main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I'm Too Close to Wanting... L/M. Last Post on: Aug 12!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 16, 2013.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Nice! Oh he makes her blush, hehe! Love it!

And you changed your name!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Tags for: serendipityaey DaenaBenjen42 newdawn12 Briannakin Jedi_Lover Jade_Pilot

--

Thanks all for reading. @};- :)

~~~!!

Mara and Georgiana Vandrees met at a luncheonette and greeted each other with cautious but friendly smiles. Luke had stayed at the nearest hostel, wanting to give them privacy for this first meeting. It was typical of his thoughtfulness. He knew Mara would share anything she felt needed sharing, later.

Georgiana gazed at the young woman before her. She was striking, and the vision made Georgiana blink back tears.
    It's like looking at Audrianne all over again, she thought.

On her side, Mara was amazed. This is hopefully how I'll look in a couple of decades, perhaps: elegantly poised and attractive, Georgiana was literally her mirror image.

"I can't tell you how surprised I was to hear about you." Georgiana assayed as they ordered quick lunches.

"No more than was I to hear about you." Mara rejoined, and they laughed.

"What details do you have about your past, Mara?" Georgiana asked gently.

"I don't know a thing about my family." Mara said softly. "I was so young ..."
    She did not add that any memories she might have recovered, the Emperor had expunged or stifled. It gave her a pang of wistful sadness to realize this, but also gratitude to Karrde for bringing her this opportunity to fill in some missing pieces.

Georgiana's eyes were full of sympathy.

"Your parents were Force sensitives--Audrianne and Deklin. Your mother was a Healer in training, your father a nurse at the General Medical Center in the capital. So, they worked together and then began dating and fell in love and married. You were their pride and joy. Audrianne and Deklin tried for some years before she got pregnant.
    When Audrianne and Deklin were rounded up by the Empire," she began, "Oh! It feels almost like yesterday! We were so afraid of what must've happened to you! You were but a wee thing then, but never did Sean, my husband, and I dream you survived!"

If you could call it that, Mara thought, with an inner rueful shrug.
    Mara felt she had surmounted all those events and trials by remaking herself and stepping out on her own path. She felt emotionally stronger by the day.

Georgiana took a deep breath. "We helped the Correllian Jedi and others who fortuitously escaped the Purge - there weren't many - by maintaining the Praxeum here under the guise of another more generic educational Academy. Sean and I felt it was the least we could do to honor my sister's legacy and sacrifice."

Mara smiled. "Luke will be glad to know of the Correllian branch of the Jedi and any archived information you might have here."

Georgiana smiled back. "I'm so happy we can perhaps be of assistance. Would Skywalker like to train here, for a term or two ... if he feels the need?"

Mara was silently thoughtful. "He might consider that that would round out his training. He always seemed to imply that he didn't feel equipped or completely able to carry on, as a Jedi in his own right, but especially as an instructor of others."

"Then, for a start, you and he should take a tour of the Praxeum tomorrow. I, or Sean, will be glad to show you around."

"Thank you ..." Mara paused. What do I call her? Aunt seemed presumptuous.

Georgiana reached across and squeezed Mara's hand briefly as if sensing the cause behind Mara's hesitancy. "Georgi, that will do. It's how I'm known by my friends."

"Thank you, Georgi." Mara said, touched by even this overture.

+++

TBC...

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a very nice post, getting to know more about Mara.
    Corellian Jedi sure are there;) and are survivors

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Excellent update!

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great! Now Mara knows about her family :D

6. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Great update and nice to see that Mara now knows about her family.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: I seem to have misplaced my post. I hit the post reply button and thought it had posted, but apparently it didn't. :confused:

~~~~~

In the spirit of not being predictable, here's theL/M outcome. [face_batting]

Weeks Later

Mara got closer to Georgiana and Sean Vandrees; they were very easy to feel comfortable with. Her time off was about up, and she felt happy in knowing she could visit them whenever she was able, and work trips allowed.

Luke was indeed impressed with the Praxeum. He decided to stay on and learn and then perhaps eventually teach. He told the Vandreeses and Mara that he wasn't ready even when it came to Jedi lore, etc., to feel capable of shouldering the responsibility of starting the Order from scratch. He might feel up to leading sometime in the future, but not right away.

He and Mara were relaxed and happy to spend time together, without being chased or hounded by Sith or weird Jedi-that-were.

Mara felt rejuvenated, like she was remaking herself and told Luke so.

"I'm not ready for anything momentous." She cautioned. "I just want to stick with the familiar for a while."

"Does that include advancing our relationship?" Luke asked. He sighed and took Mara's hand. "I cannot deny I feel attracted to you."

She smiled. He leaned close and kissed her. Sparks and bells went off for him, but not for her.

Mara did feel something for Luke, and perhaps with time, it would grow into something like what he claimed to feel.

She said: "It would not be fair for me to ask you to wait ... I feel something too, but it's not quite ...."

Luke felt his stomach tighten, but his blue eyes met hers candidly.

He knew he would wait as long as he needed to.

At least she hadn't said the awful word: never.

++++

Fini

Carlos Danger likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That sure will lead to more;) Never isn't for Mara or Luke

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That certainly was different, but I like the way it ended - like there's still a whole life ahead of them.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh my! Mara is holding back... I think Luke will bring her around. I love the place where they are :D

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    What? I think you forgot the last line. You know where Mara says, "Oh what the hell, come here Farmboy and give me some sweet, sweet love'n!"

:p

Nice ending. You leave us wondering. [face_thinking]

JediMaster_Jen and Nyota's Heart like this.
  13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Never say Never, smart girl! =D=

14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This is sweet - but I wanted more!