main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm in the Midlands!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Raj_Vader, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    :eek: thats right!

I'm in Leicester until I leave for my little expedition, and so far its been quite an experience!

Leaving the safety and security of the M25 was a big step for me, but I crossed that impenetrable ring of steel and rubber last week.

The first thing I noticed was that they are still a very humble people, using wind to drive their flour mills and redirecting water from rivers in little ditches to satisfy their sanitation needs........

......I am of course refering to the farm on the M25 with the big-ass wind turbine and the resevoir being built next dorr [face_door]

They may not know their Mile End from their Cockfosters but Midlands people are bloody nice, and whats more, they're polite! People actually say thank you if you hold open a door, and smile at you when you buy something!

One minus point though - there appears to be a distinct lack of dragon fruit in Leicester - on every street corner in London. What a terrible shame.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Ooooo, Leicester
    Be sure to buy cheese :p

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Nothing wrong with Leicester, that's where I live.

4. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    really ? Whereabouts? I'm on a place on Narborough Road - opposite the Blockbuster and KFC. Working in the City centre - near the BBC building on St Nicholas Circle.

.....see - I know my way around already - not bad for a Londoner :D

Leicester is a great place - not as busy as London, and people are definitely more friendly. The air is cleaner too. Fosse Park is brilliant - like being in America! You can tell Asda's been bought out by Walmart after visiting the Fosse Park store :p

I am missing red buses though, and the London Underground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.