main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.deviantart.com/tindyflow/art/May-and-April-Parker-805597703
    [​IMG]
    "You may (or not) have noticed the recent interest displayed on these pages for the friendly neighborhood spider-people.
    Since were at it, I'd like to talk about my favorite female spider-person: Mayday Parker.
    .. and her Clone/Sister/Rival, April Parker alias "Mayhem"."

https://www.deviantart.com/tindyflow/art/SpiderGirl-and-Mayhem-805597738
    [​IMG]
    First, I think Mayday's got the 2nd coolest suit of all Spider-people. Only second to Miles Morales Red on Black variant.
    Second, The fact she's more "Speed" than "Power" gets her on my good side. I like speedy fighters.
    Regarding Mayhem, Her signature original suit never totally hooked me. Hence the redesign on this page.
    --
    May & April's story is quite interesting. I hope to see both of them return on the face of Marvel publication at one point.
    How hard can it be to whip out a decent Spider-girl cartoon run? [It's probably very hard.]
    --
    Oh and...
    "This is a Beta picture."
    For now.--

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.deviantart.com/avian-king/art/Zenith-847154904
    [​IMG]

https://www.deviantart.com/avian-king/art/Beam-Crest-the-Rufous-backed-Thunder-bird-841140683
    [​IMG]

I'm part of a fantasy Role-play server and would like a few more players.
    the group does have inactivity rules so don't @ me or ask for an invite unless you are indeed looking to rp in the server.
    Need an outlet because I cannot draw rn (just got my wisdom teeth removed. )

Name: Beam-Crest

Appearance: In my image(my artwork)
    largely rufous in plumage, with an orange, gold-yellow and crème gradation going up to the head. The crest is made up of triangular feathers. The long wings still possess the separate articulating fingers of saurian ancestory. Related are the teeth resting behind a touch, cloud blue and violet rhamphotheca. Below the jaws is a leathery green and blue gular sac used in vocalization, display, head dissipation and feeding.

The tail boasts two articulating winglets, lateral rectrices and a forked tail fan. Two display plumes spur from the tail fan, golden tipped.

The feet end dog-sized talons. two talons bear the full weight while 2 more act as raptorial blades to pin or lacerate large prey items or opponents

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Species Name: Red-backed Thunderbird Rufu-notans Tornitruavis

Role: Solitary Predator and Rookery king

Similar Species: Roc, Thunderbird, Garuda, Bar Juchne

Base Family: Maniraptorian-Avian

Size Ratio: 13.5ft at shoulder, 24.5 at head when neck is fully extended. 66.2 ft wingspan

Strength: 45/50

Speed: 45/50 (Airborne)

Speed: 27.5/50 (Terrestrial)

Agility: 24//50

Adaptivity: 24/50

Sociality: 3/10

Species Info: Red-backed thunderbirds dwell in the tropics. They are not sociable outside of the breeding season once every 3 years. Otherwise they stay miles away from each other as to avoid competition for food sources and roosting locations. Mates are drawn in with aerial displays of power shown by the use of thunder and lightning bursts.
    Once rookeries are established smaller birds move into the territory as to benefit from the matriarch or patriarch’s presence. Red backed Thunderbirds tolerate the entourage as they pick up scraps left over, act as early alarm systems and ensure ecological stability.

Red-backed thunderbirds pack quite a punch via electricity storing organs in the tail, breast muscles and jaws. The full force of these can only be felt during inclement or humid weather, hence the preference of tropical climates. The attacks are at their worst during storm or flying over the sea.
    During dry weather or drought the attacks are at their lowest.

Natural Diet: Large fish, cetaceans, terrestrial or aerial prey if available.

Natural Habitat: Island or coastal ranges where the climate is warm, food is plentiful airways are unencumbered.

Time of Activity: Diurnal, occasionally crepuscular.

Fatalities: Fire?, intense puncture/laceration, severe bludgeoning, strong earth elementals.

Extra: Electricity conductor and battery (literal Thunderbird). Spits caustic bile and stomach acid when the need arises. Dive bombs aquatic prey and drops onto terrestrial-prey.

Owner: moa(Avian-king)

https://www.deviantart.com/avian-king/art/Stolen-Life-force-847752108
    [​IMG]

https://www.deviantart.com/avian-king/art/MamaMii-847912161
    [​IMG]

https://www.deviantart.com/avian-king/art/BlackJadeMoon-Goose-848155882
    [​IMG]

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.deviantart.com/crowsrock/art/Hell-s-Eve-848398507
    [​IMG]
    Here is my Radical Racer:

This is Eva Hadrani, called Hell’s Eve.
    Originally she was a jet-fighter engineer, but fell on hard times when robot drones made jet fighters obsolete. So she switched to ground vehicles, built und drove them herself working as a blockade runner and smuggler for different syndicates.
    Finally she discovered racing and got hooked. She constructed her own racing cycle which got to be known as Hell on Wheels. She built it not to show off, but to survive the races and have a chance to win.
    The special trick of this racing cycle are it’s pair of ion thruster rockets for extra velocity.
    Eva’s lucky charm and on board mascot is a small yellow lizard or gecko that invaded the cockpit of the Hell on Wheels to stay. At least, it eats the bugs and that’s something.

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.deviantart.com/jfoliveras/art/Pytheas-of-Massalia-848218676
    [​IMG]
    PYTHEAS OF MASSALIA (4th-3rd centuries BC) was an ancient Greek geographer and explorer from Massalia, a Greek colony in the Mediterranean coast of Gaul (modern-day Marseille, France). Pytheas, a contemporary of Alexander the Great, was famous in Antiquity for having written a book (now lost but cited by other authors) about a journey he had done when he was young. Some Greeks of his time thought he was speaking nonsense, but today we know that Pytheas was describing real peoples and natural phenomena he had seen with his own eyes in Northern Europe. He sailed along the Atlantic coast of Gaul, but whether he crossed the Strait of Gibraltar and sailed along the Iberian coast or crossed Gaul by land is unknown, since both sides of the Strait of Gibraltar were controlled by Carthage. He circumnavigated the British Isles, where he stablished contact with the local Celtic tribes. The Greeks were already familiar with the continental Celts (Pytheas himself being a Greek born in southern Gaul) but Pytheas reached the northernmost limits of the Celtic world, but his journey did not stop there. He then sailed to a mysterious land called Thule, north of Britain. The location of Thule is still being debated, but possibilities range from the Norwegian fjords to Iceland or anything in between. I personally believe Thule was the coast of Norway, because Pytheas describes it as a settled land, with local tribes and agriculture. Iceland would not be colonised until the Viking Age, more than a thousand years later. In Scandinavia, Pytheas would have encountered Germanic tribes. It is believed that he reached as far north as the Arctic Ocean, where he encountered drift ice. He also saw the Midnight Sun in Summer, when the sun does not set, evidence that he certainly made it beyond the Arctic Circle. He also described what seems to be the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis. Then he sailed south and entered the Baltic Sea, where he witnessed how amber was thrown up by the waves. The Baltic was the source of much of the amber that made it to the European and the Mediterranean markets. It is believed Pytheas made a second voyage after returning from the north, in which he is said to have encountered Scythian tribes. For centuries, the story of Pytheas was perceived as a fantasy tale by some of his readers, but others considered him their main reliable source about the far north of Europe.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.