main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Niagara, ON !*!*!*! IMAX Information and Volunteers !*!*!*!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    [hl=red]OK folks, this is very important![/hl]

The [link=http://dragobit.com/ffo/]FanForce Ontario IMAX page[/link] has now been updated with the showtimes for the initial weekend.

Basically we are going to need people who can be available for up to 13 different showings over 4 days!

We are not expecting people to volunteer for every show! We don't want everyone for every show frankly. We are figuring we need a minimum of 4 people in costume per show, anyone else is bonus and too many people can get confusing.

What we need from you is this. Visit the website, look at the times for all the shows.

Tell us (by replying here) what shows you can help , what costume, and who if anyone you want to be paired up with (Like Han and Chewie, Vader and a Guard, etc)

We need to know now. If we do not see a reply here we are going to assume you are not able to attend! So please reply.

Please use this message thread only to discuss volunteering for show, arranging rides etc.

If you wish to discuss the planning of the event itself, the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9268700]place for that is here[/link].

2. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I am free for the premiere,and am most likely free for all events that it says are planned, and none of them are during class.I would like to be paired with Chewbacca when that is possible. My dad has also volunteered to give rides.
    Are we all supposed to be at the premiere?

3. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I could do the Sat shows (any of them)
    I can do the Sun shows (except 9:40)

Since these are likely the best times I could also do the fri afternoon or even shows although I would prefer not to miss class but if you need people i can do it

I will be wearing Padme rainbow-I don't have a pref to be paired with anyone

4. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well like Nick I can do the premiere show, and most likely will be able to do all other shows. I of course will be in my Boba Fett costume. As for pairing up, I think I'd like to go with Vader.

5. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, I'd love to help out, my only concerns are money, and school.

Other than that, I'm good to go.

If there is any before hand work I can do, I'll gladly do it.

6. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Can't attend, but more then willing to help out back here on the homefront;) If there is prep work or other events that need ppl to work on... I'm there.

7. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Right now, I can go for the Premiere, and any shows on Saturday and Sunday. I work Friday evening, but have Wednesday off and will try to switch with someone so I can be available Friday as well.

I can come as Senate Gown Amidala, Battle White Amidala or Zam Wesell (don't think Eryn or Mal want to participate)

Will Leigh or Steph be needing costumes and hair done?

To NICK: Your car only holds 5 people max. My van holds 7 plus a bit more "costume" space (rooftop carrier if needed). I sure don't want to drive, but your dad is more than welcome to drive my van if that will help.

8. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I'm free on Thursday, Friday, and possibly Sunday.
    Most likly I'd be paired with Vader.
    (Yes Jay, you're stuck with me again)

9. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Like I said, this is extremely important. We need to work out a schedule to cover 3 theatres and 13 shows. We also need to work it into the schedule with volunteers from London, Toronto, the 501st and perhaps the Rebel Legion!!

This can be a nightmare, so that is why we need to know who can show and when. No maybes!

The list so far: (assume myself (John) and Chris will be at every show where there are others)

Thursday, October 31st, Hallowe'en 10pm show:
    Nick, Graeme, Laurie, Andrew C

Friday, November 1st:
    Nick, Graeme, Andrew C

Saturday, November 2nd:
    Nick, Graeme, Steph, Laurie

Sunday, November 3rd:
    Nick, Graeme, Steph (except 9:40), Laurie, Andrew C (please confirm this)

Mitch, as you can tell I need dates and times.

People not available that weekend:
    Dana (et al), and Leigh

Jason? Jay? Crystal? Andrew M? Stef? Bayley? Everyone else lurking? We need to know ASAP please. Even if all you can do is come for one show, thats great! It will give someone else a break.

10. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Don't forget though John...it's not too easy for someone just to come for one show...it IS Toronto after all, and most people will be relying on a driver who will in all likelihood be there for the day. Not to be contrary, just a thought towards the practical.

11. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I can be there on Sat. for all shows except 9:40.
    I still don't know about Sunday.

12. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I can't come at all. I have a fencing tournament in Kingston that weekend. Thursday night from 5:30-7:30 I have a manditory training session with work, then from 7:30-9:00 I have my last fencing practice before the tournament. Then we leave on friday.

I hope you all have a good time :(

13. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    I should be good for Friday.
    Thursday I have school, Saturday I am working and Sunday I am suppose to be training.
    See everyone Sunday.
    Later.

14. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    John:

Just to clarify I can do Sat OR Sun but not both-I think I miscommunicated that

I'd do both but I still have lots of homework

Please put me down for whichever date you need people

15. Kazama

Kazama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2001
    Im free Sunday...

///_~

16. Senator_Bunhead

Senator_Bunhead Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2002
    Im free Sunday as well, if you still want help :) I would just have to borrow the costume again though.. :$

17. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Keep em coming folks, need to get as big a list as possible.

Just one clarification.. just because there are 13 shows total over the weekend we may not be there for all of them. For example, Friday afternoon is probably bad for most people with work and school, so we may miss those 2.

But still we need to know when you can be available so then we can best decide where and when YJN members will be.

I hope we have all the volunteers in soon so we can discuss this on Sunday

18. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    I won't be there in costume, but can be a helper on thursday night and possibly saturday. I know you don't want "maybes", but atleast you know I can consider it.

19. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Okay, I should be good to go on friday. Thats the only day I know for sure I have off of work, and I just have one class that I can most likely miss.

The Only thing is that I'll most likely need a ride since I doubt I will be able to drive to Toronto...

20. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Comeon Deb...dress up ;)

21. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    I can be there on Thursday.

I really need to know something though.
    This maybe a stupid question but:

WE DO GET TO SEE THE MOVIE, RIGHT?

Even if we're in costume in stuff, helping out.

22. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Yes, but the theater is not being very giving...We have to pay full price, we get no "goodies", and we have to pay for parking if we go to Paramount.

23. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Is Paramount a MUST?... or can we do teh toy drive at a different Imax?

24. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Paramount is optional

25. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    What's this about Paramount? What is Paramount? Is there more than one theatre that we are doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.