main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Deathwatch vs hrud in underhive By Nictanova
    [​IMG]

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Mechanicus Mass By YourLocalTechpriest
    [​IMG]
    "Been a while since I drew mechanicus stuff. I've got to own up to my name. / So yeah. This came out of me remembering a scene in one of the Horus Heresy short stories, where there is a literall mechanicus mass with a priest doing a sermon, and all that."

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

The Major!!!

Lord-Skywalker and Iron_lord like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

Quentin Vitalis

Iron_lord, Ava G., Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Angela's Magic Lesson - Dress Whites By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]
    This episode is brought to you by [​IMG]

Angela's freshly whitened dress began changing shape. Her sleeves shortened as her hemlines flowed down towards her knees. Her belt thinned to a satin sash, tying itself into a bow. Even her boots shrunk down to a pair of low heels. A headband set itself atop Angela's golden hair.

"I look so fancy!" Angela punctuated her statement with a gleeful twirl. "It's like I'm dressed for a wedding or something..."

She stopped mid-twirl and gasped. "Wait, I was going to a wedding! It's...

(1.) ...(gasp) mine!"

(2.) ...my bestie's!"

(3.) ...my Mommy's!"

Back to previous page: https://www.deviantart.com/mr-dna/art/Angela-s-Magic-Lesson-Brilliant-569768917

Back to START: https://www.deviantart.com/mr-dna/art/Angela-s-Magic-Lesson-START-369816493

Angela's Magic Lesson - Maid of Whose Honor? By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]

Angela was teeming with happiness. Today, her best friend was getting marri--

"Wait, what am I doing down here?" Angela rubbed her head, being careful not to mess up the delicate braid in her hair. "Geez, that must've been a hell of a bachelorette party." Angela felt a small wave of pride for that. As maid of honor, she must have been responsible for the night of fun that caused her to wind up in the school basement. She looked down to brush off her satin dress and could swear she saw herself rising from the floor.

"Wow, keep it together, girl," Angela said to herself, squinting her eyes. She was relieved to see the dress was spotless. She was also relieved the bride had decent taste. The dress hung just off the shoulder, and was accented with a light blue shawl. It was something she could practically wear after the wedding, but Angela figured she probably wouldn't.

Angela hurried out of the archives. After all, she thought, if I'm down here, who knows where the bride-to-be wound up?

THE END... or is it?

Epilogue 097 - Bridal Search Party By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]
    This epilogue is brought to you by [​IMG]

...Previously...

From the lab journal of Shelley Debunkle:

It has been seven hours since successfully quarantining the bridesmaids. They were all once normal monsters and humans. My classmates, each with distinct drives and personalities. As their party grows, they appear more and more alike by the second. I should amend that. They are still distinct, save for their matching white dresses with powder blue trim. Also, a common need drives them all: locate the bride. It's all they talk about, and it's all I can do to convince them that she is nearby. They keep reminding me that it is her "special day," which is a repetitive hindrance to my research. I have donned an experimental Hex-Mat Suit. In Underborough, science and magic live side-by-side, but have an uneasy treaty at the best of times. To study curses like this one in a laboratory setting, such provisions are absolutely necessary. A sudden outbreak of sassy bridesmaids was not what I imagined as a trial run, but here we are.

Angela Morgan, or Maid Zero, is a witch from the human world. Her magic powers seem to be high, but she is new to Underborough and unpracticed. She must have contracted this contagion through some sort of tampering with forbidden spells. She has experienced accelerated aging and growth, though her dark brown hair has curiously turned blonde. It's actually not a bad look on her, but I should curb such unscientific editorial comments.

Winifred Pale and Bel Brimston are both Underborough natives. A vampire and a devil, respectively. Much like Angela, they have grown into early adulthood. In an interesting development, many of their distinguishing features have softened since I first discovered them. Their pointed ears and fangs, Bel's horns... they appear more human, for lack of a better term. Even their skin pigmentation (or lack thereof) has changed. It's almost as though Bel's crimson and Winifred's chalk white skin have "averaged out." I will chart these changes as they progress. Also, Bel seems to have put on a little weight, but the dress still looks fabulous on her.

George Tumbleweed is a strange case. He and I both stumbled upon Angela, Winifred, and Bel. I felt that something was wrong, but George was already wandering towards them before I could say anything. I suppose I could have tried harder to stop him, but perhaps my scientific curiosity got the better of me. The ladies all asked him the whereabouts of the bride, each in different tones. Some were more demanding than others, but each was equally excited. George admitted that he had no idea what they were talking about, but he'd be happy to help. Angela clutched him by the wrist, and the changes were almost instantaneous. His shirt melted off his shoulders, and his pants simply unfolded into a dress just like the others were wearing. His hair lengthened and feathered out a bit. Makeup appeared on his face. And the way that strapless dress fits him, he now seems to be by most if not all accounts female. I haven't observed any closer than that.

After witnessing George's incredible transformation, I was able to lure the bridal party back to my lab. I waved them along, keeping my distance to avoid any physical contact. They all recognized me, often speaking to me by name. I assured them I could help them find their missing bride. The deception was only to keep the curse from spreading to more innocent passers-by, but I can't help feeling guilty. For now, the ladies' chatter has subsided, and their eyes have all turned to me. Angela's witchcraft won't be able to reverse this spell while she is so single-minded in her search for the "bride." Science will have to solve this. And once science and magic can work hand in hand, that will be my special day. A special day for all of Underborough, that is.

But for now, I should get some rest. I have been standing for too long, I think. My Hex-Mat Suit is feeling oddly roomy in the legs...

Shelley's Special Day By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]
    Commission for [​IMG]

Follow-up to Epilogue 097 - Bridal Search Party

~~~~~

Rosemary Morgan dashed into the lab, out of breath.

"Shelley, I came as soon as I got your message! What's happened to..."

Rosemary couldn't finish her sentence. She could only just stare at the scene in front of her. A door to a ventilated glass booth hung open. A quartet of blonde women in their mid-twenties wearing matching white dresses with blue trim held hands in a circle around Shelley. Her experimental Hex-Mat suit, apparently unsuccessful, slid off her shoulders. The pieces left behind formed tight gloves and a tastefully revealing bodice. Shelley's non-living flesh was growing pinker by the second. Her stitches began to fade away. The rest of the material from her baggy suit pooled at her waist, cascading to the floor as a wide, white gown.

Shelley's elegant look was severely offset due to the fact that she was still wearing a decidedly unprotective mask. The clear hood turned a cloudy white. It bulged from the strain of her rapidly growing hair. When it finally burst, all that was left was a sheer veil that gently alighted atop Shelley's strawberry curls. A look of serenity washed over Shelley's face.

"Isn't it wonderful, dear?" she sighed to Rosemary. "They've found me! It's my special day!"

Rosemary cuppped her hand over her mouth. "Oh no, I'm too late!"

"No," Winifred said, brushing her blonde locks over her shoulder. "You're too early!"

"You're not supposed to see the bride yet," Angela said, her blue eyes glinting.

Rosemary's hand traveled to her forehead. The bridesmaids just stared at her. She felt dizzy. She tried to apologize for barging in, but couldn't find the words or the reason. She looked away from the four women and towards the radiant Shelley. Her heart started racing, but she didn't know why. Am I nervous? Why would I be nervous?

"At least he didn't get cold feet, right girls?" Bel said snarkily.

"I think it's sweet," Georgi cooed. "He couldn't keep himself away!"

"Wha..." Rosemary stammered. "He... who?" She coughed to clear her throat. Her voice didn't seem right. Nothing seemed right, but everything felt right. Or at the very least, it felt special. Rosemary looked down at the floor. Her knee-length skirt was tightening around her legs, turning a dazzling white. She felt her long, curly hair creeping up her back. She caught a flash of her blue lapels, though he couldn't remember wearing a lapelled jacket. Why would he be, unless today was...

"Oh jeez, uh..." Ross Morgan said in a deep but confused voice. "Shel, I was supposed to meet you here, wasn't I? You sent me a text, and..."

Winifred walked up and patted him on patronizingly the cheek. "Oh Ross," she sighed. "It's a good thing you're so dashing."

"Come on," Angela said, straightening his bow tie. "We gotta get you to the chapel."

"Chapels my apples," Shelley interjected. "We're having a civil ceremony!"

The bridesmaids filed out of the laboratory. Ross took Shelley's hand and the two followed them outside. He still wasn't sure how he got there, but one thing was certain: he was a lucky guy.

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

Forest by Arthur Yuan

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Angela's Magic Lesson - Mommified By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]

"Mom works so hard, doing the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry..."

As Angela said this aloud to no one, her skirt began to fuse with her top.

"I guess I could clean up around the house more. It's really the least I could do."

The newly-formed dress puffed out as a playful pattern emerged from the fabric.

"I'll only stick around until I can get back on my feet."

Her boots shrank down to a pair of modestly-heeled pumps.

"Oh, but what do I know about any of that? I'm not cut out for the rat race!"

Her hair bunched up around her shoulders in bouncy, auburn curls.

"There's really no reason why I can't just stay at home and be the new Mom!"

The ribbon around her waist tightened itself, and with that, the spell was complete. Apart from her witchy-green skin, Angela now looked like she stepped out of a 1950's sitcom.

"What on earth am I doing in this dingy basement? I don't have time to clean all this! School's out, and the Countess will be by any minute to plan that silly world takeover of hers! Oh, that means I'll have to set up the tables and chairs, vacuum the rug, make fluffernutters for Damon and his friends (two for Hammer), so I'll have to run to the grocer. And then I'll need to pick up a roast while I'm there! A woman's work is never done…"

THE END ...or is it?

~~~

Back to previous page:

Back to START for more possibilities!

Epilogue 007 - Rise of the Ultimoms By
    Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]
    This epilogue is brought to you by [​IMG]

Previously…

To say that tensions were high would be an understatement. The three girls sat in the living room of the Morgan household. Winifred Pale, a vampire with world conquest aspirations, barely tolerated the shy, bookish lab creation known as Shelley Debunkle. And she loathed the young devil, Jezebel Brimston, with all her being. The Type-A personalities surrounding Shelley generally made her uncomfortable, and Jezebel (who went simply by 'Bel') wasn't on good terms with anyone, including the girl whose home she was currently visiting.

Nonetheless, all three were there, sitting on different couches or chairs, silent. They had all received handwritten invitations from Angela, saying only to meet at her house after school. But their hostess was nowhere to be seen. Her mother, who either had a makeover or a time machine, was busily making the rounds, serving milk and cookies. When any of the girls did speak up, it was to thank Mrs. Morgan, who just laughed to herself at being addressed as "Mrs."

Finally, Winifred spoke up.

"Mrs. Morgan?"

"There's that name again," the high-heeled housewife tittered.

"Yes... is Angela going to show up any time soon? We've been waiting here for awhile now."

"We're running out of things to not talk about," Bel muttered.

But the woman in the patterned dress did not answer right away. She put her hand over her mouth and stifled another flowery giggle. "Girls," she said, "it's me! Angela!"

The room fell silent again, this time a stunned silence instead of the awkward silence that had prevailed earlier.

"Angela? How? What-- what did you do?" Shelley stammered.

"Well, I was in the school archives practicing some magic, when I found a honey of a spell! And, well, here I am!"

"But... you're so old," Bel said, squinting.

"Did you ask us here to help change you back? Because none of us know the first thing about magic," Winifred added. "And evidently neither do you! Running off practicing spells in the dark by yourself? Are you crazy?"

"Not at all," Angela said calmly. "And I'm not sure I like your tone. I thought you'd be happy for me."

"Granted, it's a cute dress, but I really think we need to find a counter spell," Winifred said.

"Counter spell?" Angela laughed demurely. "Oh no, I never found one. I looked while cleaning the archives. They were a mess! But I did figure out how to replicate it. Did you know there are all sorts of ways to cast spells, all with things you can find around the home?"

"Angela, you didn't…" Shelley's voice wavered.

"You can even bake them right into a batch of cookies!"

The girls immediately stood up, eyes wide, mouths agape, crumbs falling from their laps. They all had something to say, but nothing came out. It didn't matter, as the changes had already begun. Each of them started to grow taller and older. Winifred's hair shortened and curled. Her dress became longer and wider as a decorative apron tied itself around her waist. Shelley's messy pile of Bride of Frankenstein locks swirled into a perfect beehive, while her frumpy cardigan shrunk until it rested daintily over her shoulders. Bel, ever on the forefront of fashion, sported a pair of cropped chinos.

"My stars," Winifred uttered. "Jezebel's wearing pants!"

"Angela, you sly dog," Shelley winked. "Is this why you brought us all here?"

"Not quite. Look at this house," Angela gestured. They all looked, and saw that, save for the crumb or two that had fallen on the floor (they knew they should have put their napkins on their laps for goodness' sake, that's what they're there for), the room was immaculate. They could only assume the same could be said for the rest of the abode.

"This, ladies, is what the whole world could look like. Underborough, the human world, all of it!"

They nodded. Sure it would take a little elbow grease, and maybe a few cookies, but the satisfaction of a spotless world would be its own reward.

"But that can wait. Now that we're a foursome, who'd like to play bridge?"

Rosemary vs. the Ultimoms By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]
    Commission for [​IMG]

A continuation of sorts to Rise of the Ultimoms! It's not technically an epilogue to an epilogue, meaning that I'm not writing a super long story for it. But I think it's pretty easy to piece together what's happening here. Rosemary comes home to the smell of fresh baked cookies and four grown women playing bridge in her living room. She is understandably upset, but Angela urges her to relax. When that doesn't work, Angela kindly asks Shelley and Jezebel to help her relax. Without even being prompted, in comes Winifred with a tray of Angela's special recipe.

Because of Angela's Magic Lesson, I've been using this space mostly for story and rarely to write about the art. I'm gonna do that here, because I'm pretty darn proud of this piece. It tackles a few drawing issues I struggle with: character interactions and shoes. All the characters are close together, touching or overlapping in some way. Sure, Winifred is sort of hanging out on the sidelines, but I think it all works. I looked up a lot of reference for the shoes, not just for styles but for tutorials on how to draw a shoe that actually looks like it has a foot in it. I don't have to patience to go step by step with most tutorials, but I think I absorbed enough of it to draw some decent heels. I also got to do a mid-transition clothing change for Rosemary, which is something I do less often due to the step-by-step nature of the AMLs.

Other than that, this was a fun chance to update the designs from one of the earliest epilogues. Originally, Angela was the only one with a full-body view. Getting to figure out the rest of the dresses and making them all unique was fun. Shelley got some geometric nut-flowers printed on her dress (they were embroidered on her sweater before), while Bel got pretty much a complete overhaul with her patterned pants and bigger hair. I borrowed a lot from Winifred's design in Mentor-nal Instinct, and the pattern on her skirt was a last-minute decision, as I didn't want her to look too plain. Rosemary's emerging skull/pumpkin pattern is a callback to her original design from over ten years ago.

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I enjoyed drawng it!

Ultimoms United By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]
    Commission for [​IMG]

When we last saw the Rosemary and the Ultimoms, the situation was a little tense. Rosemary has now been lovingly assimilated into the group as the ladies all settle into their duties. Shelley is vacuuming, Winifred is doing dishes, Rosemary is baking more cookies with more than a touch of magic, and Angela is maintaining morale. As for Bel, whether she's recruiting or merely gossiping is between her and the voice on the other end of that land line.

Ultimoms: Kid Cookie Crisis, p1 By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]

Ultimoms: Kid Cookie Crisis, p2 By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]

Ultimoms: Kid Cookie Crisis, p3 By Mr-DNA
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mermay 2020 by Oleg Bulakh​

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Paladins' tales: Colonel's Widow By Lipatov
    [​IMG]
    "Paladins' Tales. Junior Paladin Robertino Salvaro's first case, a little incident with a widow and a bastard who tried to seduce her. Robertino is the one on the floor. / (I think I've overdone it. It was partially intentional, because I wanted the drawing to look like an illustration from some XIX century novel like Vanity Fair. Anyway, it's overdone.)"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.