main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.deviantart.com/zazb/art/The-Spells-of-Professor-Firebolt-Resort-858576887
    [​IMG]
    "Quiet and highly customizable. All the rage among wizards."

https://www.deviantart.com/zazb/art/The-Spells-of-Professor-Firebolt-Sight-858676998
    [​IMG]
    "Created to find what is lost but mainly used for gossiping."

https://www.deviantart.com/zazb/art/The-Spells-of-Professor-Firebolt-Storm-858777794
    [​IMG]
    "The power to unleash or capture the storm has lead to the creation of Weather Wizardry."

https://www.deviantart.com/zazb/art/The-Spells-of-Professor-Firebolt-Glyph-858877266
    [​IMG]
    "The specific purpose of that spell is kept a secret, making it one of the most feared."

https://www.deviantart.com/zazb/art/The-Spells-of-Professor-Firebolt-Dreams-858979060
    [​IMG]
    "Even wizards need to organize their thoughts."

https://www.deviantart.com/zazb/art/The-Spells-of-Professor-Firebolt-Meteor-859079253
    [​IMG]
    "The first iteration of the firebolt was not elegant enough to be her signature spell so it went through a name change."

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.warhammer-community.com...d-angelsgw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-2/

"Baal Dominatus: Migs’ Blood Angels

[​IMG]

Blood Angels are a very rewarding army to paint. They couple the versatility of all Space Marines with a number of distinctive units that really exemplify the character of the Chapter. Migs from the Ironsleet Blog has crafted an army that melds both of these sides of the sons of Sanguinius into a truly glorious collection. Here he is to talk about them.

Migs: For years I’ve had a lingering (red) thirst to build Blood Angels. They were one of the armies that first captured my attention as a kid getting into Warhammer, thanks to their rich background and aesthetic. With the release of the spectacular Primaris Mephiston model, I dived in. It’s also worth acknowledging the Psychic Awakening: Blood of Baal rules set, which made my new army superb fun to play with.

[​IMG]
    With all my Warhammer projects, I seek to create something distinctly novel yet deeply rooted in the imagery and lore of the subject matter. This time, my vision was to create a red metallic explosion that combined the classic Blood Angels artistry, modern kits and the grimdark Blanchitsu visuals that our Ironsleet gang are known for. A few times over the years, John Blanche has talked about “Dark Baroque” as an extension of the Gothic feel of Warhammer, and I thought this would be the ideal project in which to translate some of the moods of Baroque painters into model form.

Over the Christmas break, I built and painted (in between all the holiday chores and meals) and established an identity and feel for the project that I felt started to engage with these themes. Since then, I’ve made unprecedented progress towards a completed army for the sadly now-cancelled Adepticon Warhammer 40,000 tournament. I’m actually a little stunned that 2000 points came together like this.

I designed a paint scheme that uses a metallic basecoat and translucent reds to create a really striking, blood-red effect. This is complemented by a metallic black and the most golden gold I could possibly create. Contrast paints play a key role in both the red and black, as well as being used in more subtle ways on the myriad faces.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There is a sub-theme here exploring the Chapter as angels of war, descending into the Red Thirst and the near-daemonic visage created by their curses. Painting the bare heads proved key to the mission. Mephiston got special treatment, with the palest skin and the only spots of blue in the whole force.
    [​IMG]
    With Mephiston having such an incredible new model, I wanted to build something equally amazing to represent Dante and Lemartes, other Blood Angels legends. These two were the most time consuming – and the most fun – things to build in the force, and I think the picture of all three of them together with their Cherubic entourage is ultimately what this project is about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The playable army is based around two battalions and a good mix of units that I like the look of, and which also work really well in the game. The main core consists of 15 Intercessors, 15 Scouts and 15 jump pack-equipped Death Company. These are joined by three different kinds of Dreadnoughts and four HQ choices which all excel in close combat. So far I’ve had a blast learning to play with the army and they remain – very narrowly – undefeated across my four practice games against Alpha Legion and T’au Empire forces.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Scouts are super flexible and effective at forcing preferable deployment and gaining table control. The Death Company speed towards the enemy and try to engage multiple units as early as possible in most games. The three Intercessor Squads, with their thunder hammer-equipped Sergeants, work with the Dreadnoughts to grab objectives and control the middle of the board. The four Characters are used as force multipliers for the units and to surgically remove enemy threats.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’ve thoroughly loved building, painting and now playing with the Blood Angels. I plan to continue to expand the collection with Sanguinary Guard, Ancients, and a range of vehicles. I’m looking forward to enjoying plenty of gaming with them when we can do our favourite things with our friends again.

Stay safe, and happy painting.

Jedi Knight Fett and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn) by ynorka
    [​IMG]

Gamiel, Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

A students work from DayDay Painting Studio

22. Iron_lord