main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

Exiled IFCC Croatia Demo by Augusto Ribeiro E. Silva

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Bird Predator (personal work) By kineticflow
    [​IMG]

Corsair of the Mage Isles By kineticflow
    [​IMG]
    "Some more personal work. Magic pirate with her ancient construct sidekick. She wields a cutlass made of aquaglass. Her pistol loads enchanted shells. Something I did for fun in my spare time."

Dark Predator - Fan Design By kineticflow
    [​IMG]
    Did a predator design for fun. I was inspired by Hawaiian shark teeth war clubs for his chainsaw staff. Yes his shoulder cannon is a needler. I also thought the imaginary suit actor might appreciate the convenient relief hatch. Included a gif to show my painting process and a detail shot.
    Did a predator design for fun. I was inspired by Hawaiian shark teeth war clubs for his chainsaw staff. Yes his shoulder cannon is a needler. I also thought the imaginary suit actor might appreciate the convenient relief hatch. Included a gif to show my painting process and a detail shot.

Snow Rabbit By kineticflow
    [​IMG]
    "Some more Shirow Cyberpunk inspired personal work."

Conan the Barbarian fanart By kineticflow
    [​IMG]

Fractal Arc By kineticflow
    [​IMG]

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Demon Soulbind By kineticflow
    [​IMG]
    "Something I did for fun. Think Beauty and the Beast meets Castlevania."

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Mermay Punderworld By sigeel
    [​IMG]

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elias Chatzoudis

[​IMG]

Christian Santos

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Guild.... By jmsnooks
    [​IMG]
    The Guild does not take YOUR orders...

I happen to really like the guild, so much so that that I decided to create a composite illustration showing the Guild homeworld (Junction), depicting the different types of Guildsmen doing Guildsmen stuff. I really happen to like the Dune series (Frank Herbert) as well as the prequel series (Brian Herbert) for the Dune Series. I thought that Brian Herbert did an admirable job writing a prequel to his fathers work, and that the 2 writing styles mesh fairly well. Every time the Guild enters into the books I feel a sense of anticipation followed by a sense of delight, because the different Guildsmen are all a little...different, and it always makes them interesting. Furthermore, they provide provide an excellent and enjoyable theorhetical illustration of applied anarcho-capitalism. So to me, they are also a symbol for my political ideology (anarcho-capitalism). The wierd spherical glowing thing is Norma Cenva, the founder of the Guild, who eventually becomes pure energy. The guy in the desk is a Guild Legate (sort of), and the big headed orange colored freaks would be Guild navigators. To all the people who have not read the Dune series, the orange stuff is not fire, it's a special gas which saturates the chambers that Guild navigators live in. Also, if you havent read the books, I strongly reccomend reading them.

Oh yes, done with colored pencil (Prismacolor).

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Classic Fairy Tales 2 - Emperor's New Clothes By tonyperna
    [​IMG]

Classic Fairy Tales 2 - Jack and the Beanstalk By tonyperna
    [​IMG]

Classic Fairy Tales 2 - Scarecrow of Oz By tonyperna
    [​IMG]

Classic Fairy Tales 2 - Rapunzel By tonyperna
    [​IMG]

Classic Fairy Tales 2 - Pinocchio By tonyperna
    [​IMG]

Classic Fairy Tales 2 - Tom Thumb By tonyperna
    [​IMG]

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Dune - House Atreides By cwalton73
    [​IMG]
    "Trying for a bit of higher tech look to Dune. Will probably do some more characters in the future."

Dune - House Harkonnen By cwalton73
    [​IMG]
    "I will have Arrakis back for myself! He who controls the Spice controls the universe and what Piter did not tell you is we have control of someone who is very close, very close, to Duke Leto! This person, this traitor, will be worth more to us than ten legions of Sardaukar!

I know Dr. Yueh is "technically" a member of House Atreides, but he's a damn traitor. "A million deaths were not enough for Yueh!"

Dune - House Corrino By cwalton73
    [​IMG]

Dune - The Fremen By cwalton73
    [​IMG]

Dune Space Guild By cwalton73
    [​IMG]

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Whole And Hollow By ZedEdge
    [​IMG]
    "...She still did not know why - nor did the fish... But every day the fish saw her wade into the lake - and she saw the fish try to swim out. Neither land nor water felt like home - neither enclosures nor open spaces felt safe. They wanted to believe that they were at least sure of each other - an unspoken comradery - but even that felt uncertain. Maybe someday one of them will speak - a word of comfort, an explanation or even a command to stay out of their domain. But until then, they stayed in the middle together and just pondered."

This piece kind of took care of itself. I didn't have a plan, just an idea for a unusual angled dress. And before I knew it, the dress, background and style had melded into this congruous and contrasting image - almost with a yin-yang vibe. I guess sometimes you draw the picture and other times it draws you.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Dune Costume Series: Lady Jessica on Caladan By DannieKW
    [​IMG]
    I'm re-reading Dune AGAIN. I've recently become obsessed with costume design after binge watching GOT/Michele Clapton clips so I decided to try my hand at Dune costumery (design that is - I can't sew for ****.)

This is my first attempt at Lady Jessica designs - I think the colors need some tweaking, but I can always do more iterations of these!

We first meet Lady Jessica on the water-filled, monsooning planet of Caladan. According to Herbert, Caladan's main crops were 'pundi' rice, coral, some gems, whale fur, and livestock. Since Herbert was an ecology enthusiast, I assume that a rice-producing planet is wet, humid and hot (BUT is also home to furry whales so there must be colder areas with vast ocean as well.)

But the main idea is that Caladan is the opposite of Arrakis in that it has tons of water, so I wanted to incorporate a lot of blue into the Caldinian garb. Instead of going the medieval Scottish route (which was my first inclination) I took a lot of inspiration from Bengali and Thai designs (both being hot/humid regions) but tried to stay true to certain details provided in the book. For example, Jessica is supposedly has an oval face, bronze hair and wears a black ribbon tying up her tresses when she meets with the Reverend Mother in the opening pages of the book. Maybe the black ribbon is some sort of Bene Gesserit (BG) symbol - I picture her wearing it until major **** goes down on Dune (*cough cough Dr. Yueh*)

I wanted the fabric to have an organza-like shine, but not look too airy.

Also, the crest of House Atreides is a red hawk - I picture the hawk to be crafted in coral, as that is one of Caladan's big exports. It looks sort of bulky and out of place on Jessica (who is supposed to be elegant and soft-looking in the book) which makes sense due to her kind of awkward status as concubine, non-native Caldinian and BG "witch" (as some would call her.)

AAAANYWAY, even if you haven't read the book and have NO clue what I'm talking about I hope you enjoy anyway!!

Fedaykin Swordmaiden By Panzermeido
    [​IMG]
    "I like Dune, and only sometimes ironically, and I like swords. So here's a Fedaykin lady with a sword."

Dune redesign: Fremen By SimonDubuc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

Sorcerers cry three times in their lives, it's been said.
    First time is when the magic is revealed from themselves.
    Second is when their eyes are opened to find a gigantic ring shining in the sky.

It must've been hard for them to discover that the mysterious celestial body is actually a ring slipped out of finger of elder giants long forgotten.
    You know, too interesting story to be kept secret.

https://www.deviantart.com/ashpwright/art/Suns-844020083

Iron_lord, Master_Lok and Gamiel like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

"I've already told you. Spring is only a part of the four season; spring, summer, fall, and winter."
    "So I kill spring and then kill summerfallandwinter?"
    "Oh by feather of phoenix! No. Spring is just a concept of climate change happening in a year. It's not a witch nor a monster you can kill!"
    "So what makes spring happen?"
    "Basically the sun shines and tilting of the world makes difference of..."

"Guys we're leaving! Let's go and kick sun's ass!"

https://www.deviantart.com/ashpwright/art/Doctor-Hoot-Knows-All-835493323

VadersLaMent, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.