main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Master_Lok, Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Mechanical Arcana - The Moon by zazB on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "XVIII-The Moon
    Arcana of the Aericavii clan, it was badly damaged during an ancient war with the Taurgrii. The Church’s scholars still haven’t managed to repair it, nearly two hundred years later."

The Mechanical Arcana - Noble of Blades by zazB on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "Noble of Blades
    The four Nobles of Blades were discovered together and split evenly among the Great Clans. It is usually awarded to the captain of their house guard, an honor for anyone of common birth."

The Mechanical Arcana - Justice by zazB on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "XI-Justice
    An old Arcana of the Osirii Clan that was stolen by the Northern Empire after the first invasion. The Osirii managed to sink the ship carrying it and so Justice has remained deep below the waves ever since."

The Mechanical Arcana - Temperance by zazB on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "XIV Temperance
    The Temperance Arcana is the icon of the Osirii clan. Arcanist Samogalos the Shy used it so well during the first invasion that both their names are legendary among the people of Emervald."

The Mechanical Arcana - Figure of Coins by zazB on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "Figure of Coins
    These Arcanas are well suited to fighting and common enough that a few mercenary companies are using them all around the island."

The Mechanical Arcana - Wheel of Fortune by zazB on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "X-Wheel of Fortune
    During the first Invasion, Cantis the Hard Headed, leader of the Aericavii, used this Arcana with great success to rally the other clans against the Empire at the battle of Red Sand Beach. To this day, it is handed down to the chosen head of his family."

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh] One of my most fave C&H…inspired the following monstrosity. Thank you Sarge…I think.

[​IMG]

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Trenchpunk Knight Baracca takes to the skies by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    I discovered that I hate painting planes. The perspective is wacky especially if you decide to make the top wing on some weird angles. Forgive me!

I've seen some versions of Italian WW1 planes with their bottom wing painted red-white-green, and some with green-white-red. I'm not sure if it was arbitrary, thought I would pass that on.
    I chose to do an Italian plane because they were the first to use a plane in battle, and because of the inspiration from my beloved Porco Rosso. Baracca also has this very cool horse sigil, and that very cool bright yellow plane! The knights of the skies!

1) I don't care if it's practical or not, threnchpunk is done for fun
    2) I will not depict your idea/suggestion/what-if-you-did etc. or any synonym of the word "request" unless we discuss payment.

Trenchpunk Francesco Baracca by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to figure out what the nose of the plane would look like before doing the wings. The lance would be longer and have some kind of energy coming off of it. I've had some ideas for push style propellers

Trenchpunk Ottoman infantry sketch by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Just some ideas to display different arms I had planned for the Late Ottoman Empire. Not necessarily to be used in combination.

Featuring a shortened Mauser Model 1871, with detachable spear fitted to a modified stock. The bayonet is replaced by a heated Billhook for penetrating or damaging heavy armour. Heat weapons are vastly cheaper than energy weapons and far more common though significantly less effective. It can not be modified to be fired from a weapon as it would quickly overheat. It can rend regular infantry armour or armored cars, but it can only slightly damage anything heavier. The fear however of brandishing one is that it gives away your position with that dim glow once it is activated, and that knights generally seek to eliminate anyone carrying one quickly so that they can move on to weapons that are not a threat like small arms.

I decided to use a different energy for this weapon as maybe different nations had utilized different technology to develop devastating new melee weaponry.

I am not going to depict your idea without being paid to do so. To contact me and discuss you can send me a note here, or use my e-mail matthew_dewitte@yahoo.com

Trenchpunk Sipahi by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    "Not even with my impractical designs am I comfortable with exposing their faces without armour haha"

Trenchpunk Earth Mage by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Never finished, old-ish

Not the best painting, but at the time I really wanted to get the idea down. I had this idea about trenchpunk wizards in command of different elements, Welsh coal miners were sent to the most abyssal depth and they found a type of rock that was too hard to mine, but it gave them dangerous magical powers. Hard to believe that they would serve their country having been subjected to such poor conditions and then gaining these powers. Costume inspiration came from the Iconoclasts from Outer Worlds.

The guy next to him was supposed to be a wind elemental guy, he can fly and levitate stuff like telekinesis.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Iron_lord likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

Monk by O GOK

Ahsoka's Tano, Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Sarkku and Brynjali concepts by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    From my fantasy universe

Trying out different ideas for the two infamous creatures of Fyr

Sarkkus are reclusive giant predators/scavengers.

Brynjali are greatly feared but only because of their appearance, however they are in actuality peaceful great ape herbivores not that Fyrlings know this, who avoid the creatures with a passion.

Sarkku scavengers and size comparison by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    Upon the North Shore outside of Fyr in the vast Tundra, all types of creatures wash upon the beach, small pods of Sarkku take advantage of the carrion. No animal dares contend, all but the bravest gull keep their distance. Even other pods of Sarkku wait their turn, as the fight is not worth the reward. Animals are not gamblers when the Sarkku is present.

Here the power of the animal is present, one is able to detach and carry off a whale fin, another was able to tear a rib clean out of the carcass to break once again and eat the tasty marrow. Another buries its head into the body of the beast.

Sarkkus grow well into their years, so older ones are utterly massive though rare. Here is a size comparison between an adult Sarkku, Fyrling, and Weerling.

Askar warrior by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    From my fantasy universe

Askar are the nomadic warrior culture that spread across the massive continent of Faargyl. The ruined continent, they destroyed countless cultures and cities during the Tide of Blood and ended the era dominated by The Golden Cities. They use a form of personal heraldry if they are an upstart, or family heraldry if they come from a line of successful chiefs. The contentious nature of Askar culture does not really allow for ancient heraldry, and particularly famous ones are stored in underground temples for safekeeping, (the only static buildings they have).

I should just have a copy/paste information on each culture for each culture. I keep forgetting that not everyone remembers or has read the artist description of each of these :/

Estermori by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    From my fantasy universe

The Estermor are the eldest extant contiguous culture. They are currently strictly isolationist and have been for centuries they may not leave the island (unless a part of the navy to intercept intruders) nor accept others near it. But at one point now immemorial to today's cultures they dominated the world leaving ruins and hints of their existence across it. Remnants of their technologies and influence are scattered throughout the world, chiefly ironworking. They follow the direction of a Saint, who declares an edict every 100 years which they must strictly follow. Unfortunately the following of this edict has caused several civil wars which have decimated their population and strength to the point where they must regenerate their population and infrastructure. The current population is high, people are crammed together and uncomfortable with remaining closed, they feel stagnant. Perhaps the next saint will make a declaration for expansion? Or open borders? Is the world ready for the Estermors once again?

Because of population issues they build upward instead of outward, and have zoning laws, which include the necessity to allow forests room to grow in order to resupply wood and wildlife for hunting for the nobility.

Estermori noblewoman by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    From my fantasy universe

The Estermor are the eldest extant contiguous culture. They are currently strictly isolationist and have been for centuries they may not leave the island (unless a part of the navy to intercept intruders) nor accept others near it. But at one point now immemorial to today's cultures they dominated the world leaving ruins and hints of their existence across it. Remnants of their technologies and influence are scattered throughout the world, chiefly ironworking. They follow the direction of a Saint, who declares an edict every 100 years which they must strictly follow. Unfortunately the following of this edict has caused several civil wars which have decimated their population and strength to the point where they must regenerate their population and infrastructure. The current population is high, people are crammed together and uncomfortable with remaining closed, they feel stagnant. Perhaps the next saint will make a declaration for expansion? Or open borders? Is the world ready for the Estermors once again?

Because of population issues they build upward instead of outward, and have zoning laws, which include the necessity to allow forests room to grow in order to resupply wood and wildlife for hunting for the nobility.

All are subservient to the will of a Saint, and his acolytes (akin to Cardinals in the Catholic faith). Though Saints are only picked every 100 years after the death of the previous one who may hold the title for a maximum 30, after a long and difficult election process. In the meantime, rule is held by nobles like in any other land and until a Saint is chosen, feuding and infighting occurs.

Herigaturi woman by deWitteillustration on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]
    From my fantasy universe

I ran out of time to finish this before my trip so I did the best I could.

I realized I hadn't drawn any Herigaturi women. I had this idea of someone attacking her and she was able to turn the tables on them because they weren't aware that mainland Herigaturi culture makes people more difficult to overcome even if they aren't warriors. I gave her fancy clothes because I can't help myself, I keep getting carried away with designs.

Most people wear the "butcher blade" a multi-purpose knife on their belt on the front of their waist, but it didn't fit the pose very well.

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.