main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'm Not Ready - (Kyp and Adalia (/Romance) Challenge #19: Return of Romcom... IN SPACE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Apr 12, 2021.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Title: I'm not Ready.
    Characters: Kyp Durron, Adalia Tehanis (OC)
    Genre: Romance
    Notes: Written for OTP Challenge #19: Return of Romcom...In Space! I rolled the dice and got #5. Sudden awkward proposal #3. Younglings

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read my dribble! [face_love]

Years she said. She’d been doing this for years; he didn’t quite know what ‘years’ meant. Two, five maybe, possibly 10? Leaning in the doorway with his arms folded he regarded the woman before him as she did what she’d been doing for years, apparently.

“So, what do you all like?” she asked a group of children who sat before on a rug. A small boy with big brown eyes put his hand up and Adalia gave him a nod to go ahead.

“Miss Tehanis, I like the new holo movie that’s out about ancient creatures! They make them come back to life!”

Another fair-haired girl laughed. “I heard they eat a silly man who doesn’t believe they are nasty!”

Adalia sat back and listened as one by one the children all began to jump in with their version of the new holomovie. She’d heard about it, so her next task was to get it here for them. She listened as the 12 children talked excitedly before raising her hands and patting them up and down in a gesture to bring the sound down. When they were quiet, she spoke. “You know that holo can be a little scary, right?” She advised. The children, seven boys and five girls in all, cheered and indicated they didn’t care. “Right.” She looked back to the teacher. “All yours again, seems I have work to do!” The children cheered as she stood and gave them a nod before turning to rejoin him.

“You do that well.” He said quietly as she got close.

“Told you, been doing this for years.” She said placing her hand gently on his hip. “Now, our mission is to get a copy of that Holomovie and …….maybe some other things.”

When Adalia had told Kyp that she gave to an orphanage, he was a little surprised. So when she said she was going to do her yearly visit and giving, he asked to join her. As an orphan himself he wanted to see what she meant, what she did and maybe what he could have had. If things had been different, if things had have been different he’d not have been an orphan at all. “Other things?” He questioned unfolding his arms and brushing a stray strand of hair back behind her ear.

“Hmmm, bedding, clothes, some repairs need doing and I think I need to order some food for the freezer, to stock up for the year, you know.” She explained with a shrug.

This amazed him. “We’re doing all that?”

“Well, I am.” She leaned in to him, “You’re welcome to join me…” gently kissing him she smiled, “or not. Your call.”

He loved it when she teased like this. “Is this a hint at a reward for helping?” He asked quietly as the children were still in the room, although now they were busy working at their desks on art it seemed.

Adalia leaned back with an eyebrow raised. “The task is its own reward, anything else is negotiable.”

Kyp smirked as he lowered his gaze for a moment. “Fair call.” He looked up at her. “You’re really good with kids.” He complimented.

She shrugged with a chuckle, “I was one once, experience.”

At that moment, as he gazed at her he knew she was his future. Her sarcasm, her wit, her courage under fire, her ability to lead by example and her generous heart full of love, and giving, even her strange irrational fears and concerns, and she was all his. Well almost. Reaching forward he took her hands in his he led her into the next room away from the children. “There’s something I’ve been wondering.” He said as his confidence built, he’d never planned this, and somehow, he always knew when the courage to do this came it would be spontaneous. “Maybe…..if we got married, we could….you know, have a few of our own?”

Adalia was silent. ‘Did he just propose?’ she wondered in a panic as the seconds ticked by. Wetting her lips after what seemed an eternity, but was only 8-10 seconds of silence she breathed out. “Did you just…..ask me to marry you?” It was the last thing on her mind, the last thing on her ‘to do’ list and the truth was she wasn’t sure life as a Jedi wife was what she could cope with.

She understood his question, that was a plus. “Well, yes.” It was a simple answer.

Adalia looked away, how did she do this without hurting him or worse, losing him. She swallowed hard. “I’m not ready.” Her voice broke slightly.

She said no. That was all he heard and he felt a tightness in his chest he wasn’t prepared for.

Adalia squeezed his hands before he let her go. “That’s not to say I will never be ready, cause I know I will, but it’s not even been a year, and …I’m just not ready. Please try and understand.” She was almost begging.

Kyp closed his eyes as he digested what she’d just slapped him with, and he felt like he’d been slapped. He said nothing for several moments before giving a slow nod. “I understand.” He didn’t really, but he didn’t want to lose her and saying he didn’t understand would be the start of that. He opened his deep green eyes and gave a second quicker shallower nod. “Forget I said anything.”

Her rudimentary Force ability was reacting, she didn’t know how to use it yet, she’d never really known, but right now she was feeling it.

Pain.

She surged forward, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him close. “Please don’t be angry or sad or what ever you’re feeling, I love you, you know that, and I’m not rejecting you by any means, I’m just not ready to be a wife.” She was talking fast now as she buried her face into his long hair. “Please?” she whispered.

Her breath sent a shiver down his spine, it always had, and with her body pressed against him he could not control his instinctive reaction to her by wrapping his arms about her waist. “I’m not angry, or sad, disappointed, yes, but I will live.” It wasn’t a lie. He kissed the side of her head and allowed her scent to fill him. “But I think the negotiation is now in my favour.”

Adalia smiled before a soft giggle. “You win, we do this for the children and the orphanage, then you get your reward.” This was turning out better than she’d even dared to imagine it would. “Thank you for understanding.”

“Thank me later, or maybe I can convince you to reconsider?” He whispered into her ear.

Her weakness, she sighed as the flesh on her arms pricked. “You can try, I really hope you try.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Scrumptious as I knew it would be! [face_love] Melted me right down to a puddle. [:D]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you for reading it, all part of the rich tapestry that is Adalia's life. ;)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Great story, Adalia really shows her softer side with the kids. Like she does with her squadron.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    They are all younger, so kids too :p Except E'ak, but he's gone :(

Anedon likes this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    The best kind! :)

It is natural to want to spin out the precious time of a courtship without getting to serious stuff so soon ... good going, Adalia.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you @pronker for taking the time to read my dribble and commenting. I appreciate it a great deal. [:D]

8. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Aww, what a great way to use your prompts!

Haha! I love the banter between them.

And then Kyp's proposal, and Adalia's response - awww. Of course he's disappointed but I love that he's so understanding of her feelings and they can still move forward together. [face_love] Awesome response to the challenge!

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OOps

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Because I'm not nearly as scrambled as I was a week ago, tho I did, indeed start to do an in-line correction on you meant for public feed... **link for the things I spotted sent over PM**

...and I loved this. Well done and good use of the prompts, and they make a lovely couple. It's fitting that she'd need more time to actually be ready to accept the proposal.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.