main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Iron_lord, Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  9. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I think I know what inspired the pose for Prince Sviatoslav in that art.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord, Juliet316 and Gamiel like this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's possible

Air Border by Noldofinve on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "An artwork dedicated to so called "Air Borderguards". There several aviation squadrons in the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine. I was lucky to visit the Kharkiv separate aviation squadron and to watch every-day routine of "air borderguards". "

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    It’s been a very happy and long art day...ending with a bit of fun despite my drawing Solomon Kane too big to include his mouth...(and that he looks like a Droog (EWwwwwww!) [face_sick]:p

This was a first go at two panels from Stephen Segovia’s amazing issue 2 of Serpent Wars (I wish he drew the entire mini series.)

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    CAPTAIN MARVEL #11 by inhyuklee on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    ASIAN AMERICAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER HERITAGE VARIANT COVER (AAPI COVER): CAPTAIN MARVEL #11
    I drew a total of 8 covers (8 heroes), the second of which is the MS.Marvel!

• Enroll for my online art classes: linktr.ee/InHyuk_Lee
    • Click to see more:
    - www.artstation.com/artwork/mD...
    - www.instagram.com/p/CO5UU1pBL1…

“I'm very proud to draw these eight ASIAN AMERICAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER HERITAGE VARIANT COVERS showing the iconic Asian heroes of the Marvel universe,” Lee said. “Silk, Ms.Marvel, Psylocke, Shang-Chi… I love all these heroes so much and since I'm an illustrator and character designer, I proposed to renovate their outfits in a modern or tech-wear style, and Marvel liked my suggestion. When Emily Newcomen asked me about these covers, I had to accept despite my busy schedule because it was so meaningful. I've been working with Marvel for 10 years now and I’m happy to say we can always have fun working together.”
    Check out the first five now and collect all eight ASIAN AMERICAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER HERITAGE VARIANT COVERS (AAPI COVERS) starting on August 4th!

• Info: www.marvel.com/articles/comics…

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Dozor 2 by Noldofinve on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "Second art of the series dedicated to the special border guard unit DOZOR. The main idea is a cohesiveness of the unit with Ukrainian warriors of the past. The first one is a warrior of Kievan Rus`. The second one is a Zaporozhian Cossack and the third one is an officer of the Ukrainian People`s Republic army."

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Princesses on the Run by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Felt like designing some Heir Mounts. Planning to do the rest of the royals.

Felicity: Artemis (Bay Mare)
    Kiara runs
    Rose Red: The White Stag
    Amira: Sky Ray (magical Invention)
    Jia: Caspian (tiger guardian)
    Melody: Riptide (Sea Stallion)

films (C) Disney

Princes on the Run by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Prince team 1, here we go.

Lucas: Musket (Same horse from A Friend for Phillpe)
    Katashi: Mingyu
    Kopa, Geno, Ferto like to run.
    Jamal with Shrilanka: Midnight
    Turner Smith with Red Feather: Gold Leaf (One of Marahute's chick)
    Ping and Daiyu run.
    Leon: Marzipan
    Salvador: Fireflies

Films (C) Disney

Shield Maidens GO by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Brenda, Christina, and Gwyn Hood are here.
    And they come with Casper and Hilde-- Sven's calf.

Films (C) Disney

Princes on the Run II by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Prince team 2 is here!

Mathias: Draco the Constellation
    Morten: Inferno the fire elemental
    Membo, Nello, and Kion run
    Tangaroa shape-shifts
    Edwyn: Gurgi
    Noah: Beaker and Melvin

Fun facts-- So Melvin as from "Ariel is my Babysitter", since time has pasted, he is now a grown up octopus.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZnfaL…

Beaker is a deleted character from the original film. But the team scrapped him and gave Ariel traits and lines from him.
    Made Beaker a girl here if she's gonna be paired with Noah and teach him out to swim in his new Merman form.

Films (C) Disney

Princesses on the Run II by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Last one for the royals.

Lilly: Sunny
    Gurri runs.
    Johanna: Eclipse
    Kaokee: Dakota and Niagara the Golden Eagle
    Dahlia: Ketak
    Zaniya: Coyote

Films (C) Disney

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Noah's Gang by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    So do you remember the kids at Melody's party in Little Mermaid 2?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUZ6Ys…

No? Well now that Noah is here I'm rewriting them to be his friend group back in his original timeline. Note, that means the party scene is gonna have to be rewritten too.

Recap. Melody had a great life in the beginning befriending merfolk of Atlantica, even going so far as to find a boyfriend, Alex. Noah was at the time the baby brother of the family. But then Morgana sent the Leviathan out and King Eric died trying to save his son from drowning. He was caught in the wreck and sank. Queen Ariel was devastated. Her father, King Triton then proposed an idea to keep them safe. Cast up a great wall between the kingdom and the sea, a wall so high the Leviathan wouldn't be able to get to them. Ariel didn't wish to go through with it but couldn't stand to lose her babies.

Melody hated it, she couldn't see her friends or her home away from home. Noah in the meantime hated the sea. After being traumatized at the loss off his father he wanted nothing to do with the sea or his mermaid heritage. Instead he wanted to be accepted by the royals and nobles in his kingdom and formed and wide circle of friends. Sadly Melody wasn't as lucky, but found a way to meet with Alex, Myrtle, and Kaiyo where she became a very good swimmer, even without the use of fins. Though she'd always wish she had them. At times it felt like she was literally a fish out of water at home.

It was Noah's birthday and Ariel had been planning with him about the ball he wanted to throw for it. Full of song, dance, and good food. Topping it off with a cake with 9 layers. He wanted it all to go perfectly this year.... the last few were always ruined by Melody somehow. His friends Edvard, Gregers, and Lizzy would joke and tease him about his odd sister and how socially awkward she was. All she wanted to talk about was the sea and fish, things that bored them after a while. Something would just go wrong with her. Noah hated it. He didn't mean to come off as neglectful to his sister, but they were so different that they rarely saw eye to eye. He just didn't want to be seen as weird because of her.

Melody in the meantime was expecting another night to herself after a swim, but Ariel felt she was being left out and wanted to include her as part of the family. Trying to cheer her up with stories about how she had a hard time fitting in and making a fool of herself. But it all turned out okay in the end and wanted to reassure the same can happen to her. Then Noah came in after hearing the proposal. He didn't like it, but his mother wouldn't hear it. He had his sister promise him for once in her life just don't do anything stupid. She swore.... If she just sat at the table with her mom and had cake nothing bad could happen. Maybe no one else will notice she was still wet from the seawater.

The party was on, Noah was busy chatting it up with his circle about what gifts he got this year. Edvard was recounting him about how he whopped the dust during his violin recital. This made Gregers think back to the time he faced off against his chess rival, before stuffing some cheese in his pockets for later. Lizzy caught that and not let it go. She always seemed to have an inside scoop on everyone thanks to her eavesdropping and lock picking. Longed to pursue a journalism career when she gets older with a bit more money. Then his long time friend, Prince Jesper arrived. He came baring a flower and looked like someone on a mission. Jesper was a nephew to a neighboring king, he wasn't a part of the direct line, so marriage was present on his mind. Melody may not have been popular, but he had charmed other girls before, certainly she's no different.

Melody froze as Jesper offered her to dance. She shifted her gaze to her mother who encouraged her to go for it. She figured it was just a dance.... though she was never asked to dance before.... What could possibly go wrong? Jesper smiled and tucked the flower in her hair. Melody wasn't sure if now was a good time to tell him she was seeing someone else or later. Noah's eyes were glued on the pair as he stood prayed to god nothing would go wrong. His friends watched with him in awe at their friend asking her of all people to dance with. Lizzy felt mildly offended he didn't ask her. Edvard and Gregers started betting their desserts on if Melody was going to mess up or not.
    But so far things were going fine. Melody was actually beginning to enjoy herself for once. Little did she know her hair was leaving wet droplets of water on the ballroom floor causing her shoes to slip. From the outside it looked like she was dancing with two left feet. Noah found himself turning blue from holding his breath.
    Then... It happened.

Melody slipped on the water and accidentally shoved Jesper into the punch, which then caused the 9 layer cake to fall over like dominoes onto the birthday boy himself. But worse was Melody flashing everyone her bathing suite she tried to hide under her party dress. The party erupted with gasps followed by laughter. What scandalous princess keeps her wet swim suite under her dress during a party?? Jesper tried to dab himself with a soaked hanky remarking to Noah how he had met his fair share of girls in the past, but his sister was.... the strangest. Lizzy interjected on how she's more embarrassing than just strange. Gregers would have won his bet with Edvard had cake not ended up on the floor and on his friend. But no one else was quite as furious as Noah. He stormed to Melody and chewed her out on how she couldn't do ONE job right and at times he wished he didn't have a sister at all. Ariel then stepped in and broke it up. She dubbed the party was over as far as she could see. Melody fled in tears to her room and locked the door. Ariel then lectured to Noah how he shouldn't say such cruel things to his own family, Melody didn't mean for that to happen. All this was just as hard on her as it was on him. Noah was too angry to care in the moment and stormed of to wash his birthday cake out of his hair.

The Queen turned her attention to Melody's locked door. She asked her to let her in, but she got no answer, assuming she was crying in bed. The Queen uttered apologies through the door hoping she'd hear. Had she'd have known things would have turned out the way they did she wouldn't have nudged her into it. But unfortunately Ariel couldn't see Melody had already left her chambers via her bedding tied to her post. The girl had fled under the wall and out to sea. If she wasn't wanted on land then maybe she was wanted in the sea.

Then Morgana's tentacles snatched her up and dragged her below to her lair.

The Little Mermaid (C) Disney

Melody's Gang by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    So since I updated the party kids to be Noah's timeline gang. I wanted to do the same with the merkids we see--- as well as give a facelift to Tip and Dash. Dash I didn't have too many complaints with but he needed longer tusks and whiskers. Tip's original look seemed like discount Perry the Platypus. For a king penguin I felt he could be more in style and cuter.

Instead of being failed heroes, perhaps they're just a bunch of misfits. That way Melody has a reason to like them too, since they can all relate. Eager to finally be useful they guide her to Atlantica.

Alex takes after his parents Urchin and Gabriella. A surfer dude as humans would dub him, riding the waves above Atlantica. His friends Kaiyo and Myrtle helped start a surf club to host competitions. His father would encourage him to be brave and helpful, after he himself started off on the wrong side off the tracks. Alex is especially close to his mother. She can't speak and uses sign language, something Alex has become very skilled in too. He likes teaching others how to use it. Then Melody came into the mix. In the past she didn't have fins, but was an excellent swimmer. She could hold her breath for a long time under water. Even when she'd push herself too hard Alex would act as a safety net and push her up to the surface.

Then the Leviathan hit and King Eric drowned. Triton knew Morgana was behind the attack and forged a great wall to act as a barrier for Ariel's castle to keep her and her children safe.
    Kaiyo and Myrtle couldn't help but notice how sad Alex seemed after Melody was sent away. Kaiyo then offered maybe if they found a way for Melody to safely visit their gang at their old meeting stone, maybe they can carry on like normal-- but you know "in secret". Myrtle was hesitant, she knew what the Sea King was like if someone broke the rules. But she admitted she didn't like being away from their friend either. The gang searched the bottom of the wall, looking all over for a loose brick or maybe a gap. But Alex found something better, a grate. It took a few tries but all three managed to pry open one of the bars and beckoned Melody to come with them. It was great, just like old times. But melody couldn't help but feel she was only getting a fraction of the potential adventure. She'd confess about her troubles adjusting to life on land and would long to have fins so she could be closer to her friends and extended family.

The Little Mermaid (C) Disney

Kumandra's Mightiest Heroes by WhiteFangKakashi300 on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Since time has past in Katashi's timeline, that means Boun, Noi, and Tong's daughter Tien have aged up 15 years. Placing Boun at 26 and Katashi, Tien, and Noi at 16.

Boun has become a master tail chef and still keeps tabs on the younger members of the core stone team. He acts as a mentor of sorts, but gets overwhelmed by a combination of the girls, the monkeys, and Katashi's rage. This get wilder when Mingyu hatches. He likes to be easy going but is not opposed to kick some ass with his cooking gear.

Tien who was previously turned to stone like her mother is now a cutthroat warrior. A chip off the old block like her dad, Tong. The apple of his eye. When she matured she got her first elephant mount to ride proudly to battle. Boa she named him; it's rare you find them separated. Tien is cunning, blunt, and has a 0 BS tolerance. Tends to try and put Katashi in his place when he can't control his temper or stay patient. Noi had been close with her family after Tong watched over her during the Dune attack. She and Tien quickly became childhood friends and over the years that relationship has blossomed into something deeper. Tong is eager to await the day he has two daughters in his family line.

The monkeys-- or Ongis, as they are called in the Kumandrian tongue, have stayed by Noi's side even after she was reunited with her mother and granny. She had used her skills as an assassin to good work and has been working under the Talon chief with her monkeys. Shifty and sassy, she never outgrew her wild nature. Now that she's been training along side Tien, she feels she has that rock in her life to balance her flighty attitude. A favorite pastime is telling jokes to Tien and seeing how long it will take for her to break her stone faced persona.

Raya and the Last Dragon (C) Disney

Iron_lord, PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.