main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Image heavy]A thread for art: See note on page 776

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

Ryu by Yoshihara Motoki

[​IMG]

Arsenal HEROES IN CRISIS #6 by Mitch Gerads

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  6. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  8. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  10. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Frater et soror by AgentJericho
    [​IMG]
    "[Star Wars : Datomir]

Frère et Sœur de la nuit... Voilà tout ce qu'il me reste.

J'ai été éduquée, élevée dans ce monde, dans ces coutumes et dans ces traditions. J'ai suivi le chemin des sœurs de la nuit, j'ai admiré leur pouvoir, envié leur savoir. Je voulais apprendre. J'ai désiré plus que tout être des leur. Au final j'ai appris. J'ai appris que tout leurs enseignements n'était qu'un gâchis de connaissance, de maitrise et de talent ! Toutes les merveilles, tout le pouvoir de l'univers entre les mains et pourtant mis au service de misérable luttes mesquines à se disputer le contrôle de village au moins, d'un carré de terre oud 'une région au mieux ! Voilà donc les vénérables Sœurs de la Nuit de Datomir : une bande de fillettes capricieuses et terrifiées de perdre le contrôle !

J'ai entendu le discours du Jedi ! L'homme qui était mon père de force plutôt que de gré. Je ne connais même pas son nom. J'ai écouté avec attention son alternative. Je n'ai entendu que la parole d'un autre dogme au point de vue étriqué. Des règles binaires et sans concession qui condamne l'être qui ne marche pas dans la lumière qu'ils ont définie comme une vérité. Tout autre qui ne suivrait pas le flux de leur courant mérite alors de mourir ! J'ai compris que l’intérêt seul de ces hommes et femme qui portent dans leur parole la vertu est la lutte pour leur commandement et pour l’obéissance.

J'ai écouté les Sith. Eux aussi prétendent détenir et délivrer la connaissance de l'univers mais en vérité ce n'est qu'un autre dogme, une loi tout aussi absolue. je n'ai entendu que vanité, avidité, arrogance et étroitesse. J'ai compris que leur seule parole est la soumission d'un novice à son maître et que beaucoup ne valent pas mieux que mes sœurs !

Je ne cri ni au mensonge ni à la trahison, mais je refuse de me mettre à genoux une fois de plus devant un maître quel qu'il soit, aucun chemin qui ne soit pas le mien. Je refuse de suivre quelque loi, quelque règle. Je n'ai ni mère, ni sœur, ni mentor, ni loi, ni règle, ni foyer, ni espoir... Tout ce que j'ai c'est mon frère.

Frère de la nuit, templier fidèle et valeureux, adepte des connaissance et de la puissance de l'univers qui porte en lui force et valeur ! Ce frère que mes sœurs traitent en esclaves, ce frère que le jedi a tenté d'éloigner pour son influence, ce frère que le Sith a tenté d'écrasé, ce frère qui finalement a trouvé sa voie auprès de l'autre maître...

Il aurait pu me tuer et partir. Prendre la route seul dans les montagnes et gagner sa survie ou sa liberté. Il aurait pu me ramener à la Matriarche et marchandé son pouvoir et son prestige contre moi, il aurait pu simplement m'abandonner à mon sort. Il est resté, il m'a aidé, protégée et il n'a rien demandé en retour. Ce frère est désormais le mien là où va, je vais.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Brother and Sister of the Night.... This is all I have left.

I was educated, raised on this world, in these customs and traditions. I followed the path of the Sisters of the Night, admired their power, envied their knowledge. I wanted to learn. I wanted more than anything to be one of them. In the end I learned. I learned that all their teachings were a waste of knowledge, mastery and talent! All the wonders, all the power of the universe in their hands and yet put at the service of miserable petty struggles to fight for control of at least one village, a square of land or a region at best! So these are the venerable Sisters of the Night of Datomir: a bunch of capricious little girls terrified about losing control!

I heard the Jedi's speech! The man who was my father by force rather than by will. I don't even know his name ! I listened carefully to his alternative. I have only heard the word of another dogma with a narrow point of view. Binary and uncompromising rules that condemn the being who does not walk in the light they have defined as a true path. Anyone else who does not follow the flow of their current then deserves to die! I understood that the only interest of these men and women who bear virtue in their word is the struggle for their command and obedience.

I listened to the Siths. They also claim to hold and deliver knowledge of the universe, but in truth it is only another dogma, an equally absolute law. I have only heard vanity, greed, arrogance and narrowness. I understood that their only word is the submission of a novice to his master and that many are no better than my sisters!

I do not cry out for lies or betrayal, but I refuse to get down on my knees once again before any master. I refuse to follow any law, any rule, any path which is not mine. I have no mother, no sister, no mentor, no law, no rules, no home, no hope... All I have is my brother.

Brother of the Night, faithful and valiant Templar, adept of the knowledge and power of the universe that carries within him strength and value! This brother whom my sisters treat as slave, this brother whom the Jedi has tried to drive away from me for influence, this brother whom the Sith has tried to crush under his boot, this brother who finally found his way to the other master...

He could have killed me and left. Take the road alone in the mountains and earn his survival or freedom. He could have brought me back to the Matriarch and traded his power and prestige against me, he could have simply abandoned me to my fate, alone and weak. He stayed, he helped me, he protected me and he didn't ask for anything in return. This brother is now mine, where he goes i follow."

12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  14. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  16. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  18. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
  19. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  21. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  23. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    from https://www.warhammer-community.com...nicum-and-renegade-knightsgw-homepage-post-3/

Thomas Fordal’s Dark Mechanicum and Renegade Knights
    [​IMG]
    The Dark Mechanicum has long been an inspiration for converters, offering almost limitless potential. Thomas Fordal is one such hobbyist, having built an incredible army of Renegade Knights and Dark Mechanicum units – and he was kind enough to share it with us. Check it out.

[​IMG]

Thomas: Hello, my name is Thomas Fordal, and today I’ve been given the chance to show you my Renegade Knights and Dark Mechanicum army. Since my favourite part of the hobby is modelling, I’ll be focusing on the ideas behind the models’ visual expression and how I created them.

My Knights army started as an ally to my Death Guard Legion, though I soon realised I could ally other forces to it as well. The Dark Mechanicum was the obvious choice for my Renegade Knights, with many synergies both on the tabletop and in the background.

The dark powers of the universe have always been my favourite part of the Warhammer 40,000 lore, and I have painted a lot of traitors over the years. As my experience has grown, I wanted to move away from the classic spikes and mutations. Now I try to represent the allegiance of the model with paint, textures and in other more subtle, and perhaps realistic, ways.

My Knight House swore their allegiance to the Death Guard before the Heresy began, and when the Legion fell, their oaths to the Death Guard were stronger than their loyalty to the Emperor. This is where the basics of my paint scheme comes from, a reversal of the pre-heresy Death Guard in white and green.

[​IMG]

Ødem Pulm is my Knight Castellan and Warlord. I made some changes to the model to show its Nurgle allegiance, most notably through heavy decay and weathering. I have drilled holes in the armour to highlight the decay even more. In the biggest of these holes, I added an armature (you can see this just above the volcano lance), and I think this was a really cool effect. I also added the obligatory mark of Nurgle and some extra faulty wiring made from guitar strings. The banners from his shoulders are made from plasticard and I also added some molecular bonding studs to the armour as I feel it gives the model a more ancient appearance.

[​IMG]

The Armiger Warglaives use many of the same elements as the Castellan. In addition, I used some chain on the shoulder armour on one of them. This serves both functional and aesthetic purposes, as it looks cool and it keeps grenades from being thrown into vulnerable joints. The inspiration for this came from some of the Heresy-era Death Guard Terminator armour bearing this kind of chain.

Before I start painting my Death Guard-allied Knights, I add texture to the armour using Agrellan Earth and Typhus Corrosion. Next, I slather on watered-down browns and oranges before I move on to masking some rough patches on the armour. Then I go in with layers of airbrushed green, progressively moving from dark to more yellow greens. Finally, I add some green and brown washes and an Ushabti Bone highlight. The final step is removing the mask, and we’re done!

[​IMG]

The Dark Mechanicum presented me with new challenges. At first, I wanted to make them look evil without changing the models too much. The result was a dark sinister paint scheme, black cloaks, dark metal and an eerie red glow from their weapons and other glowy bits. Everyone knows glowing red eyes means it’s evil!

[​IMG]

Then, suddenly, the new Nighthaunt went up for pre-order and sparked new ideas in my mind. The initial idea of keeping the conversions sparse went out the window, and I’m happy it did because I had lots of fun creating the rest of my models. Before the Nighthaunt were released, I did my two characters, both inspired by the new releases without actually using any of the new kits. The Dominus uses a lot of Necrons bits, while the Enginseer is based on the Corpse Cart coachman and lots of guitar strings.

[​IMG]

I love the aesthetic of the Sydonian Dragoons, but I needed some way to make them look more evil. So for these guys, I got hold of some Nighthaunt and made them the riders. I also wanted to incorporate animal skulls, the inspiration for this was another Forge World model – Archmagos Draykavac. I think this gave the models a sinister, feral look.

[​IMG]

As I have built and painted my way through this project, I have grown really fond of the concept and lore behind the Dark Mechanicum. So much, in fact, that I plan to make them an army on their own, and the Nighthaunt models will be an important part of my ongoing project in the future.

25. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.