can get more Welsh people to come out from under the wool :D

9. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    *Salutes flag*

10. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Ah possibly we could ol chap but then the question is what if they dont come out of under the wood? What if we fail in our quest to populate the Welsh forum to its former glory? What if we loose at our game of playing god with the forum? What if? What if?... What the hell am I talking about? :confused:

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Havets appeared so that is a start! :cool:

So while the boss is away ... :p

What do the Welsh posters want for their forum? Are people wanting to meet in real life? For social stuff and conventions? And how far are you all willing to travel for it? As Welshguy said, there is a big meet coming up at the end of July in Bristol, I know it isn't Wales, but it would be cool to see Welsh posters there. I think the boss is going ;)

12. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I might be able to attend that meet in bristol, not sure though, is their a convention going on or is it just a meet?

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    It's a convention, where quite a few chapters will meet up. So it's not a purely social meet, but you have everyone there together, so should be fun :)

I'll repost the info from the FF-UK: South boards - here

Bristol Sunday 30th July 2006

http://www.fantasyevents.org/bristoljuly2006/bristoljuly2006.html

Big Star Wars line up -

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
    Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
    Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna)
    Kenneth Colley (Admiral Piett)
    Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter)
    Femi Taylor (Oola)
    Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti)
    Barrie Holland (Lt. Renz)
    Toby Philpott (Jabba the Hutt)
    John Coppinger (Wookiee Senator)
    Lightning Bear (Biker Scout)

There is another event the same weekend which is very close to Bristol that could also be a meet -

JOUST 2006
    29 (Sat) - 30 (Sun) July 2006

Berkeley Castle, Berkeley, Gloucestershire,
    Cost: £13 (adult) / £5 (age 4-14)

The UK's largest and most spectacular mediaeval festival! Join the feuding Lord Berkeley and his arch enemy Lord Talbot at the 850 year old Berkeley Castle. Full contact jousting, thundering sieges, concerts from the Mediaeval Baebes, booming cannon displays, real ales, pig roasts, wandering minstrels, noble knights and flirting maidens all combine in this festival of mediaeval mayhem."

Myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=62916810
    Main Website: http://www.joust.info/frames.htm
    Berkeley Castle: http://www.berkeley-castle.com/

Berkeley on multimap: www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=51.6859&lon=-2.4542&scale=500000&icon=x

I am intending to get to both, Joust on the Saturday, Fantasy Event Bristol on the Sunday ;)

14. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    What do I want from the forum? We just need more people posting around here, I check in every now and then but there's not often anything to post in here.

I'd be willing to attend a meet at a convention or something, if a bunch of people were there, but I wouldn't want to travel too far. Won't be coming to Bristol, but maybe another time.

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    No problems about that Havet :cool:
    I'll chat with Welshguy about getting more FF-UK: Wales members - may come down to me making a poster to advertise your good selves, and you all sticking it up in places like comic shops, student unions, and other places potential members may be waiting. I'll also be promoting the FF-UK (all of it) on other forums anyways, including StarWars.com.

As for meets - don't worry about Bristol, and I understand distance will be an issue for many. There are two events that I know of in Wales, Fantasy Events - Cardiff and Newport. But we don't have to limit to conventions. A lot of the FF-UK chapters have purely social meets, I know Welshguy mentioned go-karting (that right?) in Cardiff, maybe have a day trip doing that and other stuff. Then there are cultural meets. Plenty of culture in Wales. I'll take a look at the Welsh tourist board, see what they have coming up. I'll do my best to attend meets, but as always I have to keep an eye on money and also where I am going each weekend. Only so many weekends in a year, and I have the whole FF-UK to look after.

So, does any of that sound good? I can start work on a poster as soon as your boss, Welshguy gets back off holiday and I discuss it with him :D

16. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I might be able to make it to bristol, but the train times on sundays are a real ***** so we'll have to see.

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, back now. There's a limit to how much time I can spend alone in a caravan when its raining outside!!!

The Bristol meet sounds like its going to be a doozy!

So thats potentially me and ODJ coming from Wales, along with Sakara of course (Although she will be there in an offical capacity).

Anyone else?

18. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Thats on the theory that either A) I can get a lift or B) I have enough money to take the train.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.