main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I'm kind of fuzzy on something here

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Just_A_Slacker, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indecent

Indecent Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Anyone read animal farm? I read it in school. A long time ago. If memory serves... it could be proven quite apt here. Only time will tell.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    This thread, in five easy steps:
    1. Carter has made the point, multiple times, that the Leadership Council is looking at the issue, and it may be a few days until we hear anything more.
    2. Indecent has made the point, multiple times, that he would like the Advisory Council to look at the issue, since friends are likely to be nice to other friends.
    3. citizen-tom makes a comment that he agrees with what someone else has said.
    4. AlienAcid and Cetera make comments about how the Administration shouldn't be in charge of this, and how LMM should have been banned.
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 five times.

This thread is going nowhere. The original question as to why Carter unlocked the thread to get in his comment has been answered.

How many times does Carter have to say that they are looking into the issue? Wait until you hear their verdict before you get all worked up. Give them time to discuss the issue.

I am assuming that most of us came here in the first place to discuss Star Wars. Yet, sometimes I wonder why some of you keep coming back, to discuss Star Wars, or for the drama.

Excuse me, I'm going to go back to discussing some of my favorite movies now.

3. Cetera

Cetera Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2000
    This thing just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

You can all complain about this, but that's how it is.

So you believe that we should start complaining just as loudy about the whole process/procedure? That sounds reasonable to me. I don't think the regular members are being treated fairly here, and it seems to me that it is the mods who are actively treating us unfairly.

LMM broke the rules. Mods are supposed to be held to the same standards as we are, if not higher. Now we have to wait for a committee we can't see or interact with to debate on whether those standards will be upheld. That sounds like a big no-go to me.

4. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    Edit: Yoda Jeff answered my post.

5. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002

No, you'll keep it on the page it was originally on.

6. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Carter and YodaJeff, the reason we are repeating our comments is simply that we are not satisfied with the answer. It may be akin to bashing our heads off brick walls, but I think in this occasion, justice must be served, more so than the Preacherboy issue. Rules have been broken, Posters insulted. On any level, a sense of fairness is not being adhered to. We have never been told that the administration is held exempt to the rules, and yes, it has in fact been stated, that the adminstration should in fact hold a higher degree of self conduct.

7. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    4. AlienAcid and Cetera make comments about how the Administration shouldn't be in charge of this, and how LMM should have been banned.

Actualy my point was they should have more charge on it and just solved the problem when it was happening.

Carter made his points, I made mine.

8. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    Carter and YodaJeff, the reason we are repeating our comments is simply that we are not satisfied with the answer.

I cannot answer it any better.

9. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Actualy.. dont think a answer is what is wanted more like action, but that wont happen(yet anyways)

10. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    But Carter, it is not like there is no prescendent here. Admistration members have been punished before, as in the case of Preacherboy. deliberation should not really be needed if this example is already in place. Examples are there so you can reference to them. And i'm afraid time will most likely not dull the opinion on this, a hienous grievance has occured, yet still remians un-punished.

11. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    And I think the administration should be involved, ASAP. Until then, though, I don't see any reason why a temp ban isn't in order.

12. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    In all honesty, I don't think time is the admins friend, in this case. The longer things go on, the more likely people are going to be upset.

I do understand it is the weekend, and Josh and the others may not be here. But this is important, and should have been dealt with already. This is the third day since this started. Only the day after LMMs last post, but this has been going on for a while now.

13. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    AA, posting again, "You can all groan about this but I would reserve judgment until the decision is made."

All the other complaints are the same issues over and over again that I've already answered. If there is something new that needs to be addressed, I will do my best to answer it.

14. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    OK Carter, a new question. Why hasn't a weekend council been set up to deal with matters such as this, which occur over the weekend?

15. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    I know that, I just want to make sure that 90% of the LMM problem is the ADMINS did nothing to stop him before.

So you(the administrators) created the LMM problem.

16. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    OK Carter, a new question. Why hasn't a weekend council been set up to deal with matters such as this, which occur over the weekend?

lol dude no way can they be prepared for everything.

17. Phill

Phill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia. Eastasia has always been our ally.

18. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    or as it seems, be prepared for anything

19. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    The admins have real lives and real families and prefer to enjoy their weekends so they can't be here 24/7. I don't think the matter of LMM on a SW message board is a life and death issue that requires emergency weekend admins. I'm enjoying the tennis final with Agassi vs Hewitt (which is amazing) while trying to address your issues.

20. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Ah, indeed, this real life I keep hering about. I Don't have one of those :( But i'm sure other admins apart from you log on at the weekend Carter. or are you the only dedicated one?

21. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Only the lowly mods are here, kickin' it oldskool.

22. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    If not for the US Open semifinal on the boob tube, I probably wouldn't be here.

23. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Thats rather unhelpful. Abandoning the board over the weekend is rather rash, because I wouldn't trust this lot alone, but you do?

24. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    And another plea falls upon deaf ears. I only hope, carter, that this matter is dealt with to its fullest.

25. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Okay, can I just clear up that I think LMM should stay a mod and I don't have a problem with him personally, but rather a problem with the fact that the rules obviously aren't the same for everyone. If they were the same for everyone LMM would currently be serving a banishment. The fact that it will be "a few days" before anything is decided rather than "one click" like it is with other users.

My problem isn't with LMM, it's with the situation. As displayed by Dan and AlienAcid's comments any regular user would have been banned already. Any regular user wouldn't have the Liberty of arguing thier case with a leadership council.

The rules may apply to everyone, but I'm not sure they are the same for every one or maybe they just slow down for people. If I was told to stop spamming by a Mod (as KW told LMM) and continued to spam (as LMM did) I wouldn't still have the ability to post.

I would like it if an admin could post the procedure of what to do if a Moderator breaks the TOS, becasue I don't think it's clear. I didn't know about a "Leadership council" or anything. As far as I was concerned the banning of a mod would be the same as the banning of a regular user. No problem, I would just like some clarification. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.