main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Social Imagin-Atrium (All Writers and Role Players, Come on In!)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth_Elu, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Hello there and welcome to the Boards! :D

[​IMG]

Have you ever wanted to immerse yourself into Star Wars? Or any movie, show, book, video game, etc? Or perhaps an original world and universe of your own creation?

As in truly immerse yourselves? To feel like you were there. To feel like you could change the story or simply take part.

[​IMG]

Have you ever wanted to launch a story of your own for others to interact in both as a story to be enjoyed and yet a social activity of like-minded creative people as you work together to weave the tale?

Well, look no further!

This thread is the representative of the Jedi Council Forum’s very own Role Playing Forum and its companion forum, the Role Playing Resource.

Role Playing Forum & Role Playing Resource

This area, more commonly abbreviated as the RPF and RPR, allows you to do just that. So come on in and have a seat if you are interested in this idea or simply want to give it a try. Trust me, it becomes quite addictive in the best possible way!

[​IMG]

Here I, and those others who have experience in the RPF, can answer any questions you have and supply you with the links to important areas to check out over there so you can begin your adventure(s).

If you want to know the general rules and guidelines of the area, check out these threads: RPF Rules and RPF FAQ.

If you wish to begin socializing and begin speaking with the other RPers over there, you want to go here: Hooper McFinney’s or here: Jocasta Nu’s Coffee House.

Furthermore, if you’re ready to dive right in and start learning how things work in a practical fashion, look no more. This is where you want to go: The Role of the Player.

For those interested, we are also implementing an RPF Adoptions System, for those new to Role Playing to have a master to teach them and instruct them explicitly in the ways of Role Playing only. If you wish to have a master to help instruct in the ways of the boards in general or for other areas, then I suggest this excellent thread: e-Adoptions.

For incoming RPers, here is the prospective list of Masters waiting to take a disciple:

[​IMG]

Available Masters

@Darth_Elu - Currently has an Apprentice - Unavailable.

— Interests are extremely eclectic. I’ve dabbled a bit in everything and enjoy nearly everything, from horror to romance. But my favorite main genres are Fantasy & Sci-Fi.
    — “I would say I’m most looking forward to teaching apprentices how to refine their writing style and quality, in addition to helping teach how to World Build for those who wish to do such things.”
    — Pacific Time Zone (PST) and my activity level is rather high. You’ll usually get me responding fairly quickly, though I am on mostly at night due to RL duties to take care of during the day. (I still pop on to check things when I can though)

@Sinrebirth -Currently has an Apprentice - unavailable.

-- Interests are Star Wars (surprise, surprise), Kingdom Hearts, Marvel, Final Fantasy, .Hack//
    -- "Everyone is different in how they approach roleplaying, and indeed writing. Teaching means that I get to experience that, and learn from it, as much as I get to teach it. Having someone new and fresh to bounce off is exceptional fun."
    -- GMT Time Zone. But says: "I am active 3-4 hours a day on the forums. That sounds like a lot, when I say it aloud!"

@Corellian_Outrider

--Interests are Action / Adventure / History / Character moments... Fandom: Star Wars, Jurassic, Lord of the Rings, Nintendo, Disney, DC... "Just to name a few."
    -- Looks forward most to "Fostering creativity and the collaborative processes of bringing something to life. Whether through the characters or the worlds they inhabit."
    -- In an Oceania Time Zone. Is available a few hours a day and when possible.

(This thread was approved by the almighty powers of @Adalia-Durron, @Bazinga'd, @Sinrebirth, & @Corellian_Outrider!)

@darthbernael - Currently has an Apprentice - Unavailable.

-- Interests are the Sith side of Star Wars, Marvel, DC, ST, Dune, and "Gods so many more."
    -- "Evocation of emotion is important to me. If I can make a reader feel or 'see' the story and not just read it I feel I've done my 'job'. That as well as grammatical well done writing that stays within the rules of RP conduct."
    -- Central European Time Zone (CET), which is normally +6 from US Eastern Time, and active pretty much all day. In his words: "Wake up, pick up phone or open laptop and am available from then until I usually head to bed. So, based on EST, from about 1:30ish AM EST until, at the earliest 4:30ish PM EST."

@Adalia-Durron

-- Interests are Star Wars (Legends mostly, but loves all SW!), Action, Adventure, Sarcasm, Romance, "...you know the stuff most girls love!", Sabaton, Cosplay (Sewing them too not just wearing!), Archery, and Charity Work
    -- "To dream, expand your mind, those imaginary battles/romances/interactions you've had in your mind! BRING THEM TO LIFE!! The games are limited by our imaginations, and sometimes I have to be honest I struggle with some aspects of it, but I give it all a good go. Anyone can write, you just have try. And if English isn't your first language, I'm happy to help with that, its a bit of thing for me. Working with someone else makes it so easy, love collaborations and happy to guide with them."
    -- Australian Central Time (ACT) but says: "I sleep 8-10 hours, I work 6-9 hours a week, and I shoot Archery on Saturdays. Other than that you got me, I'm here most days for anything up to 14 hours on my phone or computer. I generally answer if the sun is up!"

@Lady Belligerent

-- Interests are anything Star Wars related!
    -- "Some of my favorite RP moments have been giving other players the ideal situations to react to. It’s so much fun to imagine how your character would react to being drugged or even poisoned; it’s fun to help a player learn to express reactions in unusual settings. Being able to get that across in writing and making it an entertaining read is key."
    -- US Central Time Zone (CST) and activity level varies. She states: "If I have tasks that require more time on the boards then I will certainly be available, and helping new users is something I enjoy very much."

@spacelady

-- Interests are Fantasy, Romance, Sci-Fi, and the Superhero genre.
    -- "I look forward to seeing new people and helping shape the future of the RPF, if I’m so honored to have been chosen!"
    -- Pacific Time Zone (PST) and concerning her activity level, states: "I’m on the slower side of getting posts (RPing wise) up, due to RL demands, but I check often throughout the day and I respond to messages fairly quickly!"

@TheAdmiral

-- Interests are Star Wars, Warhammer 40k, DC, Dune SciFi, Thrillers, Military, Historical, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, and Intrigues.
    -- "Everyone has their own writing style, I am more interested in bouncing ideas, shaping them, brainstorming, world-building."
    -- Eastern European Time Zone (EET) Activity level is fairly high as he states that he keeps his tab open and checks frequently. "Posting rate varies (but I try to post [RPG Posts] at least once per day when possible)."

*points* His fault, go after him!

~May Your Adventures Begin!~ ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2021
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The above was edited to reflect the fact there are NO females in that line up!! And I do RPG...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    @Adalia-Durron

Yes, yes you certainly do, milady. ;) And if the Jedi Master is up for RPGs, I daresay who would dare not follow her lead? :D

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Many.........mainly Sith :p

On another side note, did you know that 50% of this planet is in Spring Time? ;) :p

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I am indeed aware. ;) And the other half sliding, you could even say, falling back into Autumn. [face_tee_hee]

*crickets*

No? No, ok. It was worth a try. [face_dunno] :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Badum Tish?

I just wanted to brag about the sunshine, flowers, birds and all that wonderful stuff we have down here. Was a GLORIOUS day today.

7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Not so much here. 113 degrees yesterday and raining ash. Lol

Don’t expect today to be much different. [face_relieved]

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Very nice! =D=

The thread, not do much the ash. =((

9. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    Hello, All. This is a good opportunity for exchange of ideas and skills and could be spark the urge to explore. Everyone begins with some seed of a concept and it's great to have a place to which to come for inspiration and ways to grow those ideas. Will you be supplying prompts for such exchanges or cultivating discussions from prompts?

Bird song, flowers, and ash! Autumn where I am means the return to green and it can't happen soon enough.

Best,
    Pash

10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    It absolutely is. But seeing as this thread is more like the threshold or even the Grand Foyer to the RPF, it is best served as a welcoming place and for basic questions and ideas. Prompts and detailed exchanges are perhaps best suited for the RPR.

Which gives me an excuse to drop me a couple more links, thank you @pashatemur! :D

Interest Measurement Thread. For those of you wanting to test the waters to see if a game idea might be worth doing in the eyes of the community or not.

The Game Group. Also for those of you who wish to run a game at some point, but this place is more for that exchange of ideas Pash was talking about. A great place to cultivate one's skills and get advice from those who have been doing this for years. :cool:

11. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Hi, everyone! New users and old alike! The RPF is really a fun place to be! It’s a great way to escape and immerse yourself into a masterfully crafted story with the canon characters we all know and love (or maybe love to hate?), or even original creations, tailored to fit to your liking!

Come on in and check us out! [face_dancing]

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Thank you for adding that, @spacelady! Always love another good endorsement of the RPF. ;)

And I have an announcement to make!

It is with great pleasure and excitement, that I can now announce that I have received a new apprentice! @Kurisan

While she has been in the RPF for a little while already, she is still fairly new to the area and has asked for additional mentoring in the meantime, which I have accepted. :)

@Adalia-Durron, may you please take out my section under the Available Masters area? Thank you. :cool:

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done! Might just alter to reflect the situation. ;)

14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I don't see my name in the list! [face_nail_biting]

darthbernael likes this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Darth_Elu and darthbernael like this.
  16. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Well I sent my application to become a master and I don't see myself here :p

darthbernael likes this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think you need your eyes checked mate! :p

18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    [face_rofl] Need to change my glasses...

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, might help :) ;)

20. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Following in @Darth_Elu's footsteps.

And I have an announcement to make!

It is with great pleasure and excitement, that I can now announce that I have received a new apprentice writer! @Ava G.

She is newer to RP and we have spoken for some time and we have spoken about writing, and written a bit together. I suggested she check out this thread and she asked that I do so and I accepted.

@Adalia-Durron, may you please take out my section under the Available Masters area? Thank you. :cool:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    QueenSabe7, spacelady, Ava G. and 6 others like this.
  22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    *wonders in carrying a tray of cookies... dark side cookies*

What a wonderful idea, @Darth_Elu ! New folks - the RPF is a most excellent community and one of the ways I've met some fantastic people over the years that I am honored to call good friends. The creativity that flows from so many different individuals from all over the world astounds me to this day. =D= Join us!

Soooo how does one request to be added to the "Master" list? Did I mention I did bring cookies... [face_thinking]

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Right now we're not taking anymore, but when some more have apprentices, I will contact you @QueenSabe7 ;)

24. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Ah, ok. Yes please do, I'd love to help out.

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *eyes Addie* I think someone just doesn't want to update the list again. :p

darthbernael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.