main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Coverart by Johan Egerkrans for Alba och landet bortom by Henrik Johansson and Mårten Gisby
    [​IMG]
    from

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Nice, the angel of the head makes me thing of that kind of long nosed turtle

[​IMG]
    from

Juliet316 and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Juliet316 and Gamiel like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Nice. Is that a canon ship?

Ben 10 AF Aliens First Three by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    So I've been working on a rewrite of Alien Force to fix some of the problems I had with the actual series and make it a bit more down to earth (pun intended) and to make the aliens a bit more alien in appearance.

For Swampfire, I thought it would be cool to alter his face, maybe define its features as him having eyes made of sap and the his teeth and mouth are more greenish to show him talking since the black blended too well with his face. For the orange petals, that is a sign of upcoming maturity into a methanosian's fully bloomed form. He's probably little more than a year away from that. Adolescent Methanosians are the ones that only have red and yellow petals and it's the infants that have just red ones.

Echo Echo isn't a huge change change but I though I would get rid of some of the lines on his body and go for a more mechanically organic look to him with most of it being based on his Omniverse appearance.

Humungosaur is based on his Omniverse appearance with his nostrils on his forehead, but I wanted to add more lines to his body to show that this is a tough species and lines seem to convey that in characters. I also added some teeth because I see this species as Tyrannosaurus-like in their early dino evolution stage from millions of years ago, but since relying on their fists, their teeth have taken shrunk to their current size. Not enough for effective combat, but good enough to tear through their cooked meat.

Ben 10 AF Aliens Second Three by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Here's the next set of AF aliens Jetray, Chromastone, and Big Chill. I wanted this in order of appearance but got Chromastone and Big Chill mixed up.

For Jetray, I took alot of inspiration for his look from Insane-Mane's Jetray concept www.deviantart.com/insane-mane… because it was just that cool.

For Chromastone, here he's made of a metallic mineral instead of a crystalline one. Might need to change his species name from Crystalsapien. Eh, it was too simple anyways. So I took some of his UAF design and his OV design and combined it into this.

For Big Chill, I wanted a good middle ground for the body type of something between the scrawny UAF Big Chill and huge OV Big Chill. For his features, I leaned into the OV Big Chill since there's more to work with.

Ben 10 AF Aliens Final Four of the First Ten by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    The final set of the original aliens, Brainstorm, Spidermonkey, Goop, and Alien X.

For Brainstorm, I couldn't nail his shell color, but I got as close to it as I could. I gave him some spikes around his mouth to match the mandibles that real life crustaceans have around their mouth. He still has arms, but for the sake of this I left them out. They're much smaller than in the original series because Cerebrocrustaceans use their neuro-blasts are their primary use to move items. His mouth was also changed in appearance to resemble teeth less and look more like a mouth that filter feeds.

For Spidermonkey, I used some elements of his UAF and OV designs and combined them into something more like what you'd see from a monkey from another planet.

For Goop, I stuck with the gravity projector even though I've hated it in the past, I've come around to the idea that it's needed in gravity that is heavier than what the Polymorph planet has. This is one option for the aliens and the other is a giant hover chair that better stabilizes them (Like Gluto had), but it makes them a bigger target to enemies. The black markings around its eyes are given a different shape so they don't look so straight on such a rounded aliens.

For Alien X, I decided to change him up to give him a more expressionable face, so he has irises now and his horns are green. A little touch I pulled up from Alien X-Terminator www.deviantart.com/zigwolf/art… . The stars on his body are green instead of white because Ben unconsciously made it that way. Celestialsapiens alter their stars to match any color of their choosing. One big change I made was Alien X's reality warping is changed to small scale Matter Manipulation. It is really intoxicating for Ben to control an alien with this much power and Gwen worries that he'll make the same mistakes he did when he was 11 and gained Feedback.

Ben 10 AF - Lodestar, Rath, and Nanomech by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    I've decided to keep going with the aliens and this time it's the final three aliens of Alien Force.

For Lodestar, the biggest change being that he has a neck now. The floating head thing was always so weird to me, so I changed it up here. He's also got metal peeking out from his stone body.

For Rath, I gave him a look closer to the Appoplexians from the Omniverse episode "Food Around the Corner" along with the scruffier look Rath sported in the Heroes United crossover.

For Nanomech, I combined his UAF and OV head designs for 5 eyes this time around and different colored parts on his exoskeleton.

Ben 10 UA - Andromeda Aliens by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    It's time to tackle Water Hazard, AmpFibian, Armodrillo, Terraspin, and NRG.

For Water Hazard, he's mostly based on his OV design. The only big difference is his mouth. It actually opens now and separates four ways like Blitzwolfer.

For AmpFibian, he too is based on the OV design, but with a small difference. His eyes are aqua green.

For Armodrillo, I kept him relatively the same but made his armor less angular and more form fitting with some white and black to keep with the OS costume motif. The reason the armor isn't all black and white this time around is because it is organic. Talpaedans are armadillo-like aliens who grow and shed armor plates but the still have use after being collected and forged into a stronger set of armor, which Armodrillo sports in his transformation.

For Terraspin, he's more based on his Ov design and with an added feature of the top of his head looking like a shell. Also, he doesn't have the same body type as he does in the series.

For NRG, he's not an entirely energy based being, so he has an outline, just one not as defined as others who are 100% biological. He's somewhere in the range of 70% organic 30% energy, so that there was DNA for Azmuth to collect. NRG's eyes are red, so if Albedo and Ben turned into this alien, no one can tell who is who based on appearance alone. The suit that surrounds NRG is absolutely 100% radiation and heat proof, so NRG needs to escape to use his full abilities and Ben only uses him when the area or object he needs to get to is dangerously radiated.

For more Ben 10 aliens and characters www.deviantart.com/zigwolf/gal…

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Master_Lok, Juliet316 and Gamiel like this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    nice

Ben 10 - Surge by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Hero Name: Surge

Species Name: Xergian

Planet of Origin: Xergo Sigma

Powers/Abilities: Energy Generation, Technological and Electrical Overloading (in a 1 mile radius), Flight, Energy Sensing through Sight, when physically touching another of its species, their abilities are amplified. The output and radius of their overloading is increased and their flight speed is faster.

Weakness: Noncombative even though it can disable energy weapons and power sources. Small size (1.5 feet tall)

Additional Info: Xergians gained their energy output abilities by building their homes in Honggo Trees, whose leaves absorb all type of radiation on the planet's surface and glow beautifully during the night. When Xergians reach adulthood, their skin becomes blackish purple. Their boies are 65% organic matter and 35% energy, it peeks out from the lines along their bodies.

Gwen 10 - Ogress by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    The female version of Pesky Dust.

While lacking the dream manipulation that the males can control, the females are capable of small amounts of dust creation and using it on their enemies to make them go through a "waking nightmare." They're also considerably stronger then their male counterparts. This makes the Nemuina society a matriarchal one with woman typically in charge.
    The Pesky Dust on the side is there for size comparison but even that one is smitten by Ogress.

Ben 10 of Universe 89 by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    A redesign of my Ben from this picture. www.deviantart.com/zigwolf/art… This Ben never gave up the Omnitrix in between the OS and AF, so as a result he has much more aliens by the time he's 14. He'll get more when Azmuth updates the Omnitrix with a optical scan mode instead of the physical one Ben originally had. So this Ben currently has unlocked 89 aliens. They are:

Heatblast, Wildmutt, Diamondhead, XLR8, Grey Matter, Four Arms, Stinkfly, Ripjaws, Upgrade, Ghostfreak, Cannonbolt, Wildvine, Blitzhowler (Blitzwolfer), Snare-Oh, Frankenstrike, Upchuck (Perk), Ditto, Way Big, Eyeguy, Feedback, Swampfire, Echo Echo, Humongousaur, Leapray (Jetray), Big Chill, Chromeductor (Chromastone), Brainstorm, Spidermonkey, Goop, Alien X, Upchuck (Murk), Magnettack (Lodestar), Shredator (Rath), Nanomech, Water Hazard, AmpFibian, Armordrillo, Terraspin, NRG, Fasttrack, Clockwork, ChamAlien, Eatle, Jury Rigg, Shocksquatch, Bloxx, Gravattack, Crashhopper, Ball Weevil, Articguana, Walkatrout, Pesky Dust, Molestache, The Worst, Kickin' Hawk, Toepick, Astrodactyl, Bullfrag, Atomix, Gasbag (Gutrot), Grossferatu (Whampire), Overflow, Lock-N-Load (reboot Upgrade), Draggin' Fly (reboot Stinkfly), The Itch (reboot Wildvine), Sucker Punch (Gax), Shock Rock, Slapback, Surge, Snakepit, Sandbox, Shellhead, Bungee Sponge, Hippopotomass, Skidmarx, Funguy, Terrorsaur, Braindrain, Gurge, Transmutor, Warp, Somnombulizard, Squirtapillar, Snark Tanque, Decagon Vreedle, Ventrilosquid, Portaler, Alien Z, Spittor.

Some upcoming aliens this Ben has upcoming are Slamstrike, Uniburn, Gutrot, Gravelanche (Rocks), Squistrictor, Twoofus (Bob the Blob), Thriller Whale, Antigravitesla, Plantapocalypse, Trunkshot (Ben 23's Trunk Man), Slipshadow (Shadowman), Unmovencible (Invincible), Paintbomber (Moyo), Leo Ninetails (Stretcheleo), and The Creep (The Darkness).

I think I finally got through my Ben 10 craze right now, now I'm thinking of finally getting to my other projects now.

Paintbomber by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Hero Name: Paintbomber

Species Name: Moyo Nompilian

Powers/Abilities: Camouflage: sac at the end of its tail is capable of creating a slime that perfectly matches its red and yellow skin, helping to avoid enemies. Paint-like slime can also be used to slide down surfaces, Amphibious, Experienced swimmer, Giant eyes give it a wide range of vision.

Weaknesses: Small Size (2 ft.), Non-combative.

A reimagining of the fan made contest alien, Moyo ben10.fandom.com/wiki/Moyo

Gasbag *New Info* by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    My reimagining for the Ben 10 Omniverse alien, Gutrot.

*Start of New Stuff*
    Hero Name: Gasbag

Species Name: Mezclamancer

Planet of Origin: N/A
    Home Planet: AC-545

Powers/Abilities: Various gas creation through chemical mixture from chemicals made in multiple chemical sacs. Inherent memory on how to mix the chemicals together to get the type of gas that is desired. Propulsion based levitation through gas expulsion. Gasbag could hold his gas release for a certain amount of time to create a damaging blast of compressed gas.

Weaknesses: If Gasbag is interrupted in the middle of a mixture and accidentally puts in the wrong chemical, the resulting gas will come out all wrong. Lack of limbs. Open flames and this alien are a bad combination.

Additional Info: Mezclamancers weren't naturally created aliens. They were created by the Globulons, intelligent aliens that specialized in world creation at the time. They had the brilliant plan to create custom made worlds for sell and rake in nonillions of credits. They used various creations of their to help create the cores, the planetary layers, the surface ground, the oceans, the flora, the fauna, and the atmosphere. To create the different atmospheres for each planet, the Globulons utilized a brand new creation of theirs, the Mezclamancers. These rock-like, gaseous aliens were created with the sole purpose of creating various gases for an atmosphere. Their minds were even preprogrammed with how to combine the various chemicals into specific gases. When the custom made planets were finished, the Globulons were ready to sell them, but it seemed that no one was in the market for buying an entire planet and the ones that were, found the custom planets to be too simple. With their investment a bust, the Globulons called it quits and abandoned the whole project, leaving their creations behind. The Mezclamancers were left on AC-545 and using their gaseous abilities, they changed the planet to suit their needs. 834 Earth years later, a small galvan would come to collect their DNA for a special device he was creating to bring better understanding for aliens across the universe.

*End of New Stuff*

I think this change in his appearance and name fit more with his powers, which I have changed slightly. So they way his powers work now is that he has gas sacs in his body that he can access to create more inside his "stomach".

So I changed his look to fit more with the inspiration for his creation, the pokemon Koffing and Weezing. I also changed the way he looks because I wanted to get away from his humanoid shape and give him a more unique one

Lodestar by Zigwolf on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    My redesign of Lodestar that gives him a neck and a costume.

Hero Name: Lodestar

Species Name: Biosovortion

Planet of Origin: Imagnostaydon

Powers/Abilities: Magnetism control.

Weaknesses: Inability to manipulate any nonmagnetic materials.

Additional Info:
    - Biosovortions were once simple rock creatures that consumed metal for sustenance. When they developed enough intelligence to logically think, they started to see how ferromagnetic metals were drawing in other metals around them. The species started consuming the ferro-metals and used them to more easily draw in metals for them to consume. Before long, these metals started to become one with the Biosovortians and the species gained the ability to manipulate magnetic fields. It would take 8 generations before they mastered this ability.

-The metallic parts of Lodestar are the ones that are most magnetic.

- Gwen was the one to pick the name for this alien as Ben lost a bet. Ben hated the name at first, but he's coming around to it.

For more Ben 10 aliens or characters www.deviantart.com/zigwolf/gal…

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Um... [face_hypnotized][face_love][face_love][face_love][face_beatup][face_love][face_love][face_love] [face_hypnotized]

My second Moon Knight commission from Juan Ferreyra!

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Juliet316 and Gamiel like this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

Bounty Hunter - Sparrow by Fhelalr

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Nice

A visit by Zliva on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "When an alien fleet materializes in high orbit over Earth, Dian Karimi finds herself at the forefront of humanity's response and is soon swept up into a conspiracy that spans across worlds. From @FaisalWillWrite's upcoming novel, the Unity, which is coming in 2022!"

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]
    From

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    PCCViking, Juliet316 and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9